Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Don't even go there bro, with your one line wonders. Either make your post something more than a clever term you don't understand and a snide comment or just don't address yourself to me.
    You must have more testosterone to be so argumentative. I'd watch out Aeluron. You might want to lock your back door. YAY for double entendres.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    False, wrong, no.

Some people don't WANT to control them. They always can. Nobody is forced by their gonads to rape. They CHOOSE to rape.
    EXACTLY.

It's not being unable to control the urge; it's not WANTING to. I'm sorry but just because you don't want blue balls does NOT mean it's okay to push the issue of sex.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    You must have more testosterone to be so argumentative. I'd watch out Aeluron. You might want to lock your back door. YAY for double entendres.
    Nah I'm fine bro. I just find this debate amusing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Nah I'm fine bro. I just find this debate amusing.
    I find your justifications for rape appalling, nothing funny about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    He quoted you who were quoting someone entirely different.

He's not the rape apologist.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    He quoted you who were quoting someone entirely different.

He's not the rape apologist.
    Apologies then.

How some of you can say that "We are animals, and cant just stop". I dont get it, i would say that "that's weak", while someone who do stop is "stronger" mentally.
    But then im not really sure... As a personal experience, i was in a "party after the club" (not sure the english word). Anyway i was making out with a woman and one thing> to another, touching etc. Then she was maybe alittle "defensive" as to remove my hand, but still smiling/laughing, but she didnt stop touching me etc, or try to get away from me. When i treid to take her pants off, she said no, so i stopped with the pants, but didnt stop kissing etc (and neither did she) anyway alittle later i did sleep with her, and a 2nd time during the night/morning. (didnt try to stop me, say no etc). But in the morning/day she said, that she wished she hadnt slept with me, and that she felt like a slut.

Now ^ that is not "forcing", if she would get angry, or sad and telling me no, then i would have stopped, but she was smiling and "teasing". I have experienced once a woman said "no" in a serious tone. I got angry, might have called her some words, but did walk away. (Because, she was just teasing, as in pretending she wants to fuck, then when it comes to it, says no)
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I have neither brought up Godwin's law, nor referenced Hitler or Nazis in any way, except for right here, since you've now accused me of it twice. I have no idea what you're going on about, here.
    Huuuuh, I'm getting tired I guess. I thought godwin's law also applied to certain types of circular reasoning, forgot it was all about nazis... Anyway, that doesn't take away from the validity of any of my points. You're convinced you right just cause you're right and that's basically circular reasoning. Anyways, I'm tired and losing steam and talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. I don't know if you're a religious person but you'd make a really good Jehovah's witness with your mentality.

So let's just agree to disagree, if that something you can even do.

Aeluron is annoying because he's like the typical vulture who relies on others to weaken or kill his prey before he comes down with his little pecks.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-11 at 11:41 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly off-topic, but Reg (and you too Reeve and Endus) I have found your replies genuinely heartwarming. It just makes me really glad to see more guys fighting back on the issue.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because this discussion isn't about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, it's about WHAT MOTIVATES RAPE. So if I said there's a "grey" area in this discussion then in no way am talking about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, I'm talking M O T I VA T I O N S. Jesus H. christ, you must be most obtuse and righteous person I ever met.
    I believe that you made a mistake in your presentation that led to you saying something that you did not imply. Talking about a "grey area" implies strongly that you are talking about ambiguity, specifically moral ambiguity. A topic where there is more than two or more absolute, defined points with no crossovers between them. In terms of this, in an absolute sense there are two categories: rape is right, and rape is wrong. You were discussing two points where rape is wrong - motivated by a desire for control, and motivated by a lack of control over yourself (although I believe Endus is asserting that these two are intrinsically connected on a basal level, although they are expressed in different ways). So this would be XX. For YY, rape is always right you have, well.. I can't really think about a situation, and don't really want to. When you say there is a gray area, you say that there is XY, a motivation that is sometimes right and sometimes wrong. When you do this by using the term "grey area," you are suggesting that Y is possible and it is possible for rape to be justified.

No, because this discussion isn't about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, it's about WHAT MOTIVATES RAPE. So if I said there's a "grey" area in this discussion then in no way am talking about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, I'm talking M O T I VA T I O N S. Jesus H. christ, you must be most obtuse and righteous person I ever met.

Let's just let it go because there's no discussion possible with somebody who uses "Godwin" and then has the audacity to pretend like his arguments have any basis in fact.

You're right and a paragon of perfect manhood with an acute understanding of criminal psychology and I'm a wannabe rapist that could only dream of being as smart as you. Right?

Whatever man go back to Wonderland.
    There are not that many reasons that motivates rape.

You have rapes that are about power and dominance.
    You have rapes that are about humiliation.
    You have rapes that about about opportunity; drunk / passed out girl/guy.
    You have rapes that are "well I am horny".
    You also have rapes that are all or a combination of the first four reasons.

