Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Is that a threat? You know I'm pretty sure the very founder of this site is French, so I don't know where you get off telling me to "stop that" like some kind of racist missionary hearing pigmy dialect but maybe I missed the forum rule that states you always have to speak English or get out. If so, then I have no issue speaking English.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?faq=forumrules
    -Only post in English. As English is not everyone's native language, we ask you to not correct other people's posts unless you are asked to. Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Yeah that's dumb as hell.
    How is that dumb? That's how you meet girls. You know, showing interest and stuff. Guess I'm too old fashioned.
    *Heads of to Meetrussianwomen.com where rest of the world met their respectives*
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-02-12 at 03:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that a threat? You know I'm pretty sure the very founder of this site is French, so I don't know where you get off telling me to "stop that" like some kind of racist missionary hearing pigmy dialect but maybe I missed the forum rule that states you always have to speak English or get out. If so, then I have no issue speaking English.
    Actually...

"Only post in English. As English is not everyone's native language, we ask you to not correct other people's posts unless you are asked to. Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police."

Despite the origins of the site, it has developed into an English-speaking site.

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    Chivalry is not dead. Real men are dead. In the north, women and mothers are our most precious treasures.
    And you can't come up with a single good reason why. Why should women and mothers be more valuable than men and fathers?

Why isn't everyone equally valuable?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    -Only post in English. As English is not everyone's native language, we ask you to not correct other people's posts unless you are asked to. Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police.

:P
    Very well, I will refrain from posting in inferior verbiage then.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to know what you are saying.

And you can't come up with a single good reason why. Why should women and mothers be more valuable than men and fathers?

Why isn't everyone equally valuable?

Nobody has been insinuating that. NO ONE
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Guys, just a reminder but please post only in English. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Solo66 View Post
    Me, a few pages ago: "Anyway, speaking only for myself, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that it's perfectly normal for women to be afraid of being raped. I mean, of all the things in the world to be afraid of, that's certainly up around the top of the list." So, speaking of strawmen...
    you also said that it was sexist for them to be afraid because men should be more afraid of a completely different crime!
    Anyway, speaking only for myself, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that it's perfectly normal for women to be afraid of being raped. I mean, of all the things in the world to be afraid of, that's certainly up around the top of the list. I just find it interesting that men are objectively more likely to be victimized, and yet there's a constant undercurrent that women ought to be afraid for their safety. I also think it's interesting how many people find it completely reasonable to assume that any given man is a danger, while finding it unreasonable to assume that any given black person is a danger, when the male:female and black:white rates of violent crime are very similar. "Cross the street if you see a man walking in your direction" is sound advice, but "cross the street if you see a black person walking in your direction" is racist.

(And for the record, I do think that the latter is racist, because it assumes that all black people are violent...just as I think that the former is sexist, because it assumes that all men are violent. In both cases, it takes behavior perpetrated by a small subset of that group -- blacks and men -- and projects it upon all members of that group. Which is pretty much the definition of racism/sexism.)
    If you've read this far and you STILL don't understand why the two things are relevant to each other, then you're being intentionally obtuse. But then, we both already knew that.
    i really dont. you're just trying to play "gotcha!", which.. im flattered really but you arent making any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Why do you even mention it? Are you gonna try to turn it into another of your "OH NO, MENS RIGHT"-things?
    No. You're the one who said you'd kill yourself. I'm pointing out how absolutely insignificant that would be even if it were extrapolated to every victim of rape.

In other words, the total victimization (including 100% suicide rate, which would effectively turn rape into murder) would still be a ridiculously small minority of violent crime and less worthy of concern than it currently garners.

Women have about the same statistical reason to fear rape as they do some ridiculous disease like necrotizing fasciitis.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 03:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It's hard to know what you are saying.

Nobody has been insinuating that. NO ONE
    Jevlin has

Deleted
    I feel that women being wary amongst men for rape as upsetting, and an overeaction at best.

But, there not without reason - Moreso to the point that they ARE overall smaller and the crimes of the few echo more loudly than the actions of the mass.

It's just very unfortunate that certain people have an outlook on life that all men MAY attack them, obviously walking through a rough part of town it's expected you MAY garner unwanted attention from undesirable people - but during broad daylight in a busy affluent city centre?

Im not so sure, but flame away!

Deleted
    Women have about the same statistical reason to fear rape as they do some ridiculous disease like necrotizing fasciitis.
    Such a comfort for those who gets subjected to it. Really.

"HEY, guess what? You had no statistical reason to fear rape because it's RARE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    All those reasons do, however, boil down to power and control.
    Horny? Well; what ordinary people do in such circumstances is: Go home, watch something spicy, get off and go to bed. If you decide to rape someone instead, then there must be a reason for it other than being horny; being horny is merely that which could spark someone... Not an actual reason, then, but a catalyst.
    Loss of inhibitions through the use of drugs? It's not a reason at all. It means that you want to rape someone, but can, under normal circumstances, control yourself. The wish to rape would, again, be to assert dominance (probably because of insecurity/fear); the loss of inhibitions simply makes it hard to control your desires. Again it boils down to power/dominance.
    Opportunity? It's only there if you WANT it to be. I'll never look at a sleeping person and think 'This is my chance to rape them! It's totally not about asserting myself!' No; that's just rubbish. If you see an opportunity to rape someone, then you're already thinking weird and scary thoughts to begin with. Again, it boils down to primal drives: Fear. And fear can lead people to wish to gain power and control. It's really that simple, at a base level. You merely have to reduce reasoning to that base level. Everything we do can be reduced to base level emotions. Everything. You're just looking at the surface, but the surface doesn't matter. What matters is that which lies in the subconscious mind.
    On some level or another all rape has power control aspects to it but they may not be the real driving force behind it.

