Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the largest tiers going by number of bosses, yet it will also be one of shortest - especially if we include levelling, Christmas and gating. It's more bosses than Dragon Soul and Firelands taken *together*. Is it really so surprising that some people are complaining?

They're going to need to raid test at a phenomenal rate if they want to get 10 heroic, 25 normal AND 25 heroic fully tested before release - which I doubt they will. My guess is they will skip over 25 normal, which TBH is completely retarded. Why do they feel the need to rush these patches? All they needed was an extra week or two - enough for testing of all difficulties and maybe an open raid week. There is no such thing as too much testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    They're going to need to raid test at a phenomenal rate if they want to get 10 heroic, 25 normal AND 25 heroic fully tested before release - which I doubt they will. My guess is they will skip over 25 normal, which TBH is completely retarded. Why do they feel the need to rush these patches? All they needed was an extra week or two - enough for testing of all difficulties and maybe an open raid week. There is no such thing as too much testing.
    its semi doable to get all the testing done, if they cram 3-4 in per test and nothing goes wrong they can do it, if not then they will delay a week and so forth. They won't skip testing something because they said a date, where they even mentioned it could be moved im pretty sure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Too short. Should be about 2 weeks per boss.

Cata's first tier lasted 29 weeks from Cata launch, with 12 bosses. Firelands lasted 22 weeks, for 7 bosses, without the start-of-expansion hiatus. Don't understand why we're only getting 22 weeks for 16 bosses now.
    Because 5 months of repetition is enough? Everyone has killed the bosses, seen the encounters. Heroic modes are just there to prolong the life of the current content until actual fresh and new content arrives. The sooner the better. Because it's the same exact boss on steroids, the same exact mechanics with a twist or two. The same thing, different color.

I am kind of surprised people are complaining about faster content releases now. That's ridiculous. Repetition is bad and burns people out, new content is good and keeps things fresh. Heroic modes are no substitute for actual new content. I would be happy if they tuned normal mode difficulty a bit up and then release a new raid every 3 or 4 months so only the top xxx guilds in the world have to deal with heroic mode to keep their interest.

it feel to soon ...

we had some problems on progress and only 12/16 we really could use couple of more weeks
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too soon for me, but I've been playing casually this expansion. I'm over the current LFR bosses but this still feels rushed in an odd way? I guess it's more Operation: Shieldwall that's making me feel it's too soon than anything.

/shrug. I'll roll with it whenever it comes. Not a big deal to me either way, that's just my initial/basic feelings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    One of the largest tiers going by number of bosses, yet it will also be one of shortest - especially if we include levelling, Christmas and gating. It's more bosses than Dragon Soul and Firelands taken *together*. Is it really so surprising that some people are complaining?
    It's surprising to me people are complaining they cant raid the same content they did for months already even longer.
    If it were up to me heroic modes would be for absolute hardcore guilds only to keep them interested. Everyone else would be busy with (more difficult) normal modes and got a new raid every 3 or 4 months :-)

in a perfect world (of warcraft)...

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    The lesser guilds will get a 10% buff to help them clear T14. They'll then be able to overcome their progression walls.
    also this!

It's not like new content means the old content disappears. Just go back, if you want to do it legit just dont use any new gear and dont activate the buff.

This is the best of both worlds, players who want to do something new can play the new raid, players who want to keep doing the old stuff can do that for another couple of months and I am pretty sure the next content patch is going to take well over 5 months so there is no hurry.
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2013-02-12 at 01:12 AM.

I'm impartial. On one hand, it doesn't seem that we've been in this tier all *that* long for the amount of bosses there are, not to mention the gated content that delayed HoF and ToES. I would like to progress deeper into heroics but I know quite well my guild will be lucky to be 9/16 Heroic before 5.2 hits because we are carrying some players that shouldn't be within 100 miles of heroic content with absolutely no way to replace them without progressing much further whilst still carrying them. So, in that regard, I'm ready for a fresh start, and ToT looks pretty awesome from what I've seen and I don't mind the change of scenery. All in all, I'm ready to move on in two weeks regardless.

Well I wouldn't have minded another 1-2 months free because of some incoming projects at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    It's not like new content means the old content disappears. Just go back, if you want to do it legit just dont use any new gear and dont activate the buff.

This is the best of both worlds, players who want to do something new can play the new raid, players who want to keep doing the old stuff can do that for another couple of months and I am pretty sure the next content patch is going to take well over 5 months so there is no hurry.
    To be fair though this is quite unlikely to work after two full addons.

People whined about wanting content faster, now people are whining that it's too soon. Blizzard can't win it seems. lol. Personally though, it does seem a little too soon. Then again, it's already been almost 5 months since the release of Mists, so it doesn't seem that bad when you look at it that way.

I think its good timing. With Lfr being around everyone gets to see the content one way or another. Even though some people might not have totally cleared normal mode, It doesn't matter so much because all the content is the same (just harder).