Then we have the excuses for rape.

She was a whore/slut.
    She lead me on.
    I could not stop myself.
    She wanted it.
    Or other variations of "It is not my fault, really".

In the end a person who would rape another person is a monster no matter what the reason or motivation behind the action is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but Reg (and you too Reeve and Endus) I have found your replies genuinely heartwarming. It just makes me really glad to see more guys fighting back on the issue.
    To be honest, I think something is wrong when people like us have to even respond to topics like this. It really shouldn't be necessary for us to say "Rape is bad." But I understand where you are coming from.

Some very rare case of people who rape wouldn't be total worthless jerk. but in the most case it is fair to say, rapist can go shoot themselves.

But for this minority, we have a law system.

Question whatever you take for granted.

15+ Year Old Account
    To those who say that rape is bad, yet still providing justifications for it, I must ask... why? You've admitted that it's wrong. You've said that certain people just aren't right in the head. You're basically saying the same thing that every other person in this thread in this thread has said which is that rapists aren't right in the head and that it's an atrocious act, so why keep trying to supply justifications and excuses for the act?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    To be honest, I think something is wrong when people like us have to even respond to topics like this. It really shouldn't be necessary for us to say "Rape is bad." But I understand where you are coming from.
    Has anyone said that rape isn't bad or wrong? I'm not being a smartass here, I'm just curious because I haven't seen anyone say that rape is a good thing. However, I've seen people read into certain posts far to deep to elevate themselves as heroes. (Not aimed towards you)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Has anyone said that rape isn't bad or wrong? I'm not being a smartass here, I'm just curious because I haven't seen anyone say that rape is a good thing. However, I've seen people read into certain posts far to deep to elevate themselves as heroes. (Not aimed towards you)
    No not directly. Maybe justifcationss via indirectly but not directly if that is what you are asking.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I believe that you made a mistake in your presentation that led to you saying something that you did not imply. Talking about a "grey area" implies strongly that you are talking about ambiguity, specifically moral ambiguity. A topic where there is more than two or more absolute, defined points with no crossovers between them. In terms of this, in an absolute sense there are two categories: rape is right, and rape is wrong. You were discussing two points where rape is wrong - motivated by a desire for control, and motivated by a lack of control over yourself (although I believe Endus is asserting that these two are intrinsically connected on a basal level, although they are expressed in different ways). So this would be XX. For YY, rape is always right you have, well.. I can't really think about a situation, and don't really want to. When you say there is a gray area, you say that there is XY, a motivation that is sometimes right and sometimes wrong. When you do this by using the term "grey area," you are suggesting that Y is possible and it is possible for rape to be justified.

English technically isn't my first language, sometimes I misuse terminology I think is right because in my original tongue it has a certain meaning that works but in english it does not. Anyways, truth I simply shouldn't be writing anymore because I'm too tired to pay attention to detail and that detracts from I'm trying to convey with mistakes like Godwin and apparently this.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Let's not go there again.
    Your post is sexist. Honestly; it paints two pictures:
    -Men as a group aren't guilty of anything (rape).
    -Women as a group ARE guilty (gold-digging).

This is pure confirmation bias, and it's really very... How to put it nicely? Skewed by your personal emotions. What you perceive does not reflect what is.
    I agree that men as a group aren't guilty of rape.
    Women as a group aren't guilty of gold-digging, rape, assault, abuse or anything else.

Individuals do nasty things, but you're judging based on your personal actions versus other's actions, and that never gets good results.
    Men certainly are guilty of rape, but not to the extreme that all woman need to assume a man will rape them (I am a man and i never raped, or even thought of raping anyone). Also, women are guilty of gold digging, but of course not all of them, at least not to the extent that men should assume that all women are gold diggers. My point here is that one should approach everything with an open mind and not assume the worst. I believe the OP made reference to some women being told that they should assume all men are rapists. Which of course is not the case as you pointed out. My point was directed at the people who subscribe to the belief that all men should be viewed as potential rapists. I was pointing out the ridiculousness of that theory. Also, to assume all woman are unable to defend themselves against an attacker is wrong. Its not like "hey, Im going to rape you and there is nothing you can do about." Also, as pointed out in another thread: a man can also rape a man. Yet, I as a man dont view all men as potential rapists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    No not directly. Maybe justifcationss via indirectly but not directly if that is what you are asking.
    Alright then. Just asking since most people seem to confuse justification with reasons to why it happens.

I've seen some posts (and my own) saying *This is why it happens* just to later be accused of condoning such actions simply because one recognizes the reason why such actions happen.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-02-11 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    Well, I don't think that anyone is trying to justify rape.

Just that people are trying to clarify the thought process of a would be rapist and it is being misconstrued as justification of rape.

I mean, I don't really care either way. By some people's definition of the word rapist, I'm a rapist because I let the pizza boy freeze for a few minutes.