Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post

Fun fact, Rape can be whenever a woman regrets sex as well.
    Says who? I really can't find anything about it in laws tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is unrelated to the lie you wrote.
    Is it? Perhaps you should look things up to do with that hilariously stupid phrase then.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is unrelated to the lie you wrote.
    I doubt that someone who became overly defensive, to the point of excluding an entire line of discussion, when comedians were mentioned is going to understand what the theory of Rape Culture means, much less its application.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Well laid wasn't the word I should have used. In general I can tell that I won't be able to communicate what I really mean with you.
    Hey, nothing like stereotypes. But, you've been mugged by a black guy so I'll let it pass.

Let's just say obvious inequalities apart, I don't think everything from previous generations is something that should be thrown away and of course you'll immediately think I want a woman in the kitchen making me samwitch but really I'm just speaking of traditional family values that are all but extinct in my experience. (The keyword here is "my" experience).
    So what is the proper place for a woman? In what role should they exist? What is your ideal world for a woman?

And no I don't at all believe in sex for the sake of sex, actually I abhor it. And I've found that anybody that adheres to that type of lifestyle is usually by nature on the opposite side of the equilibrium with me.
    So you abhor them?

GREAT you just summed up my point
    1,000 Rapists (technically 1,000 rapes as pointed out by Slate, a distinction we missed in an effort to bring some reality to the numbers.)

Of those 1,000 rapes, we applied a 10% reporting rate (100)
    So these are not reported, we dont know if these exist or are actual rape but we're gonna assume it's rape anyway. That's why we cant take that seriously. The "report rate" was always used with caution because of that reason, it's not the case anymore since feminists nutjobs.

Also, counting these 1000 reported rape as 1000 rapists, how far can you go

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    This is in our law system in Sweden.

If the woman has had ANY alcohol before sex and later regrets having it it is classed as rape.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    In the Laws no.

But whats to stop that drunken night stand to be classed as rape?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    This is in our law system in Sweden.

If the women has had ANY alcohol before sex and later regrets having it it is classed as rape.
    It really isn't.

But whats to stop that drunken night stand to be classed as rape?
    Lack of evidence.

This is equivalent to asking what's to stop someone you buy a couch from from claiming that it was theft.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    You dont seem to understand, that's the point, admitted false accusation is only 2%, but actual false accusation is a lot bigger.
    In a lot of these case people are innocented because lack of proof, so we dont know if they are rapist, but somehow the graph assume that everyone accused is a rapist, and somehow got away because of magic.

Tldr : False accusation of rape is a lot lot lot lot bigger than 2%, this graph is nothing but ideological fallacy
    The TOTAL false accusation of rape is 8% (and that's of REPORTED cases). But you failed to look that statistic up on your own and sit there and spout a lot of vague speculation about it being "a lot lot lot lot bigger". 2% of false rape accusations never included intercourse. 6% included intercourse that were proven to be consensual because there was no sign of struggle, no injury to the victim, or the victim and the rapist had a previous sexual relationship.

You can't make wild accusations without a source or on your own hunch. If you're going to make the wild baseless claim that a large amount of women falsely report rape, you're going to have to back yourself up with sources, not your opinion.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    I agree that it's a problematic set-up. But you make it out to be 'something as nebulous as my posture,' and that's not okay either. Most of human communication is through posture, and so, posture tells us a lot about one another. What that someone might have seen could have been your die-hard stereotypes; expressed as loudly as if you had spoken them to him directly.
    And again, it's no reason to punch you. But had you ever had one of those days where everything went wrong, everyone accused you of everything based on nothing, where you get fired because of something outside of your control, where you get blamed for something you didn't do because of 'die hard stereotypes,' where...
    Well; sometimes those days pop up. Days where someone is driven, by die-hard stereotypes, beyond a state of normality. Where all you want is to punch someone who holds such stereotypes in the face in order to get some retribution, some sense of justice.

I'm not saying the guy who punched you was right in doing so... I'm merely saying that you were in the wrong place in the wrong time, and the guy who punched you (who was in the wrong for doing so!) might have had reasons to lash out.
    I can live with that. Maybe you're right and he did have a bad day and my posture was off because I'd had that thought right before the incident took place but in the end it's that choice to be violent that perpetuates the cycle because I made the choice not to listen to my irrational fear. And so he failed that day, but the day we both resist is the day we move forward.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    http://rapeculturerealities.tumblr.c...4/what-is-rape

Because changing your mind half way through sex makes it rape.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 02:36 PM ----------

Lack of evidence.

