Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

5.2 targeted for Feb. 26!!!

Today, Blizzard announced a 70% sale on all WoW games that ends on Monday, Feb. 25th.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-thunder-king/

Combined with the news about the background downloader starting up, this points to Tuesday, Feb. 26th as the potential release date for 5.2. What do you think?

EDIT: updated with official confirmation from Bashiok.

"Of course we don’t tend to give out patch release dates ahead of time, because things can slip, but right now we’re targeting the last week of February."
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/860...King-2_11_2013
    Last edited by brothernads; 2013-02-11 at 05:09 PM.

I think the sale lasts 2 weeks, that's all there is to it.

I think it's too soon at the rate of raid testing.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    Today, Blizzard announced a 70% sale on all WoW games that ends on Monday, Feb. 25th.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-thunder-king/

Combined with the news about the background downloader starting up, this points to Tuesday, Feb. 26th as the potential release date for 5.2. What do you think?
    Nope. 5.2 will be some time in mid March most likely. This is to get more people into the game and possibly up to speed in time for 5.2 and 1 day would not be nearly enough.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

PTR Thunder King Isle unlocks the last stage on the 22nd. It has to be tested. There's at least a 2 week notice of when we're getting the patch.

Getting the 2 week notice on the 26th does not seem too likely, but if we did, we'd get the patch on March 12th. However, as they need time to get feedback and fix issues with the isle stages, the 2 week notice is most likely for March 5th, meaning the most LOGICAL date for the patch is March 19th, but I wouldn't put it past them to push it back to March 26th to be safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they will prbly be doing Herioc Testing this week and the last LFR zone is unlocked on Febb 22nd. Does everything forget they have been working on this since they started 5.1 ?? An have been working on 5.3 right after 5.1 was released.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

My money is on early march or mid march for release

26th Feb is too soon. Also we're going to get 2 weeks notice (or close to that), according to blue posts.

19th March is the date to watch for~

They aren't going to release it anywhere near heart of the swarm, no way they push 5.2 before April 1.

Yeah I see it as just a irrelevant sale nothing to do with release. but the problem with early/mid march is 12th of march is the release date for heart of the swarm and its not like blizzard to release two of their big games on the same day so i am unsure about when it comes out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thehealbus View Post
    They aren't going to release it anywhere near heart of the swarm, no way they push 5.2 before April 1.

And I hope you're wrong. It would likely murder their subs if they don't add more content soon(tm)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the will.. otherwise they'll be missing thir more and faste relaseschedul too much... I think it'll hit before March 15 unless some ajor technical isues arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Well they will prbly be doing Herioc Testing this week and the last LFR zone is unlocked on Febb 22nd. Does everything forget they have been working on this since they started 5.1 ?? An have been working on 5.3 right after 5.1 was released.
    Afaik all of the LFR was tested last weekend.

You know, I distinctly remember people saying the same thing about releasing Mists at the same time as another certain MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    All LFR bosses has already been tested.

Talk all you want, I'm still saying it's gonna be Feb 26th/27th

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Talk all you want, I'm still saying it's gonna be Feb 26th/27th
    Then they pretty much have to announce it tommorow.
    Last edited by heltvild; 2013-02-11 at 12:55 PM.

Deleted
    Can guarantee that it's not released in February. I mean, 10m N testing took how long? a few weeks at least, 25 man N testing has yet to start, 10 and 25 Heroic will be after 25N.
    And they're not finished tuning LFR. So there's a lot of things to do, at the absolute best, I'd say late march. But probably in April.
    And if it isn't released until then, atleast as a raider I can say it looks to be worth it, from the little I've seen of the instance (about half or so), the raid looks to be pretty massive and the bosses looks pretty cool and with a good variety of type of boss-fights (still only seen about half of them).

If heroic turns out well, this instance might (imo) contest with Ulduar abuot the spot as "best raid ever" (which is a very subjective thing to say I know, but still).
    Last edited by mmoc898f6b28e8; 2013-02-11 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    march 5 is my guess
    otherwise its too soon

Also, Bashiok tweeted this over the weekend, which could be related to the "two-week warning" we're supposed to get.

"I did work! I wrote a thing that's going up Monday morning. Are you excited out of context? Great, me too."

https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/300170732950929408