Voters
88. This poll is closed
  • Yes! Would be epic!

12 13.64%
  • No (Consuela style)

67 76.14%
  • Maybe

5 5.68%
  • This should have been implemented ages ago...

4 4.55%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Warlocks got Green Fire, because lore wise, warlock fire isn't fire, it's corrupted Fel Fire. It's just a retcon for warlocks.

Paladins however, have always used power from the Holy Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Not entirely accurate. Sir Zeliek is an undead paladin. However, Blizz explained that it is very painful for an undead to use or be healed by the Light.
    Undead priests... holy specced... hellooooo

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    Undead priests... holy specced... hellooooo
    Painful, not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Warlocks got Green Fire, because lore wise, warlock fire isn't fire, it's corrupted Fel Fire. It's just a retcon for warlocks.

As a Warlock, I knew this would happen. Druids want red spells! Pallys want dark holy light! DKs want white spells because they are "good" DKs!

Deleted
    I'm a little curious because I don't know where priests get their power from or if it's from the light like Paladins, but why do shadow priests exist and how do they do it?

Well the idea of the "Fallen Paladin" sounds awesome... I'm so bored of the same yellowish colour my heals have! Atleast every other class gets multiple colour spells, but Paladins don't!

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread... gave me cancer.

See, about posts like this, lets keep away from them and stay on topic. -Krekko
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-02-11 at 02:10 PM.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Yes, Paladins need more color.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-02-11 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but no to the recolor. Maybe a new design to some spells, but recolor, no.

Paladins whom turn towards the evil tends to lose their abilities, look at Arthas. But again, this discussion can run in circles when someone mentions the Fallen Crusaders in Icecrown (Skeleton paladins with "Unholy Light" spells).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't want to copy an entire article about the lore, but:

The paladin is a "warrior of the Holy Light". They uphold all that is good and true in the world and revile all that is evil and sinister — especially undead and the Burning Legion. They offer succor to the beleaguered and smite their enemies with holy fervor. They are particularly potent against undead, as these creatures threaten the goodly races and the Holy Light burns them terribly. The presence of any evil is reprehensible to the paladin, but he focuses his efforts on destroying undead and demons. These warriors uphold the tenets of the Holy Light and defend the Alliance from the predations of any threat to their peoples.

- http://www.wowwiki.com/Paladin

Like it has been stated, any Paladin that loses touch with the Light is stripped of their Holy powers, which would make someone casting spells without holy power not a Paladin believe it or not. Also, I just don't see it working in any way, unless Blizzard designed it so Alliance Paladins cast spells that were pure white and Horde Paladins cast spells that were more of a golden color, resembling their power from the sun. Other than that, it just isn't an option with the lore set in stone the way it is.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

Hardly a retcon when they're able to choose to use the green fire or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    As a Warlock, I knew this would happen. Druids want red spells! Pallys want dark holy light! DKs want white spells because they are "good" DKs!
    I'm sure as a Warlock you also want to be the only class to get the option to change spell colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I'm a little curious because I don't know where priests get their power from or if it's from the light like Paladins, but why do shadow priests exist and how do they do it?
    They do it in a similar fashion to Paladins, but not the same. Paladins are a symbol for all that is righteous and must remain faithful to the light or their powers are gone, Priests merely manipulate the light, which they no longer have to pray religiously too once they've been trained.

Shadow is just the bad energy they also gather, in the case of Undead priests, they're born Shadow and have to learn to manipulate the light for the sake of balance, in the case of normal Priests its the other way around.

You don't have to follow any particular faith in order to be a priest, they use a system much similar to Shaman in that they can worship idols, as opposed to Druids+Paladins+Blood Knights+Sunwalkers, that have to worship and draw their power from a specific power source, be that the light, the sunwell or the sun itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmchomerun View Post
    Don't want to copy an entire article about the lore, but:

The paladin is a "warrior of the Holy Light". They uphold all that is good and true in the world and revile all that is evil and sinister — especially undead and the Burning Legion. They offer succor to the beleaguered and smite their enemies with holy fervor. They are particularly potent against undead, as these creatures threaten the goodly races and the Holy Light burns them terribly. The presence of any evil is reprehensible to the paladin, but he focuses his efforts on destroying undead and demons. These warriors uphold the tenets of the Holy Light and defend the Alliance from the predations of any threat to their peoples.

