Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    creepy crawlies make the hairs on my neck stand up, I hate flies most of all, and mole crickets. Spiders are disgusting. There's this weird fact I dont know how true it is but its something like humans will eat as many as 6 spiders in there life time during sleep..... *shivers*

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    i can get rid of them with a glass and a piece of paper but i really don't like them much, the small ones aren't so bad its house spiders i don't like they move so fast it makes me shiver.

i woke up one night with a housey on my shoulder tickling my neck, i've never gone from being half asleep to as if i've just drank 3 espressos before that day. grabbed the spider threw it across the room and yes i didn't get back to sleep.

from what i gather its something handed down from your parents, my mother would cling to the ceiling if she saw one, which is probably why i don't like them, when your small you learn from your olders when you see them being scared of something it becomes your fear aswell.

strangley i'm not scared of many other things, snakes, bats, ants, beetles, crabs .. don't bother me, only spiders.
    Yeah, had a 4cm large one... sitting on my face once. Scared the living shit outta me, did not sleep that night anymore. So after that I went on a crusade against spiders, armed with: Matches, BB-gun, electric fly swatter, knife, spoon, anything to horribly multilate those damn spiders. (Sadistic? me?! no!... or well yes.. alot). at the top of my head: murdered about 120 of them in one week or so, and nearly burned our house because I resolved fire would solve the problem very fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not scared of em, just learn which ones are venomous on a dangerous level and which ones are aggressive. I like to get jumping spiders to crawl on my hands. They're like little eight legged teddy bears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    Never been afraid of spiders, they are just creepy in some way.

But again imagine what they think then they see us.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Living in England i used to love spiders i would pick them up and leave them be but when i moved to Arizona i kill them on sight

I really dont know what are the poisonous ones so i kill them all which is a shame cause im not scare of spiders but iam scared of being bit by one
    Dont worry. Im sure none of them are poisonous.

They may be venomous though!

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    Never been afraid of spiders, they are just creepy in some way.

But again imagine what they think then they see us.
    You are from Denmark. Our spiders aren't very big. Go to Australia and tell me the same!

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was about 7 years old, I picked up a spider to show a younger kid that it wouldn't hurt him. The spider bit me, the little asshole.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Dont worry. Im sure none of them are poisonous.

They may be venomous though!
    ^^ All spiders are venomous though, just to varying degrees.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    When I was about 7 years old, I picked up a spider to show a younger kid that it wouldn't hurt him. The spider bit me, the little asshole.
    Spider bro before the bro code...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a buddy that would regularly keep a jar or black widows at home when he was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I have a buddy that would regularly keep a jar or black widows at home when he was younger.
    Thats racist...

10+ Year Old Account
    if they are deadly or come in gigantic hordes then yes they are scary, otherwise no

10+ Year Old Account
    I would shit my pants full to the point my shit would be an apedemic in brazil and basically kill all of the spiders. Seriously, even tiny ones freak the living shit out of me. I'd seriously cry in a corrner in a fetal position crying and begging for my mother if I were to be in that town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats racist...
    Dem widows need some emancipatin!! But then you'd end up like Reeve...

Dem widows need some emancipatin!! But then you'd end up like Reeve...
    In Estonia?

I think im missing something...

10+ Year Old Account
    In Estonia?

I think im missing something...
    Lol, Estonia? Now I'm lost too. I was assuming you were making a slavery joke regarding him keeping "black" widows hostage to which I made a reference to the Emancipation Proclamation, but I guess any humor that could have been found is long gone at this point... Danes.....

They used to bother me more, now at work I kill them a lot.

Lol, Estonia? Now I'm lost too. I was assuming you were making a slavery joke regarding him keeping "black" widows hostage to which I made a reference to the Emancipation Proclamation, but I guess any humor that could have been found is long gone at this point... Danes.....
    Yea but why would i end up like Reeve then!?

I was making a joke about keeping widows captive btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea but why would i end up like Reeve then!?

I was making a joke about keeping widows captive btw.
    Cuz Reeve was being nice to spiders and they bit him.

Deleted
    oh boy, i would go crazy. lucky it arent camel spiders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOXvdfcct8g

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moorken View Post
    oh boy, i would go crazy. lucky it arent camel spiders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOXvdfcct8g
    Interestingly enough, while actual spiders don't bother me, Solfugids like that, which aren't venomous, creep me out. Might have to do with one waking me up at 3 AM one time.