Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Most animals are. To know that rape, murder or theft is wrong isn't something that comes naturally. Not even for us mighty all knowing humans. Morals and laws are learnt behavior and something we need to make our society work. All that you call civilized behavior is a product of living in a civilized society. If you were born and raised in a society that doesn't have laws or doesn't bother teaching children what is and what's not allowed, then you wouldn't be able to see what is wrong or not. Point is, morals aren't natural behavior, there is no such thing as morals outside of society, only different perspectives.

Exactly! However, those men who go through with it are lesser people, that is a fact.

I never denied THAT i am merely saying it is NOT all about power and control.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    No person should attack a person.
    Heh, point is. A guy that is 80-90kg, throwing a defensless 45k girl on the floor trying to take her cloths off is unacceptable.
    Its "worse" because she couldnt defend herself, because she was obv not as strong as him.

"person vs person", sure you shouldnt attack someone, but if you are going to.. Pick someone your own size. So i say again, men should not attack women. If that makes me a knight, well thank you for that kind title.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Nah they wouldn't.
    You don't know the definition of white knight, I posted it above for you.

The person I quoted directly said that if a guy beats another guy up it's just men being men, but a woman who is pinned down by her partner and cannot say no due to fear is a poor damsel in distress that needs saving.

Both people are victims, both need support in the same way. The white-knight only wants a womans affection as his reward.

Go and work on your blog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    if your hormones make you horny and you decide to override someone elses consent.. its because you believe you have power over them and want to control them.
    You know what..keep telling yourself these comfort food lies. There are more reasons than you'd think fo someone to do something..Even horrible evil things.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    Heh, point is. A guy that is 80-90kg, throwing a defensless 45k girl on the floor trying to take her cloths off is unacceptable.
    Its "worse" because she couldnt defend herself, because she was obv not as strong as him.

"person vs person", sure you shouldnt attack someone, but if you are going to.. Pick someone your own size. So i say again, men should not attack women. If that makes me a knight, well thank you for that kind title.
    I know dozens of women who could kick the shit out of you and every single man on this forum.

What about a guy that is 90kg throwing a 90kg man onto the floor, then kicking his head in, or beating it with a metal pole for 3 hours while he begs for them to stop. Is that ok? Because they're both the same size, he picked on somebody his own size. So that's ok?

Go away.

Edit: All women are "defenseless" right? You're disgusting. You are actually being more sexist than some of the people in this thread, and that's amazing.
    Last edited by Choptimus; 2013-02-12 at 02:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure where people have said that rape is worse than any other crime, other than the people accusing others of white knighting justifying their name calling by saying that we believe rape is worse than other crimes... which we don't.

It is however wrong to say that women are being judgmental and sexist when they cross the street to avoid any potential hazards, yet when a man takes caution and measures to stay out of situations that prevent him from being mugged, he's being cautious.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Really?

Go ahead and be disingenuous now, that's all you're good at anyways.
    You even quoted the context that proves I didn't say what you claimed.

Unless you really do get so frustrated that you force women into sex, I didn't call you a rapist. Since you hadn't confessed to such, I don't see why you'd think it applied to you.

And you making comments that seem to be aimed at justifying rape isn't quite the same as condoning rape. The latter suggests a moral approval that the former word does not.

It would really help if you stuck to what I actually said, rather than deliberately misquoting me. I mean, you even quoted the relevant context that made it clear I didn't say what you claimed I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    False, wrong, no.

Some people don't WANT to control them. They always can. Nobody is forced by their gonads to rape. They CHOOSE to rape.
    No i knowpeople who even work as and are licensed therapists who have been around alot longer then you and other things. They all agree there ARE times when one CANNOT control themselves..It is VERY rare and often never happens in a modern humans life but it CAN happen.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    I am a man, I'm giving them far more respect than you. I believe they are in control of their own actions, you apparently do not. I know there are situations which make men more driven for sex, I know that they can be in a situation where they're super horny, I don't believe that it makes a blind bit of difference when it comes to NOT RAPING SOMEONE.

It's about power and violence.
    It is not ALWAYS about power and violence is my point. And yes there ARE times when people do lose control. It is ironicaly a natural phenomenon..Not that people here seem to respect nature.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I am sorry, I have been in the middle of actual sex and I've been told I need to stop, and I just stopped and pulled out. If you cannot stop and pull out it's because you didnt really want to and are just basically a rapist.
    Yes and i did. But it is also VERY hard to do and i can EASILY see some people not being able to.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I'm actually pretty surprised by this line of reasoning from you.
    You were complaining earlier in the thread about women pre-judging you (or men in general) as a risk assessment measure to preserve their personal safety. If I were a bloke, I'd probably find your assertion that a raging boner = not being able to control myself a LOT more demeaning.
    I didn't say raging boner....Seriously you guys often show a serious lack of even semi basic neurological/hormonal traits especially in regards to the most primal/basic parts of the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    You know what..keep telling yourself these comfort food lies. There are more reasons than you'd think fo someone to do something..Even horrible evil things.
    im sure they actually rape people because they respect others rights.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Do you constantly walk around thinking all residents of poor/bad neighbourhoods are addicted murderous muggers? No.
    I do, but I'm a pessimist.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    No, because this discussion isn't about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, it's about WHAT MOTIVATES RAPE. So if I said there's a "grey" area in this discussion then in no way am talking about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, I'm talking M O T I VA T I O N S. Jesus H. christ, you must be most obtuse and righteous person I ever met.

Let's just let it go because there's no discussion possible with somebody who uses "Godwin" and then has the audacity to pretend like his arguments have any basis in fact.

You're right and a paragon of perfect manhood with an acute understanding of criminal psychology and I'm a wannabe rapist that could only dream of being as smart as you. Right?

Whatever man go back to Wonderland.
    EXACTLY man i swear some people though.

Deleted
    I never denied THAT i am merely saying it is NOT all about power and control.
    I'm confused. Did you mean to quote my post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    There are not that many reasons that motivates rape.

You have rapes that are about power and dominance.
    You have rapes that are about humiliation.
    You have rapes that about about opportunity; drunk / passed out girl/guy.
    You have rapes that are "well I am horny".
    You also have rapes that are all or a combination of the first four reasons.

Then we have the excuses for rape.

She was a whore/slut.
    She lead me on.
    I could not stop myself.
    She wanted it.
    Or other variations of "It is not my fault, really".

In the end a person who would rape another person is a monster no matter what the reason or motivation behind the action is.
    THANK YOU GODS!

I am glad to see SOMEONE gets it. I am not CONDONING rape or making excuses for it or justifying it. But saying there are more reasons then simple power and control.

Deleted
    The first guy was a proper asshole and you have all right to pass judgement or even report him. But the other guys are kinda innocent unless you somehow convey to them that you are not willing. If you're smiling and playing along hoping they will magically stop, then that's just incredibly self destructive. I don't know your life story and exactly what happened with the other guys so excuse my ignorance. I'm assuming they were just ordinary nice guys you just didn't want to sleep with and my post is based upon that assumption.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19508224 (Sorry, didn't feel like making a new post since I already had made a post about it before)

I was 13-17 years old during that time, my teen years were awful. Wasn't all of them I didn't want to have sex with, I liked some of them a lot. The ones I didn't want to have sex with but still did because I was afraid to say no messed it up real bad for me, they're the ones who got me drunk or on drugs and had sex with me. I liked the company(The good ones that was), don't regret the time but did get messed up by the bad ones.
    I hope you someday find a nice guy that will improve your view of men.
    I'm already in a relationship with the bestest boyfriend in the world and have been for some time by now.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-02-12 at 02:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No i knowpeople who even work as and are licensed therapists who have been around alot longer then you and other things. They all agree there ARE times when one CANNOT control themselves..It is VERY rare and often never happens in a modern humans life but it CAN happen.
    There's a reason we criminalize it.

