Deleted

WW PvP Weapon Choice

Hi all,

I've recently started to do some PvP and gearing up I have noticed that PvP Power has a significant impact on my dps, more so than anything else. I have 496 ilvl PvE gear and do more damage with the 450/458 blue PvP gear.

Currently my weapons are Heroic 2/2 Gara'kal and Normal Claws of Shek'zeer (sha gem +1 socket). I am human so my natural choice would be to go for the maces but I have noticed some classes are dual wielding with the spell power alternative in their offhand for the massive amount of PvP Power it has in comparison to the melee option.

I know monks value weapon dps highly but I have been unable to find any stat weights including PvP Power for me to make an informed decision. Does anyone have any experience with using the spell power in the offhand or have stat weights that will show what is the better option?

Spell Power weapons are getting nerfed in 5.2, and the additional spell power they have compared to a normal weapon is going on to the off hands that casters use. That said, with 5.2 right around the corner, I wouldn't waste conquest points on a spell power weapon, just go with swords or maces. My hunch is that for us they are better anyway.

Deleted
    I wasn't aware of the upcoming nerf, as I have only just started to gear, it will be at least 3 weeks before I can have both weapons and maybe 5 weeks to upgrade them both, so that has pretty much answered my question. Thanks.

Yeah, the specific patch notes from PTR are here:
    Patch Notes

- For casters and healers, PvP Power is now split evenly between main-hand and off-hand in a manner similar to a dual-wield melee class. This change is retroactive, affecting Season 12 Malevolent and Malevolent Elite items. There should be no net change for any character already using a main-hand/off-hand combination.

- PvP caster weapons in Season 13 cost 2250 Conquest Points (was 2500) and shields/off-hands cost 1250 (was 1000), to reflect the increased value of the off-hand slot for classes that use it in this manner. This change is not retroactive and applies only to Season 13 items.