Take the "forever alone friend zoned" guy, I can picture that kind of harmless looking guy taking advantage of the passed out object of his desires. How long has he been looking at this girl fantasizing about having sex with her and the opportunity comes up. Even better if she is black out drunk and the odds are he can get away with it. Now, not every poor "forever alone friend zoned" guy is going to be able to make that leap from fantasy sex to opportunity rape. It is just like not everyone is going to make that leap from planning a murder to killing someone. Yes, there is a power/control aspect to the rape because the guy is making/ controlling what happens to the girl but the bigger driving force behind it, is "I like/love you and want to be with you."......that is kinda creepy in this context but, yeah.

You have "horny" guy on a date with a hot girl. They go back to the guys room get a little hot and heavy but while the girl may be up for a little petting but she is not going to have sex with the guy. Now most guys are going to end the evening there, take care of their needs and go to sleep. But some women run into the guy that is not taking no for an answer and wants to get off now. There is a power and control aspect there but the driving force is " You did this to me and I am horny as hell".

Then there is "crazy" guy that gets off on the power and control, making women afraid feeds his sexual energy and gets him off. I think with those guys a woman crossing the street out of fear may turn him on or make him rage. These are the men women fear but because they look like your average guy they are hard to spot and avoid. The driving force behind these types of rapes is power and control not sex/ attraction. While both "forever alone friend zoned" guy and "crazy" guy are rapist their reasons for doing so are different.

Maybe this what the person was talking about when he said grey area in rapes, it could have been a grey area in rapist. When looking at jail time and if a person can be "rehabilitated" I would give "forever alone friend zoned" guy more of a chance than "crazy" guy. A choice between who is the bigger monster I guess.

Watch this and women will never be afraid again

10+ Year Old Account
    Jevlin has

And? So what if he's trying to be real nice to a girl? Who doesn't do that. Not like he hates his own gender.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Jevlin has
    No I haven't. I will hold a door for both men and women given they are close enough to the door to not bother my very time sensitive schedule. I will however go out of my way if I see a girl I find interesting and perhaps wish to talk to. I'm sure I'd do the same thing for a man if I was homosexual.

Jevlin has
    I'm not sure how you equate Jevlin wanting a chance to talk to a good looking girl as placing girls above boys. If he is a single male I'd fully expect him to take every chance he could get to talk to girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Such a comfort for those who gets subjected to it. Really.

"HEY, guess what? You had no statistical reason to fear rape because it's RARE!"
    Am I cheapening what happens to actual victims? Of course not.

I'm saying that fearing it every moment of your life is ridiculous. You know who has to fear it every moment of their lives? Indians. People in real countries don't.

You might as well fear rabies. If it happens, yeah... it fucking sucks and it shouldn't happen at all. But the reality is it's so rare that you miss out on a lot of shit by being afraid constantly.

Please don't bash other countries.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-02-12 at 03:44 AM.

I'm saying that fearing it every moment of your life is ridiculous.
    What about people that have experienced it then? Because if we're going off statistics lets they're bound to have even less chance right? Lightning never strikes twice and all that.

Deleted

I'm saying that fearing it every moment of your life is ridiculous. You know who has to fear it every moment of their lives? Indians. People in real countries don't.
    You did see my location, right? You have seen the fact that Sweden is one of the countries with highest reported rape crimes in west, right?

Per 100.000 inhabitant:
    1. Lesotho: 91.6
    2. Sweden: 53.2
    3. USA: 28.6
    4. Zimbabwe: 25.6
    5. Norway: 19.8
    6. Israel: 17.6
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-02-12 at 03:40 AM.

You might as well fear rabies. If it happens, yeah... it fucking sucks and it shouldn't happen at all. But the reality is it's so rare that you miss out on a lot of shit by being afraid constantly.
    a lot of stuff women do is for general safety, not only rape but other stuff as well. men dont do them as much...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    While both "forever alone friend zoned" guy and "crazy" guy are rapist their reasons for doing so are different.
    Blasphemy!!! Different reasons for being a rapist?! Are you a rapist? Sure sounds like it, since you're justifying rape hurrrr hurrr hurrr.... Can't believe I had to deal with that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Maybe this what the person was talking about when he said grey area in rapes, it could have been a grey area in rapist. When looking at jail time and if a person can be "rehabilitated" I would give "forever alone friend zoned" guy more of a chance than "crazy" guy. A choice between who is the bigger monster I guess.

Ya, that person was me and for the record that's pretty much what I meant, or at least what I tried to mean until I got assaulted by the super-awesome Justice squad.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-12 at 03:44 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno