Dual Monitor Problem

I have a 23' LG screen through DVI-D and a 21.5' LG screen through D-SUB (VGA cable) I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti. The second monitor keeps blacking out into D-SUB power saving mode. I have turned all my power saving settings off as well as my hibernate and PCI express. I have upgraded my PC power supply from 400W to 600W but am still getting the same problem. I have read that you have to set up dual monitors through NVIDIA settings but cannot find the way to do so. Everytime i go into the control panel for NVIDIA it has both screens up there. I have no idea what else it could be. Any help would be much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the drivers updated? Usually the control panel is included with that, but I've never had to use the control panel to manage dual screens. I was running dual screens without a problem on a 460. It sounds like either a cable or card problem, possibly.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Err yeah update the drivers I don't know what that's happening. I'm on Dual Screens myself, nothing wrong here.
    Try to go to the visual/colour settings and 'reset' them. See if that helps.

Occasionally one of my screens will dim after a reboot and doing that will sort it out.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you extended your displays through the Windows "Screen Resolution" (found by right clicking in empty space on the desktop) Quite often a second display will default to off, rather than mirrored like is usually the expected default.