Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    I used to assume like the OP did and ask the same question as to "why."

Then I hug out with my sister one day and decided to "see" as she sees men around her. (like as men walk by us I would look at them and observe their behavior)

Long story short... we're pigs. We look at women like a piece of meat and if we're not undressing them with our eyes we're either gay or have the urge to go beyond that. Women like to dress sexy and have fun... but society has taught men that sexy = "i want to have sex, F* me now" and that is how rape happens. Women cannot express themselves without the potential threat of being subject to a man's sexual desires or urges.

...and thats sad.

I used to roll my eyes when my sister (who dresses casually for a girl her age) would get uncomfortable even when going to the grocery store because some old perv would check her out... but now that I've seen it first hand I feel sorry for her and worry about those male types that don't just look... they want a bite and won't take no for an answer.
    Yes. Thank you. Men can be disgusting. They often think they are being sly when checking you out- nope try again. Even in a sweater and jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Really annoys me when women have these ridiculous preconceptions about men.
    I can't stand feminism, it's turned our world in to women can say and do what ever the fuck they want about men, and we just have to eat it.
    it really is insulting when I walk down the street (being 6.2', 200 lbs, and having a big beard) and a few women stare at me like I'm going to jump out of my clothes and do something awful to them. I hate modern day feminism its not about equality of the sex's its about women being afraid of the "dogs". and demand special treatment, why? because they have ovaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Osyrus View Post
    Yes. Thank you. Men can be disgusting. They often think they are being sly when checking you out- nope try again. Even in a sweater and jeans.
    Not every guy that looks at you wants to rape you, get over yourself. I check out probably every decent looking woman i see, but im far from a rapist, i just look if i want to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    it really is insulting when I walk down the street (being 6.2', 200 lbs, and having a big beard) and a few women stare at me like I'm going to jump out of my clothes and do something awful to them. I hate modern day feminism its not about equality of the sex's its about women being afraid of the "dogs". and demand special treatment, why? because they have ovaries.
    Maybe it is just because you look imposing. I would probably give you a wide berth as well if i do not know you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Not every guy that looks at you wants to rape you, get over yourself. I check out probably every decent looking woman i see, but im far from a rapist, i just look if i want to look.
    again thats not what I am saying. im not saying raping me at all- but that look? Its often creepy. We can see you- is what I am trying to get across.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    So reading these forums lately(lots of posts by a few certain members about this) as well as a post a women shared on facebook got me thinking why are some women so scared of men been potential rapist, i have also seen women cross the road when approaching then cross back down the block to avoid walking past me and other men. I have seen and head numerous things lately about how all women should assume all men are rapist unless they are verified been ok (friend, friend of a friend etc..)
    So women of MMO champ, do you constantly walk around thinking all men are rapist, do you live a constant state of fear. Cause this just seems odd to tarnish all random men you encounter as rapist. If you are scared what lengths do you go to, to protect yourself.

When i walk down alone at night i am not afraid of muggers or murderers walking the other way, it just seems odd and a little paranoid
    I do not think it is right just to assume every man is a rapist
    Okay, first off, almost no women think that all men are rapists. Those that do are damaged, most likely by the act. So let's please dispense with that ridiculous claim, okay?

Second, depending on what statistics you use, about one in six to one in four women will be raped sometime in their lifetime. Know ten women? Odds are, one of them has been raped. And this doesn't even account for ATTEMPTED rape.

If you had to live with those statistics, I'm guessing you wouldn't like walking alone at night, either, and would probably take some common-sense precautions, too.

Educate yourself.

10+ Year Old Account

Nobody said that though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

again thats not what I am saying. im not saying raping me at all- but that look? Its often creepy. We can see you- is what I am trying to get across.
    Thats why reflective sunglasses are a good investment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Thats why reflective sunglasses are a good investment.
    and men who can not get down the 'im being causal checking out everything you own' should...well own a pair.

And here I was, thinking the thread had become civil once semaphore left. Only new people came.

Infracted: Please refrain from insulting other posters (by calling them uncivilized or otherwise). Furthermore, please refrain from posting completely off-topic without adding anything to the discussion.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-11 at 09:41 PM.

that's the thing, i can't even check a woman out just looking at how pretty, or good looking they are, without having this idea in the back of my mind that they think that the fact i find them appealing that instantly means= I'm gonna rape ya. iv'e seen videos of feminazis that take it as an insult to be asked to have a cup of coffee.

10+ Year Old Account
    and men who can not get down the 'im being causal checking out everything you own' should...well own a pair.
    I always got the sense from talking to my female friends that they don't mind a quick glance, and even find it flattering. It's the guys that stare or leer that bother them. Often when I check a girl out and she catches me, she smiles at me. I guess you'd never see that happen though, if you never look at the girl's face.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Nobody said that though.
    methinks they protest too much.

