Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    you forgot that if women try to mimize risks, thats being "sexist."

And if men do the same they are racist

If you are allowed to call me racist because i too want to minimize risk by avoiding the ones who do the majority of violent crimes then i have the right to call you a sexist for doing the same

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Yup, I am a black chick that loves manga (favorites include Berserk and Dorohedoro), currently listening to Prodigy Fat of the Land, and I can read......books no less. But that is just the tip of my strangeness for a black chick.

And with that I am off to bed.
    Neato', goodnight!
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Yup, I am a black chick that loves manga (favorites include Berserk and Dorohedoro), currently listening to Prodigy Fat of the Land, and I can read......books no less. But that is just the tip of my strangeness for a black chick.

Way to destroy every stereotype we ever had about black women

GN!

And that post just made me think you're some kind of Calimero.

That is a black chick.

Yes... I often take language too literally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    And that post just made me think you're some kind of Calimero.

That is a black chick.

Yes... I often take language too literally.
    I like Calimero.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Shhh don't give them ideas.... >.>

<.<

... I don't feel very safe now.

I haven't been infracted or banned because I come off as a wonderful person that brings warmth and sunshine to everyone's hearts.... no seriously I'm surprised I'm still here, it's a bit of a miracle.
    I've seen worse brother. many infractions, but no bans. You need to learn how the system works.

Turning this thread into a chat thread is certainly one way to get it locked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    I've seen worse brother. many infractions, but no bans. You need to learn how the system works.
    Haha, yes well I guess I'm but an apprentice in the ways of the dark side.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

The thing about "Better safe then sorry" is that, in this particular case, it's only being applied in the sense of sexual assault. If safe is your approach, you need to fear other things that may harm you that aren't just rape, a female may happen to pull a gun and mug you. You should also be terrified in public places of diseases to a point of germ-o-phobia. However, in any of the feminists I've met, this is not the case. They don't fear disease, lightning strikes or violent crime (not sexually related) anywhere near as much as a random person raping them. When you look at the statistics by sexual assault information organizations, some 73% of rape is done by someone the victim is at least acquainted with.

Rape is horrible, and rape is far more often man forcing on woman than the other way around, I get that. However fearing it to a level of paranoia while blissfully ignoring potentially life threatening other things, that are statistically more likely to happen, based on the gender of a random person seems pretty crazy to me. Non sexual violent crime is far more likely, and in America the largest offenders based on race are African Americans. By the safe approach I should assume very single African American person is going to pull a weapon and mug me. See where this goes when you apply it to things beyond sexual assault?

To each their own, I'm not trying to offend anyone, only trying to get people to apply their logic in other situations so they can see what it sounds like beyond the one particular case they are very emotional about.

http://www.rainn.org/get-information...ault-offenders <- Source for the 73%

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I think the subject has kinda run it's course. There's only so long people can fling mud at each other.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Haha, yes well I guess I'm but an apprentice in the ways of the dark side.
    by the way, I was rude just because I know you speak french. Insulting someone in french is an art, and if you're good, you'll have respect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    With a certain persons (Which shall not be namned)"demise" we reached a point of complete understanding and agreement. There simply isn't anything to discuss that hasn't already been discussed. This is how all threads should end, in friendship and laughter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    by the way, I was rude just because I know you speak french. Insulting someone in french is an art, and if you're good, you'll have respect
    Yes, it's strange you say that because that's actually exactly what happen when you insulted me lol.

I was actually surprised at how good it was tbh.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-12 at 04:20 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    With *censored* "demise" we reached a point of complete understanding and agreement. There simply isn't anything to discuss that hasn't already been discussed. This is how all threads should end, in friendship and laughter.
    Also, did you know Lysah is a cute girl? You should go hold that door open for her.
    Last edited by Xanjori; 2013-02-12 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post

If you are allowed to call me racist because i too want to minimize risk by avoiding the ones who do the majority of violent crimes then i have the right to call you a sexist for doing the same
    You all ignored this one, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Solo66 View Post
    Actually no, I said it was as sexist for them to be afraid of men because some men are rapists as it is racist to be afraid of black people because some black people are violent criminals. In both cases, the fearful person is ascribing the behavior of a small subset of a group to all members of that group, which is the very definition of sexism/racism. It's right there on the page; try to keep up.
    all men are not rapists- the vast majority of rapists are men. the same equivalence cannot be drawn to race.
    I assure you that you have no reason to be flattered. You repeatedly dismiss crimes against men and insist that we should ONLY discuss crimes against women. You repeatedly suggest that male crime victims are to blame for the crimes perpetrated against them, while female crime victims are not. There's nothing flattering about that.

I've actually changed my mind and come to believe that you genuinely don't understand why anyone would want to talk about crimes perpetrated against male victims, because you literally do not give a shit. Crimes against men -- and the fact that men are more likely to be victimized than women -- simply don't matter to you, because it doesn't bother you if men are beaten, stabbed, shot, or murdered. My position -- that violent crimes are a bad thing, regardless of the gender of the victim -- simply doesn't compute to you, because to you, when a woman is victimized it's a tragedy, but when a man is victimized, who cares?

Anywho, it's been real, but it's late in my part of the country, so I'm signing off.
    i never said they werent a bad thing, just that they werent relevant to the topic. i dont know why you insist on comparing two different crimes on the basis of "theyre bad". all crimes are bad by definition. women arent afraid because of crimes that happen to men, nor should they be because that makes no sense.

its a statistical fact that young men engaging in risky behaviors are the most likely to be victims of violent crime.
    look, heres a report from the UK:
    Some groups are much more at risk of violent crime than others. For example, young men aged between 16 and 24 are nearly four times more likely to be a victim of violent crime than the general population.
    Nor have we included consideration of sexual offences because the issues raised are sufficiently different from those relating to wounding and homicide to make it difficult to cover both topics adequately in a single report
    • In four-fifths of violent incidents the perpetrator/s were male (79% for 2002/03 BCS). Seven per cent of cases involved perpetrators of both sexes. Again these proportions remain relatively unchanged in recent years. However, the proportion of domestic violence incidents in which the offender was female has increased significantly since the last results (2001/02 BCS) from 21 per cent to 32 per cent.
    • Victims were asked to estimate the age of the offenders. Where this was possible, latest results show that victims judged that there was an offender of school age in ten per cent of violent incidents. An offender aged between 16 and 24 was involved in nearly half (48%) of violent incidents overall. Over two-thirds (69%) of mugging incidents involved an offender estimated to be in this age bracket. Offenders involved in domestic violence tended to be older than those in other types of violence; 71 per cent of incidents involved an offender aged over 25. The estimated ages of offenders have remained consistent across time.
    http://collection.europarchive.org/t...rdsolr1804.pdf

well, better luck next time trying to prove i hate men or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Also, did you know Lysah is a cute girl? You should go hold that door open for her.
    I won't take your word for it

Also: You quoted me too fast. I didn't reach to hide my unedited version of the post, which I'm pretty certain is bannable (shaming or naming or something).

Thank you, Xan <3
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-02-12 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post

Again.

Yes, it's strange you say that because that's actually exactly what happen when you insulted me lol.
    Mes hommages. And by the way Xanjori, Lysah is a beautiful woman.
    Last edited by Morogoth; 2013-02-12 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    I dont agree with him, if you're walking through an area in which people of a certain race are renowned for being likely to commit a crime and you avoid them, you're not being racist, because whichever colour they would be for that area, you'd be avoiding them. I don't think you can be racist against the entire human race?