If they literally couldn't stop themselves, they'd lack mens rea, and it wouldn't be a crime. At worst, they'd be able to plead temporary insanity, for the very thing you're claiming.

That doesn't happen, because what you're claiming is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    A friend of mine was brutally beaten and stabbed to an eventual death after 3 hours of borderline torture by a group of men who were "drunk and bored" because he was "in their area".

That's not violated at all, right?

Stop trying to elevate one violent, horrible crime over another. Assault is assault. It's all as bad as each other, regardless of gender.

Stop white-knighting.
    Well i said "blueeye" to the "tiny part".. Ofc beaten/stabbed, murder is just as bad, i didnt say that because i thought it was obv to everyone. But the higher % of men being involved in violence, (What i think, have experienced). Is that we fight for the smallest thing, as in, think 2 drunk men outside a club. 1 of them just happend to bump into the other, without doing it on purpose. And the other will the turn around start hitting around and be "all manly". Almost like teenagers. Silly example, but i have seen people fight over the smallest things. Wich then goes into the % of being involved in violence etc.
    But i still stand by being raped is a whole lot worse than a "blueeye", mugged. Atleast i would gladly take a beatdown, instead of getting raped from behind, and im sure most men would:S
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    To those who say that rape is bad, yet still providing justifications for it, I must ask... why? You've admitted that it's wrong. You've said that certain people just aren't right in the head. You're basically saying the same thing that every other person in this thread in this thread has said which is that rapists aren't right in the head and that it's an atrocious act, so why keep trying to supply justifications and excuses for the act?
    Justification=/=reason. That is a key point here. Nor does reason mean excuse. We are merely saying there are more reasons that someone might do something aside from the "me must show dominance" argument.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:22 AM ----------

Alright then. Just asking since most people seem to confuse justification with reasons to why it happens.

I've seen some posts (and my own) saying *This is why it happens* just to later be accused of condoning such actions simply because one recognizes the reason why such actions happen.

Pretty much man...So many emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    why are you trying to compare sexual assault to different crimes to minimize it?
    I believe that being the victim of a sexual assault would be horrible. I also believe that being the victim of a shooting, stabbing, beating, murder, attempted murder, etc. would be horrible. You want to talk about sexual assault but you want to ignore every other type of violent crime, because men are more likely to be the victims of those types of crimes, so they don't concern you.

So we've established two things: You believe that sexual assault is worth talking about, and all other violent crimes are irrelevant and meaningless. You believe that female victims are not to blame for their choices, but male victims are.

Essentially, you're suggesting that violent crimes that are perpetrated against women are bad, but violent crimes that are perpetrated against men carry no weight. Flip that around for a second and ask yourself this: if a man suggested that violent crimes against men are bad, but violent crimes against women carry no weight, would you call that sexism? Of course you would, and you'd be right. What's good for the goose is good for the gander -- your sexism is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    Well i said "blueeye" to the "tiny part".. Ofc beaten/stabbed, murder is just as bad, i didnt say that because i thought it was obv to everyone. But the higher % of men being involved in violence, (What i think, have experienced). Is that we fight for the smallest thing, as in, think 2 drunk men outside a club. 1 of them just happend to bump into the other, without doing it on purpose. And the other will the turn around start hitting around and be "all manly". Almost like teenagers. Silly example, but i have seen people fight over the smallest things. Wich then goes into the % of being involved in violence etc.
    But i still stand by being raped is a whole lot worse than a "blueeye", mugged. Atleast i would gladly take a beatdown, instead of getting raped from behind, and im sure most men would:S
    So you think it's fine for one guy to beat up another because he bumped into them?

You're horrific. Go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused. Did you mean to quote my post?
    Yes sorry i should have edited it. I was referring specifically to the last line in it...Some people here have assumed i condone/support rapists for saying that understanding reasons behind something can be good and that naming reasons means i justify/make excuses for it.