How long does it take for Blizzard to remove the authenticator from your account?

Hi guys,

About a month ago I had to downgrade the software of my Galaxy S2 back to 2.3.4 (the 4.0.3 was way worst) and I lost my authenticator. I've done the steps on battle.net to remove it from my account (even sent a copy of my Government-issued ID) but they still haven't asnwered or remove the auth.

My question is if there's anybody else who went trought this can tell me does it normally take this long or did I do something wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Minutes, usually. I never had an issue the one time I had to do it, but I did it over the phone.

I had to get one removed last year. They just require valid picture ID, then it'll be done in less than 30 seconds. I got it done over the phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    This won't help you now but may be useful in the future and to other people:

If you have the SMS stuff enabled in your account settings, you can remove the authenticator instantly using passcodes texted to your phone. A friend of mine discovered his first generation keyfob authenticator was dead about five minutes before raid the other night, but was able to quickly and painlessly remove it because he had that set up.

I went and enabled mine immediately. On your account page, it will be on the bottom left. There are two SMS settings links, the bottom one is for text notifications, and the top one is to use this feature.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I used the remove authenticator form on the battle.net account section, was removed within minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I called them on the phone it took maybe 3 mins.

Hi Bono, you should be able to get right through to us if you contact us now. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any difficulties with this.