Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Foreign investment.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    EDIT: Personally, even that kind of money is not worth it to me if I had to spend so much of my time doing something as horrible (my opinion) as rated pvp in WoW. But if this is legit and the guy is getting money for doing something he likes, great. Good for him/them.
    Last edited by Vivek; 2013-02-12 at 04:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I dont understand why people nagg about this? They pretty much devote their life to play games and entertain people that enjoy their
    And to be honest, if people like these didnt give out this huge donations, they wouldn't be able to entertain us 15hours every day with their streams. They would have to have a job, and well - a life..

Well, they make alot of money over the year, I wouldnt think that donation would be the end all of it If you look at Toweliie. Who don't do donations, and gives alot of stuff away. he end about 90k a year in DOLLAR. thats pretty hefty, that is a good educated salllory here where I live. and he uses commercial, have a avarage about 3-4k viewers each time he streams. with like 70% using adblocker, and a youtube channel. and reckful making over 2k a day sometimes, not TOO far apart from each other, I'd say NO, they wouldn't stop streaming without that donation :P They won't stop until they are bored, another streamer comes and do better streaming and are more entertaining, and is highly skilled in pvp as Reck or has a good tounge as Towellie . Either way, all props to them! very nice streamers. and wish them all well.

Reckful entertains 10,000+ viewers every day sometimes for 10+ hours, he deserves to make lots of money. If you only got the equivalent of a minimum wage job for streaming entertaining content for ~70 hours every week for 8-13,000 people that wouldn't seem right.

Amhai and others have been doing this for a long time, before stream donations it was pure boost/account/title buying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    They would have to have a job, and well - a life..
    Do i understand you correctly that you mean that these people dont have a life?

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Do i understand you correctly that you mean that these people dont have a life?
    They are playing WoW and making a decent living of out that, seems AWESOME to me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LukashP View Post
    They are playing WoW and making a decent living of out that, seems AWESOME to me
    Indeed. I fail to see how people see this as having no life? Jelous pathetic people im afraid :/

Deleted
    There is this thing that we all do you know....Go to work....sit at computers, counters, stacking shelves, building w/e so whats the difference in making money from playing? haha.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    theyre gona meet up irl...
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

seems fake..maybe they're donating money to themselves, money laundering!

Deleted
    some people have just too much money D:

As more people already have pointed out. Probably rich Arabs

Deleted
    Didnt even say thank you o_O.

Reckful got 10k, cdew got 10k, and soda got 41k. They have it IN their paypal, the dude still has a month to recall it, but as of right now they have it, and they haven't spent any of it as far as i know, I think reckful gave away 100 bucks but technically that doesn't have to be the guys money since he makes that pretty easily streaming.

Again they DID get the money, the guy STILL has time to withdraw it. YOu can go to twitch.tv\reckful twitch.tv\cdewx twitch.tv/sodapoppin and look through their vod's and see for yourself.

Edit: seems like everyone found out it was real so i just seem like a goombah pointing it out

oh well i'm glad they got the money, soda ehhh i don't mind him, i really like reckful and cdew though, they put out content that entertains me, i don't find amnesia and ghost peppers entertaining lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    seems fake..maybe they're donating money to themselves, money laundering!
    I doubt it's fake, depending on how much annual interest ahmai gets on his capital, he earns that money in 0.5-2 days by doing absolutely nothing...

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    tax fraud, for sure
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

if it is really from yaspresent, then it will be from abudhabi since "yas" is related to it. ever since i read that name few months ago when they had their own pvp tournament i had a feeling that they are really from abudhabi.

i know few names that i think might be behind it. not mentioning any though.

he'll probably blow it in a couple weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I doubt it's fake, depending on how much annual interest ahmai gets on his capital, he earns that money in 0.5-2 days by doing absolutely nothing...
    I meant it as in tax evasion, don't think some random dude gave him that much money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I'm sure if Swifty received 10k these forums would have the reverse opinion. It may just be me, but I think the Reckful/Soda fanboyism is getting worse than Swifty. At least Swifty's fanbase are mostly young kids around 12-16 range. Reckful have a fanbase of people over 20 that are practically obsessed with him. Its just as awkward as seeing a 35 year old dude wearing a Peyton Manning jersey at your local Walmart. Get a grip people, they're not gods.
    What the fuck? wearing a football jersey doesnt mean you idolize that person. If that were true, then it would be like every music cd you own would mean you are idolizing that band/singer/songwriter. Get a grip.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15