- http://www.wowwiki.com/Paladin

Like it has been stated, any Paladin that loses touch with the Light is stripped of their Holy powers, which would make someone casting spells without holy power not a Paladin believe it or not. Also, I just don't see it working in any way, unless Blizzard designed it so Alliance Paladins cast spells that were pure white and Horde Paladins cast spells that were more of a golden color, resembling their power from the sun. Other than that, it just isn't an option with the lore set in stone the way it is.
    BWAH! You were faster! Was just about to past it!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    Since warlocks gets green flames.

Why can't paladins turn evil? Get a quest that makes all spells dark?
    Like Arthas?

Can't be the only one who thinks paladin spells may provoke "Epileptic disease"
    So giving paladins an opportunity to get dark spell effects and look a bit evil like Arthas shud be implemented.

Your thoughts?
    There are other spell animations that make more sense for Paladins as opposed to black. For example, if Blizzard ever caves and decides to classify "sentinels" as "paladins" in the same manner that they classified "sunwalkers" (who are more like druids) and "blood knights" as paladins, then a silver-white would make sense for them. Also, red would make sense for blood knights and more sun-like effects would make sense for sunwalkers.

Will we get these colors? Probably not. With the exception of blood-red for blood knights, they don't make much sense lore-wise and it wouldn't be a change that made sense for all types of paladins without some sort of lore explanation as to why the color of your Light would change color. There are a billion cool things they could do with a paladin-specific quest, and color change is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but no to the recolor. Maybe a new design to some spells, but recolor, no.

Paladins whom turn towards the evil tends to lose their abilities, look at Arthas. But again, this discussion can run in circles when someone mentions the Fallen Crusaders in Icecrown (Skeleton paladins with "Unholy Light" spells).
    Fallen Crusaders are exactly that, Fallen Crusaders, they're not technically Paladins just as Horde aren't technically Paladins, they're worshipping a different power source and using it to gain similar abilities to a Paladin

Deleted
    Good idea, maybe they can have a special weapon enchant and they can call it "Rune of the Fallen Crusader".

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Hardly a retcon when they're able to choose to use the green fire or not.

I'm sure as a Warlock you also want to be the only class to get the option to change spell colours.
    Not really, no. I just don't think "Dark Paladins" make that much sense, nor would "Light Death Knights" or "Druids of the flame"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Fallen Crusaders are exactly that, Fallen Crusaders, they're not technically Paladins just as Horde aren't technically Paladins, they're worshipping a different power source and using it to gain similar abilities to a Paladin
    Indeed, that is correct. You have Blood Elves v1: Blood Knights v2: Sunwell paladins. And then you have the Sunwalkers.

I wouldn't worry about recolor or anything, would more want to have the feel of being a Paladin back. Fearing demons/undeads (Yes, even players like we once could) dmg bonus on undeads and demons. And sense undead back as well. I miss the feel, the feel of actually being a paladin.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 01:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Not really, no. I just don't think "Dark Paladins" make that much sense, nor would "Light Death Knights" or "Druids of the flame"
    No such thing is "Dark Paladins" and they shouldn't be compared with druids as they are a complete different lifestyle. And "Light Death Knight"? Never heard of that.

All-tho allot of the arguments shatters the dream of a questline to have a dark visual of paladin spells.
    Admit it would be awesome!
    You can always hot fix some lore to make it suitable

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Indeed, that is correct. You have Blood Elves v1: Blood Knights v2: Sunwell paladins. And then you have the Sunwalkers.

I wouldn't worry about recolor or anything, would more want to have the feel of being a Paladin back. Fearing demons/undeads (Yes, even players like we once could) dmg bonus on undeads and demons. And sense undead back as well. I miss the feel, the feel of actually being a paladin.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 01:48 PM ----------

No such thing is "Dark Paladins" and they shouldn't be compared with druids as they are a complete different lifestyle. And "Light Death Knight"? Never heard of that.
    I was referring to things I have heard that people want, like this post wanting a Dark Paladin. Its silly and doesn't have a base.