Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I meant it as in tax evasion, don't think some random dude gave him that much money.
    It's 10k, that guy has 160+ million... He really isn't going to waste time evading taxes on such a small scale...

Deleted
    I dont really understand why people even watch wow pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I dont really understand why people even watch wow pvp.
    Cause everyone's different and enjoy different things than you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendist View Post
    Not even, he was streaming too when he received nada.. Even when he was making his Reckful videos (on youtube and WCM), he did it for the fun of it, and didn't ask for anything.

Now that it's popular for streamers to put a donation tab on their stream-page, I guess he joined the bandwagon. I don't mind. It's a choice
    actually he was getting money from the start pretty much. and the first few days he was asking or donations..the point from the start was making it a job.

why are people worked up about this? he pulled it off nicely, i love it..

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Do i understand you correctly that you mean that these people dont have a life?
    Well, that came out a bit wrong. Not saying he got no life, but he DO spend up to 20 hours on that computer sometimes. And if he had a "life", with that I mean a 8-16 job, normal sleep scheduel and all that. He simply wouldnt be able to please all his viewers, and for sure not be able to play 24/7.

If you're saying playing a computer game all day long is a life, well thats your opinion. I'd love to do it my self, but after a while I would feel bad by my self, and sorry about how my life turned out..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Well, that came out a bit wrong. Not saying he got no life, but he DO spend up to 20 hours on that computer sometimes. And if he had a "life", with that I mean a 8-16 job, normal sleep scheduel and all that. He simply wouldnt be able to please all his viewers, and for sure not be able to play 24/7.

If you're saying playing a computer game all day long is a life, well thats your opinion. I'd love to do it my self, but after a while I would feel bad by my self, and sorry about how my life turned out..
    You do realize tho that sitting at the computer entertaining all his viewers IS his job right? He also has a girlfriend that he has been
    with for a couple of years now.
    How is that less of a life than having a "normal" job and spending less time at the computer?

Why is your definition of life more right?

Is this the middle ages where women are witches and what not?

Come on

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post

Reckful is doing what he enjoys and that's what life should be about. Reckful is a good looking fellow (Not an overweight 24/7 coke drinking nerd atleast) and seems to have a somewhat healthy lifestyle.
    Having a regular "work" job and a routine that's based around working, eating and sleeping is not living. That's just my opinion.
    Hi

Assuming the donations are for real. I guess there are some extremely rich people who play WoW and enjoy watching arena.

Who the hell is Amhai? Googled it and all i found was stuff about said donations.

And whos Reckful anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snookiee View Post
    It's odd too considering that they didn't even do anything significant, you know. They weren't fighting for rank 1, it's not like the season ended and they accomplished anything, didn't win a tournament or anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally happy for their good luck, and I suppose it's good that the money went to players who deserve it, it just seems kinda crazy. Then again, there are some really eccentric people out there..
    People don't have to be doing anything significant to earn money. The guy could've simply enjoyed soda's/reckful's overall content, which made him donate to them. Though like some have said, it might still be a scam and he might still refund those donations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roveredo View Post
    Who the hell is Amhai? Googled it and all i found was stuff about said donations.

And whos Reckful anyway?
    You know who athene is but never heard about Reckful? Too obvious... 2/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've heard that Reckful and his partner got a donation of 50k from some guy in Emirates. I don't believe it though...

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    You know who athene is but never heard about Reckful? Too obvious... 2/10.
    I know who Athene is but ive never watched any of his videos either.

Your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by Roveredo View Post
    I know who Athene is but ive never watched any of his videos either.

Your point is?
    Indeed, not everyone follows the "elite of wow" by watching their streams/videos. As Reckful got 10k viewers at pretty much any time of the day, dosnt mean everyone who plays WoW knows him.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendist View Post
    Now that it's popular for streamers to put a donation tab on their stream-page, I guess he joined the bandwagon. I don't mind. It's a choice
    Bandwagon WTF!!?!??!?

Since when has making a career for yourself been called 'bandwagon'?!?!?!?!

The guy is a great Wow player, he has built a great live gaming stream... why shouldnt he make some cash out of diong what he loves to do?

Jees when someone has their heart set on being a doctor and they finally make it we dont accuse them of joininjg a bandwagon cos they put hard work into attaining their career of choice... whey the hell do clueless idiots with no understanding of real life accuse a skilled gamer of selling out to a 'bandwagon' just cos he wants to make money doing what he loves doing?!?!??

What makes this DOUBLE ironic is that these idiots who accuse streamers of jumping on the bandwagon cos they make money out it it, theyre the same idiots who blindly pay a fortune to Blizzard!!!

Yep, u all throw shedloads of cash at Blizzard blindly without any question at all yet u feel hatred for a gamer who workd hard at creating something we can all enjoy just because he puts up a donation button... jees some people need a sense of perspective in their lives ffs

Deleted
    Endemonadia you seem angry, calm down.

Its cool he got this money out of nowhere, just hope he does not waste it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    That's all? I expected more from someone living in dubai...
    The screenshots were from his paypal balance, not his bank account. They could easily have been fake though.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Bandwagon WTF!!?!??!?

The guy is a great Wow player, he has built a great live gaming stream... why shouldnt he make some cash out of diong what he loves to do?

Jees when someone has their heart set on being a doctor and they finally make it we dont accuse them of joininjg a bandwagon cos they put hard work into attaining their career of choice... whey the hell do clueless idiots with no understanding of real life accuse a skilled gamer of selling out to a 'bandwagon' just cos he wants to make money doing what he loves doing?!?!??

What makes this DOUBLE ironic is that these idiots who accuse streamers of jumping on the bandwagon cos they make money out it it, theyre the same idiots who blindly pay a fortune to Blizzard!!!

Yep, u all throw shedloads of cash at Blizzard blindly without any question at all yet u feel hatred for a gamer who workd hard at creating something we can all enjoy just because he puts up a donation button... jees some people need a sense of perspective in their lives ffs
    Doctors save lives - and it takes a lot more work than playing video games. You're a moron for even trying to compare the two. And yeah - he joined a bandwagon. Big deal. Get over it. He has money. He has followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Bandwagon WTF!!?!??!?

Wow calm down..

And about the part: "Trowing money blindly at blizzard without any question", I know exactly what I pay for - The game expansions, my monthly fee so I can play, and a transfere now and then if I feel like jumping servers. All to help them pay all their workers for bringing out new shit.
    On the other hand, if I donate to Reckful: Who knows what he spends that on? I guess the same as everyone else getting paid for doing their job.

Sounds like rich nerds trying to buy friends