This is equivalent to asking what's to stop someone you buy a couch from from claiming that it was theft.
    So basically your argument is "Nuh UH it NEVER Happens"

But it does, people get jailed for false rape claims.

Let me just say this.

Whoever posted http://kateharding.net/2009/10/08/gu...t-being-maced/

Seriously? There is no proof other than a bloggers "facts" on this page.

Rapists commit on Average 10 rapes? But the majority of rape charges are from abusive partnerships.

How do these facts work?
    Last edited by mmoc8433d251bf; 2013-02-11 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    http://rapeculturerealities.tumblr.c...4/what-is-rape

If you say stop, he doesn't stop. What would you class it as?

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    better safe than sorry. women *have* to think about stuff like this if they dont want to end up in a plastic bag.
    Only women?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    GREAT you just summed up my point

So these are not reported, we dont know if these exist or are actual rape but we're gonna assume it's rape anyway. That's why we cant take that seriously. The "report rate" was always used with caution because of that reason, it's not the case anymore since feminists nutjobs.

Also, counting these 1000 reported rape as 1000 rapists, how far can you go
    Again, you failed at reading comprehension and dismissed the rest of the sources because you didn't like them. You can go back and look at the margin of error admitted in the source itself. That still does not make the number of falsely reported rapes a "lot lot lot lot" higher than it actually is.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    "violence" can be a lot of things. but 90% of rape victims are female.
    http://www.rainn.org/get-information...ssault-victims

and yes i have had to be afraid of someone i know and trusted in that way. that doesnt mean im going to give someone i dont know at all my full trust.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...view-male-rape
    While you would be correct in that 90% of rape victims who report the crime is female, there is quite a large taboo on being raped as a male. If only 10% of male rape victims would actually report the crime, then that isn't an a surprising number.
    More-over, being raped, as a male, by a female is even more taboo, so reports on that kind of issue are even smaller in comparison. The fact is: We don't know the ratio. It's an educated guess that women are more likely to be rape victims, and I personally think it's true that more women are the victim of rape than men (mainly because our cultures make it possible, really), but it cannot be given as a hard number. Just like we cannot take as fact that 'most' rapists are male. Sure; it is probably the case (again, because our cultures make it possible, as I described on page 22, I believe), but we cannot take it as a hard fact.

As for being the victim of violence: To be the victim of violence is to not participate in. To be assaulted by overwhelming force, and therefore being overpowered. To have your life and dignity in the hands of aggressive attackers. Physical violent assault is exactly the same as rape, or rather: Rape is a kind of violent assault. It strips you of freedom and dignity, and endangers your life.
    I've been subject to both. They are equal in raw fear and emotional damage. They serve only to diminish you as a person, to make you small, of no consequence, to damage you in such a way that the assailant can feel superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    The TOTAL false accusation of rape is 8% (and that's of REPORTED cases). But you failed to look that statistic up on your own and sit there and spout a lot of vague speculation about it being "a lot lot lot lot bigger". 2% of false rape accusations never included intercourse. 6% included intercourse that were proven to be consensual because there was no sign of struggle, no injury to the victim, or the victim and the rapist had a previous sexual relationship.

You can't make wild accusations without a source or on your own hunch. If you're going to make the wild baseless claim that a large amount of women falsely report rape, you're going to have to back yourself up with sources, not your opinion.
    8% is a lot bigger than 2%. So in essence I'm right.

I'm still lacking the source for that graph including every men accused of rape being labelled as rapist remember ?

You cant ask me for source endlessly when you never bothered to bring me one.

10+ Year Old Account

And where is your evidence that this happens so consistently that it is the legal norm?

I don't in general like to go anywhere alone, that's not because I think the worlds out to get me or that men are rapists, nor do I ever do my best to avoid them (given theres been some creepy moments where ones picked up pace to seemingly stay near me or kept giving me looks that made me uncomfortable, suspicious behavior does give you the right to be on edge.) There's always going to be stereotypes and those who are willing to follow along with it, plus i'm sure it doesn't help that it's more so in the media the whole debate about what makes rape Rape.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I'm sure people are jailed for things they didn't do; that's no unique to rape though. When someone asks a remarkably stupid question ("what's to stop it???"), the answer is evidence. Yes, the judicial system can fail, but it doesn't make anyone suggest that theft is mostly a made up crime.

Yeah, that's pretty fucking obvious. If someone's saying, "no, stop", and you keep going, you're raping them.