Warlock necessary for 10m HM?

Hello all. We are 11/16 heroic atm. We just had a bit of drama with our warlock so we kicked him. As far as recruitment goes I have a boomkin lined up to take his slot. My one "concern" is obviously health stones. Imperial Vizir H + H blade lord will be a little more annoying with no warlock portals but still doable. Anyways my question is, do you guys think a warlock is truly necessary for 10m particularly for the last 5 heroic modes we need to do (Empress + All of ToES since we failed epically on H Lei Shi)? Without him and our new boomkin our raid comp would be as follows:

Protadin / Blood DK

Disc / Hpal / R Sham

Frost DK / Rogue / Boomkin / Mage / Spriest

Thanks for any feedback

Deleted
    From my own experience I'd take a Warlock any time over a Boomkin, since you already have 2 DKs for BR (and a Warlock would bring a 3rd one, obvsly) and 2 Paladins for stats and mastery buff. Also, Warlock is awesome on H Lei Shi due to banish and fear.

5 adds with your setup would be:

Banish
    Warlock fear
    Priest fear x2
    Mage Ring of Frost for emergency
    Shaman bind elemental
    Rogue blind
    alot of stuns

Let your mage and warlock manage the stacks. Also, Boomkin is terrible on Zorlock because of the movement requirements, but for Empress you dont need a Warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting123 View Post
    Hello all. We are 11/16 heroic atm. We just had a bit of drama with our warlock so we kicked him. As far as recruitment goes I have a boomkin lined up to take his slot. My one "concern" is obviously health stones. Imperial Vizir H + H blade lord will be a little more annoying with no warlock portals but still doable. Anyways my question is, do you guys think a warlock is truly necessary for 10m particularly for the last 5 heroic modes we need to do (Empress + All of ToES since we failed epically on H Lei Shi)? Without him and our new boomkin our raid comp would be as follows:

Protadin / Blood DK

Disc / Hpal / R Sham

Frost DK / Rogue / Boomkin / Mage / Spriest

Thanks for any feedback
    Not sure about your thinkings but we did whole tier without warlock. I think maybe on Lei Shi and Empress he was on. But I am pretty sure it could be easily done without him too. So. Oh and 15/16 HC.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    You have all the buffs and debuffs, so it's just fine. I'm 16/16hc and we had not any warlock. But, for this tier I'd say it simplify things to have: (1) disc priests, (2) warlocks, (3) some tank with shield. The first ones because they are really op and the third one because is easy with those tanks for several bosses (empress, sha). But imho, the only requirement is to have all buffs/debuffs, if you have that, bring the player, not the class.

Deleted
    It's perfectly doable, but healthstones are obviously a great perk (you could in theory keep a lock alt outside of the instance and get a soulwell up once in a while) and an affli lock is simply a lot stronger than a moonkin right now.

Deleted
    In my experience 60% of the raid doesn't use healthstones anyway <.<
    I believe any encounter anywhere can be done without any given class and warlocks are no exception. We are quite useful though
    The only real problem would be Protectors HC because the 70% slow is just godly.

We haven't had a warlock in years. 15/16 HM and though I'd like healthstones I'd like summoning portals even more, not to mention that OP dps they have going atm.

But yeah, for a non-competitive HM guild like mine being lockless hasn't hurt us at all. Not sure why you'd need a lock for empress really, and while the gates would be handy for Lei Shi that's about it, you know when the specials are coming so can plant the debuffer on the boss in preparation for get away anyways.

Protectors HM that someone else talked about, never had issues killing the adds on time with a hunter + spriest on them, if they needed help they'd call it out and I'd send a few arcane missiles flying that way :P