We cant win... can we?

In my experience girls tend to make the distinction between what is creepy and what is cool from how good looking the person who looks is.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I always got the sense from talking to my female friends that they don't mind a quick glance, and even find it flattering. It's the guys that stare or leer that bother them. Often when I check a girl out and she catches me, she smiles at me. I guess you'd never see that happen though, if you never look at the girl's face.
    Girls have faces!?

:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Sounds like you have an incredible case of being bitter about being put in the "friend zone" if it exists...
    well, it's mostly referenced as "i'm too much of a pussy to get a girl", but when you look at your ultimate goal with a female and it's to get in her pants, friend zoning is very real. It means that you will never, ever hit that. and if you do, all the years of tormenting yourself over the wait wouldn't be worth it.

Some guys have trouble with rejection, and understanding that a woman does not feel very attractive when she is with a guy that believes she is the only woman he could ever be with. She enjoys entertaining the idea that he could be with other women, but instead chooses to be with her. I mean, that kind of relationship is kind of like beating a dead horse. Maybe some people like poking and brutalizing horse corpses, but I think many of us could agree it would be a lot more exciting if they shot a horse in the ass with a nailgun and got kicked.

essentially, "friendzone" is another way to say that "the pursuit of gobbling her meatcurtains is now a waste of time and effort" in it's truest form

though, i think that is largely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

What do you do if a guy winks at you, in a real eerie, but charming kind of Anthony Hopkins Hannibal Lecter kind of way?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, if you're wearing a low-cut top and a short skirt, you're basically saying "check out my bazongas and legs". If you don't want men to check them out, don't dress to attract that kind of attention.

Some women will say they dress that way to "feel pretty", for their self-esteem. But it's the same thing. You feel pretty for the same reasons men look. You feel attractive, like you're desirable. Men are looking because they see you as desirable. You can't have one without the other.

That doesn't mean men should be leering or staring, or making catcalls or unwarranted comments, nor is dressing in any way an invitation of any kind. And sure, some men will leer, even if you're wearing a sweater and loose jeans. But I've seen a lot of women get offended when they were clearly asking for attention with how they were dressed. Their offense was because they advertised to everyone, when they wanted a more select reaction. That's not the men's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    We cant win... can we?

In my experience girls tend to make the distinction between what is creepy and what is cool from how good looking the person who looks is.[
    indeed, if you aren't: cute, hot, or appealing in their book they will take it as a creep alert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I always got the sense from talking to my female friends that they don't mind a quick glance, and even find it flattering. It's the guys that stare or leer that bother them. Often when I check a girl out and she catches me, she smiles at me.
    Yes, certain circumstances I would agree. It is flattering- but its the creepy stares and winks..and Ill buy that for you...its just too much.

I understand I am being contradictory but you only talked to me because of my body and my face not because of the words that I spoke. It being the initial reason you talked to me " wow she is really pretty' okay okay. Some gents game is baaaddd and they come off very creepy. Why would I want to talk to you if you offer to buy me things- you dont know me...

I might be misunderstood, but.

Deleted
    I do understand some of the concerns* but when this type of stuff happens
    http://i.imgur.com/5ZiA3.png
    I'm just going "yeah ok then. Thats too much now."

*Since I live in country where stuff like this is somewhat rare and its bit more safer(?) to walk around at night I cannot say I'm really expert on stuff like this.

I just cant understand whole "All white males contribute to rape-culture because they are white and males" argument (which btw is either extreme trolling because there are never really facts about this subject other than "fancy image with text").
    Yeah some advertisers, movie makers or law-makers are "white and male" but does it mean I'm supporting them and I should be penalized until this changes?

Thats really how I think, but I'm going to be interested on possible replies and knowledge on the issues. It just feels like poking beehive every time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To be fair, if you're wearing a low-cut top and a short skirt, you're basically saying "check out my bazongas and legs". If you don't want men to check them out, don't dress to attract that kind of attention.

Some women will say they dress that way to "feel pretty", for their self-esteem. But it's the same thing. You feel pretty for the same reasons men look. You feel attractive, like you're desirable. Men are looking because they see you as desirable. You can't have one without the other.

That doesn't mean men should be leering or staring, or making catcalls or unwarranted comments, nor is dressing in any way an invitation of any kind. And sure, some men will leer, even if you're wearing a sweater and loose jeans. But I've seen a lot of women get offended when they were clearly asking for attention with how they were dressed. Their offense was because they advertised to everyone, when they wanted a more select reaction. That's not the men's fault.
    I agree completely. If you are showing off your goods expect to get the attention you are asking for.

Edit: now not all woman who dress like this are asking for attention. This is more of a personal statement for me. If a woman dresses provocatively she should understand that she will increase her desirability with her male counter part- possibly.
    Last edited by Osyrus; 2013-02-11 at 09:18 PM.