Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    The very prospect of fatality I should think would deter any ne'er-do-well that might pray upon you.
    Wishful thinking at its finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have anything to comment on about the rape stuff, but as for mentions of 'feminism' in this thread, I think I could sum it up easily...

Feminism gave women the ability to eat their cake and have it too.

In short... such women argue for equal pay in the workplace, yet also argue that men should always pay for the date.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....No? I mean unless I'm walking home at 1 in the morning or something. But a cat would scare me at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    No, feminism has just fucked world views about men.
    Feminism was about equality, and all we got were women bitching about men.

Besides, all you women need to realise that no one wants to rape you.
    You're all high and mighty walking around thinking you're that desirable.
    Okay seriously. NO WOMAN I know--including myself--walks around with a constant fear of being raped.

I'm sure that most women think about it from time to time, and do things to prevent being in a vulnerable position, but trust me we do not think about all of you all that much.

Women bitch about men as much as men bitch about women.

And if you don't think I'm desirable, I couldn't give a crap.

Cuz I am awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    There's something terribly pretentious about being afraid of "rape" for no specific reason. Most woman aren't half as desirable as they think themselves to be.
    So only attractive women should be afraid of rape? What's attractive is also subjective...only be afraid of rape if you know the man thinks you're hot/says he will rape you. Just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Not being "desirable" is not a protection against rapists.
    Fucking this a thousand times over. Rape is a violent crime, it has nothing to do with the sexuality of the rapist and everything to do with dominating another person. You think these people suddenly turn gay when they get put in prison or that women looking sexy has anything to do with rape? Jesus, there are tons of hot women in my apartment building but you don't see me assaulting them. Rapists cause rape.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    You don't need to be hawt to get raped.
    ... Ya maybe by some old con who's already so strung out he thinks he's in the matrix but otherwise people usually don't just "rape" for no reason, at random. Man come back to the fucking real world. Would you risk decades in jail to rape someone that looked like a toad? No. Well most people that aren't completely criminally insane wouldn't either and that's the majority of human beings.

And before you go off-topic, we're not talking about people who know each other. We're talking about the fear of some random hobo jumping out at you and raping you.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Wishful thinking at its finest.
    No one can make you protect yourself, but I would much rather have a chance than be at a criminal's mercy. I value my life more than the life of someone who would do me harm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    yeah, so its easier just to avoid to protect yourself. Are you more scared of stronger fitter looking men or just all in general. Would been 5'11 with broad shoulders(people always comment) and fit looking help to this they are stronger than me mentality
    Generally. I'm not exactly big nor strong, just average built guy is way stronger than me and way bigger.

Man so much fear, too much tv. The truth is you shouldn't be afraid to walk around at night. To me any neighborhood where you should be afraid is bad neighborhood.

I mean isn't that why you fools love repression? You know that "other" that you hate so much that's getting free healthcare and food stamps off your dime? The same one who's lurking behind a bush at night to rape your obese daughter as she walk home from her night out "partying". Seriously humans make me sick.
    I live in a high income area and a woman was raped by a drunk college student while walking her dog at night. Rapists don't only exist in poor areas, the ignorance in this thread is astounding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylinBDF View Post
    Fucking this a thousand times over. Rape is a violent crime, it has nothing to do with the sexuality of the rapist and everything to do with dominating another person. You think these people suddenly turn gay when they get put in prison or that women looking sexy has anything to do with rape? Jesus, there are tons of hot women in my apartment building but you don't see me assaulting them. Rapists cause rape.
    \
    The idea that it is ALWAYS about control is afallacy. It may be maybe even the majority of the time but thinking it always is is just dumb IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Ya maybe by some old con who's already so strung out he thinks he's in the matrix but otherwise people usually don't just "rape" for no reason, at random. Man come back to the fucking real world. Would you risk decades in jail to rape someone that looked like a toad? No. Well most people that aren't completely criminally insane wouldn't either and that's the majority of human beings.

And before you go off-topic, we're not talking about people who know each other. We're talking about the fear of some random hobo jumping out at you and raping you.
    No really I don't think it would matter if you're more beautiful then...<Insert Hot celeb here>. If someone is going to rape you they'll want to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

people usually don't just "rape" for no reason, at random.
    You're right. They don't rape for no reason or at random. No, they prey on those who are vulnerable. And they rape because they are animals who have no respect for another person's bodily integrity, because they enjoy the rush of using violence or power to dominate another person, because they are amoral bastards who think they can get away with it.

Man come back to the fucking real world. Would you risk decades in jail to rape someone that looked like a toad?
    In the real world, 90%+ of rapists don't go to jail.

Because it's been proven to death that the "massive" amount of unreported rapes have been seemingly made up numbers pulled out of the media's ass.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    What the heck are you smoking? I'm a male and I think of pretty much everyone as a murder or rapist. With the way the world has been going recently, I watch a lot of people when I am out, particularly if it is late at night around Campus or downtown. Call me paranoid, but I'd rather have all my bases covered.

Also just to add, because we had an article in our school newspaper (University of Georgia) that there are roughly 300-400 rapes that go on every year of students and of that figure generally about 10-15 are reported. I also read another article that was done by Princeton that found that about 10% of all males age 18-25 admitted to basically having sex with a girl without consent... 1 out of every 10.
    Last edited by Noah37; 2013-02-11 at 07:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Because it's been proven to death that the "massive" amount of unreported rapes have been seemingly made up numbers pulled out of the media's ass.
    Link to those "proven to death" studies then. I've been hesitant to report people for things they've done to me even if it could give them prison time because I just couldn't be bothered to have to go through the whole system. Even more so if people don't believe you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right. They don't rape for no reason or at random. No, they prey on those who are vulnerable. And they rape because they are animals who have no respect for another person's bodily integrity, because they enjoy the rush of using violence or power to dominate another person, because they are amoral bastards who think they can get away with it.

One thing i HATE is that bloody comfort food lie that it;s all about power. No sometimes men just lose their senses. Sometimes they have too much to drink or something else. The idea that it;s all about power and abuse is just a comforting thought to help demonize someone who might very well have been temporarily insane.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Because it's been proven to death
    Supply this proof then. No, MRA sites by raging misogynists and random blog posts do not constitute "proof".

Deleted
    You can always blast your way out with a fireball...

It's psychological and based on the real danger of unwanted pregnancy during the archaic ages of human social evolution. Being (usually) physically weaker they have to rely on prevention rather then protection. Think about how they go to the toilet in "packs", almost never alone.