Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As long as it's ingame currency for ingame services, and you keep your end of the deal, you're fine.

Yeah it's no different than selling mount runs which they don't care about. You're fine.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Basicly me and my CM group are selling carries through gold medals for 180k gold. I get whispered all the time by people in trade chat that boosting is banable and they will take our gold away.

Are they talking shit or is it true?

edit: Its the only way I can make gold and its pretty good business for us, but I'll stop doing it if its illegal.
    It's not illegal. I would see someone getting an infraction over this only if they advertised the boost for real money.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Boosting against an AI is just fine. Boosting through game aspects that are competitions between players, which results in the oponements' game experience being ruined is not.
    Nobody's experience is being ruined. A full group of excellent players will wipe the floor with the enemy team regardless if there are 1-2 players being boosted.
    Besides, the fact that blizz did not take any action towards the boosting teams ( which advertised it for in-game currency, not real money ) proves my point furthermore.
    Consider boosting like the football coach training hes kids, or the math teacher giving lessons for her kids / relatives / friends for free ( or money ) while the others have to either pay / don't get service / pay more. It's a way to capitalize your abilities.
    Last edited by mmoc30581c569a; 2013-02-11 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    Boosting against an AI is just fine. Boosting through game aspects that are competitions between players, which results in the oponements' game experience being ruined is not.
    Actually you are wrong. So is everyone else saying that PvP boosting is illegal. If you boost 1 bad PvP player for in game gold to 2.4k rating with your 9 man awesome PvP RBG group then its totally fine.
    The thing that is illegal in PvP boosting (and the reason why everyone thinks PvP boosting in itself is illegal) is an exploit with simultaneously grouping with 2 bg groups where due to an exploit 1 of the groups can avoid losing mmr for the loss and the other one gets a win and the respective mmr for it. I won't explain how it works exactly though because it's an exploit.
    Normal boosting of 1 noob by 9 good PvP ers for ingame currency is totally ok.

if you do a search on the official wow forums there a lots of threads of groups selling 9/9 CM's for gold so yeah its fine to sell for gold as long as they play their toon and its not for real money.

I don't see how it'd be a problem, gold for gold and such, keeping it all in-game isn't against the ToS.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    It's a bit of a double standard I'd say being illegal to boost people in pvp but not in pve.
    It isn't a double standard, because the two systems are totally different.

Player vs Player is all about competition, beating your enemy, and having any mechanism that allows you to bypass or enhance, without putting the effort in yourself is ruining the entire component of Player vs Player content. As part of this, gear and special (and powerful) items are rewarded, so achieving a reward for something you did is not good game design.

Player vs Environment Challenge Modes are about bragging rights, the capability to prove that despite gear you're capable of pushing your character and team to its limit. There is nothing to reward you from an improvement point of view in Challenge Modes, as the only rewards are Mounts, Titles & Transmorgification gear.

On-Topic: No. You're perfectly allowed to do this, you're free to confirm with a Game Master, but my guild has been doing a few runs and let some people join in for some in-game money, and it is fine.
    Last edited by Hyve; 2013-02-11 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Basicly me and my CM group are selling carries through gold medals for 180k gold. I get whispered all the time by people in trade chat that boosting is banable and they will take our gold away.

edit: Its the only way I can make gold and its pretty good business for us, but I'll stop doing it if its illegal.
    no its not against tos, ppl used to sell rag hc and dw hc mounts for gold too and there was even a blue saying its fine as far as they are concerned

Nah man, it's not bannable. People who claim otherwise are just upset that they can't afford it.

A guild on my server sells Heroic kills/loot all the time. They do it every xpac and every raid tier. They make you pay for a spot, then you have to pay to roll on gear, and don't get a refund if you lose the roll. Yet people still do it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    180k, what server is that on lol
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

The "illegal" part of the PVP boosting is where you pay real money for the boost, whereas the OP is asking for ingame money for the boost. If the PVP boosters only did it for ingame currency there would be no ToS issue whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's OK if you don't charge real money for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people are saying boosting people in PvP is bannable, so long is it's just a matter of carrying a worse player and having to compensate for them while at it..

Win-trading and Account-sharing are against the rules, but not simply carrying someone for in game gold.

Yes its 180k ingame gold for 9/9 gold done in 1 day :]
    Yes you can get banned to give away free gold medals so easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragefreak View Post
    Yes you can get banned to give away free gold medals so easy.
    Unless they're using 3rd party hacking tools to do it. No they can't.

If this is poorly translated sarcasm, then carry on.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Given that guilds have been selling raid loot/cheevos/raid mounts since like, TBC, and there hasn't been an ultimatum against it yet, I'd say you're golden.

I would imagine that you've got a bunch of crybaby jellyfish on your server who want to try and preserve the "special snowflake"-ness of CM gear, or are too poor to buy it and are likely trying to blackmail you into a guilt trip.

IMO, WORST CASE Scenario, you'd get a 24 hour suspension.

Having a bad player on your RBG team and giving them good rating for paying you is not illegal. Using an exploit to play a team of people you know that lose the match on purpose while avoiding losing MMR? That's illegal. Boosting in itself is not illegal. When you cheat the system to boost, that is.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Just Boost some more newbs, give them awesome achievments with nothing to back it up :P
    Seems like your playing on Stormscale EU :O

10+ Year Old Account
    You cannot get banned for that service...
    You can get banned for the chat spam though, if you overdo your ads.

Blizzard has no big problem with the service, they are however not very fond of it.
    There's a reason why they put a roadblock into the system, preventing tanks and healers to sell queues for others, just to get them into a 5 man faster.
    That was possible on end, by getting the people in and then just leave again... We know, that's not the case anymore. Those players will be removed as well, if the queue seller leaves early.

They are also not fond of trade spam, hence the timer and posting limitation.
    1 + 1 = 2....... Means, I can see how reporting such spam could lead to a temp ban rather faster than other spam reports.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HAF922 View Post
    Just Boost some more newbs, give them awesome achievments with nothing to back it up :P
    Seems like your playing on Stormscale EU :O
    What makes you think where he plays?
    He is not exclusive with that. CM runs are offered on multiple realms, on the NA realms as well.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's not illegal, should be fine.