Also, due to pvp balance issues 5.2 can't come fast enough.

Based on current progression numbers, this is going to be the least completed tier on heroic, by far, since the current content model was implemented. It's pretty obvious why Blizzard is doing it - subscriber numbers dropped and they're worried the LFR-only players will get bored - but they're leaving a lot of guilds hanging. Plenty of guilds haven't hit any brick walls and are chugging through the content at at their usual rate, but aren't going to finish this tier.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    People whined about wanting content faster, now people are whining that it's too soon. Blizzard can't win it seems. lol. Personally though, it does seem a little too soon. Then again, it's already been almost 5 months since the release of Mists, so it doesn't seem that bad when you look at it that way.
    I'll tell you a secret. Last two raid tiers had 7 and 8 bosses. Taken together, that's less than T14. There's quite a bit of difference when "whining" about 7 bosses lasting for 6 months - or 8 for 12 - and 16 for just five.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The irony in these posts are comical given what people were saying during Cata. I mean I know Cata gave us less bosses in a longer time, but seriously, the community is never satisfied. Not being much of a raider (guild is pretty dead right now)/ more casual raider, I am fine with this. I know its not the same for everyone though.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You heartless bastards Blizzard I just got my third 90 to LFR level recently, and haven't even got all my sigils yet. I was so hoping to get a bunch of my 6 weeks of hard time (capping valor at 1000 in order to complete lvl 2 of the legendary quest chain) started and well into it before the patch launched. So now I'll be doing lvl 2 for at least the first month of the expansion. Nice! Nice!

I'll live, but those retched tier pieces and sha touched weapons from HoF and ToES had better start dropping with your "greatly increased" drop rate! Then I may forgive you!

Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    Based on current progression numbers, this is going to be the least completed tier on heroic, by far, since the current content model was implemented. It's pretty obvious why Blizzard is doing it - subscriber numbers dropped and they're worried the LFR-only players will get bored - but they're leaving a lot of guilds hanging. Plenty of guilds haven't hit any brick walls and are chugging through the content at at their usual rate, but aren't going to finish this tier.
    Can you really blame them for that? Like has been said many times. Only a very, very, very, very, very, very, VERY, VERY, VERY tiny percent of the WoW population ever goes beyond LFR. Why in the world should the game cater at all to those people? It already placates them way too damned much as it is for being such a tiny minority, which makes zero god damned sense.

Deleted
    I am not surprised to see people say too soon given the community's ability to whine about absolutely anything.
    I have to admit I was shocked that it was so soon. Pleasantly. kind of, would have liked more time to get my legendary Q done on my alt which became my new main

oh well no biggy, im sure ill catch up in the gap between tiers this time around

I think most people feel it's too soon because almost everyone was sure it would be released early or mid-March at the earliest, and most likely mid-to-late March, possibly even first week of April. End of February is so much sooner than that. It's a big deal because when you're talking about a 4 week interval, 2 weeks is literally cutting that in half.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    I think most people feel it's too soon because almost everyone was sure it would be released early or mid-March at the earliest, and most likely mid-to-late March, possibly even first week of April. End of February is so much sooner than that. It's a big deal because when you're talking about a 4 week interval, 2 weeks is literally cutting that in half.
    It's not Blizzards fault people were expecting a later release with no facts to back it up. I've been saying 5.2 will come out on the 26th at the earliest and the 5th at the latest.

I don't particluarly mind, although it means chances I get my heroic tier token (FU 8 healer fights, alts reign supreme) is that much lower, and we'll only get 3-4 heroic elite protector kills :s.
    I do however not see it happening. Consider that their "daily hub" island schedule is set to:
    Active – PTR set to stage 0. The Sunreavers and Kirin-Tor will besiege the island from offshore.
    Feb 8 – PTR set to Stage 1. You’ll be able to conquer a foothold on the island itself.
    Feb 12– PTR set to stage 2. With your help, Jaina and Lor’themar will blast the walls and infiltrate the outer city.
    Feb 15– PTR set to stage 3. Daring players can infiltrate the mines and blast open the doors to the Thunder Forge.
    Feb 19 – PTR set to stage 4. Block further Zandalari reinforcements by overtaking the shipyard.
    Feb 22 – PTR set to stage 5. Fight your way to the Thunder King’s front door! Jaina and Lor’themar will have a ... reckoning.

you will see that they have an average of 3 days between each stage. That means that by the 25th, the daily stages will only just have finished. They then have to get the patch ready and shipped within a day of the testing finishing.
    Add on top of this that they're missing almost every single heroic boss (they JUST started rolling out the 10 mans, but I'm 90% sure they're still missing some normal mode encounter tests in 10 man, too? Correct me if wrong), and every single 25 man version, and they have to get the patch shipped in 14 days... Nope. Not gonna happen. Maybe the first or second week of march, but the 26th is too unlikely.