Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Taken from the valor post:

"If you’ve already made plans and sank your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)"

1000 valor per week means 3 weeks in order to cap. It looks like we have an extra 7 days (at least) before the patch is released. Good news for us. Heroic Protectors and Heroic Tsulong should die this week, leaving us with roughly 6 to 7 lockouts to get the big baddie dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    That is not possible before 26th. Therefore they won't launch 5.2 until March.
    Actually, it was possible at the time of the posting of the blog. Capping that week, capping this week, and capping next week. That's 3 weeks worth of points, AKA 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Last tier they did all there 25 and heroic testing in 2 weeks. Doing 4 day a week testing of 3-4 bosses a day. They can do it again. The hardcore players who are the only ones who really test 25 on ptr will show up. Not really hard to do.
    As a result, many bosses ended up with bugs, exploits, unintended cheese strats, or significant oversights =(

Garajal - Reset exploit, 10man getting gibbed by add AI
    Spirit Kings - Resetting for a certain order (not MC guy 2nd)
    Elegon - Energy Charges not doing AOE when they died
    Will - RoF strat
    Vizier - 2nd Echo removal and needing to reset if he went left, some claim invisible rings
    Blade Lord - Outranging the tornado train in P2 by running across the room before 20%
    Garalon - Cleave double dipping, boss randomly despawning
    Amber-Shaper - P1 Zerg Strat + 100x Combust on Monstrosity, and being able to keep stacks rolling on Unsok in P2 was unintended
    Empress - Needing to bring 8 healers, damage had to be hotfixed down
    Protectors - Not encounter related, but you could coin heroic elite loot week 1 that never got removed, and the elite version had bugged damage on subsequent attempts
    Tsulong - 4pc Druid DS set bonus exploit, (something with pets too I heard?)
    Lei Shi - Flare breaking Get Away Exploit
    Heroic Sha - Not encounter related, but an AVR-like addon for this boss, but I'm glad it exists lol

I loved this tier, really did, one of the best, but it needed more testing.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-02-13 at 08:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    a have a question: should I cap Valor Points or first upgrade my trinket to 2/2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Top guilds got something to do, other guilds got something to work forward to and more to do once they get their. In addition they get help from the new gear to do the latest Ilevels, if you didn't kill it by now than sorry you simply weren't fast enough so stop getting worked over a ranking that doesn't really matter at your level.

Only "bad" if you can even call it a bad thing, is the difference in progress between type of guilds being greater but that's just going to be an extension of your current situation anyhow.

The raid will without a doubt be released in waves, So it's like Totc >> ICC. You're still going to be running the current tier.

It's not Rift where you get bombarded with things to do so much that every month is an unique/rare item farm, more content at this phase is good and would've cheered for it back in WoTLK. Also do we know what the next patch will bring?

Put things in perspective and this is good for everyone, The long stagnant periods was always the time you lost your arena partners, raid buddies and so on that period is now being cut short.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The raid will without a doubt be released in waves, So it's like Totc >> ICC. You're still going to be running the current tier.
    Blue Post: As the 5.2 raid Throne of Thunder is one continuous, sprawling dungeon, each difficulty will open in its entirety once unlocked. Normal difficulty will be available the first week, then Heroic the week after.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Actually, it was possible at the time of the posting of the blog. Capping that week, capping this week, and capping next week. That's 3 weeks worth of points, AKA 3000.
    Ehh, no....

Even if you play on EU servers and look at the posting time of the US announcement it would not be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Even if you play on EU servers and look at the posting time of the US announcement it would not be possible.
    How so? It was posted Monday afternoon. If you hadn't played at all that week, it might take quite a bit of work to cap, but even then it wasn't totally impossible. And if you had played that week, putting in a few extra hours to reach the cap wouldn't be all that hard. So I honestly don't see the problem with the wording.

How so? It was posted Monday afternoon. If you hadn't played at all that week, it might take quite a bit of work to cap, but even then it wasn't totally impossible. And if you had played that week, putting in a few extra hours to reach the cap wouldn't be all that hard. So I honestly don't see the problem with the wording.
    Monday afternoon? The US announcment was posted 6 hours ago: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7909111142, and the EU 1 hour ago: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ep-your-valor/

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    a have a question: should I cap Valor Points or first upgrade my trinket to 2/2?
    What Trinket? SInce there will be no upgrades until at least 5.3 - if it's something you are going to be hanging on to, then upgrade it now while you can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post
    Not everyone has to have cleared the current heroic content before 5.2
    Agreed. While comparing yourself to top guilds is silly, it should be a motivation for the guilds that are slightly behind the average progress - or just slightly behind their own goals. As I understood it, they wanted to change raiding from "new raid out, anyone can instantly gear for it and enter it" to progressing through MSV, HoF and ToEs in your own pace, while obtaining gear from the older raid instances will be quicker. With that in mind, I think it's a good thing that not everyone (with the desire to do so) has killed Sha of Fear HC yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    As predicted in Cata: in Cata people cried about Tiers lasting to long now they cry about Tiers being to short....
    There is a good reason though. History has shown us the the final tier of all expansions has lasted way to long, and as I've said before, I'd much rather spend an extra one month per tier, then an extra three months in the final tier.

Deleted
    he said it was a suggested date not a confirmed get some glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Monday afternoon? The US announcment was posted 6 hours ago: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7909111142, and the EU 1 hour ago: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ep-your-valor/
    The original post was not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    To my mind, it's been 4 months for raiders to have time to kill things. More time *isn't* needed, if you haven't done it by now, it's unlikely you would in a few extra weeks.
    Just my thoughts.

Am happy the patch is coming soon, new content is always welcome
    wasn't it a month before heroic terrace was even available?
    1st week of mop = no raids
    2 = msv
    3 = hof + hmsv
    4 = terrace + h hof
    5 = h terrace

that sound right?
    which means even hc guilds have had only 12 lockouts to get their members bis heroic gear, add in upgrades with 5.2 and what... only 2 months for full bis?
    that does seem short to me, maybe a few members of said 1% guilds would even have full bis by now.

i see no reason to extend it about a month so mid guilds can play catchup, and topend can play full bis.
    and some guilds haven't even cleared hof / terrace yet, so it lets them complete normal.

why is there even an argument about this? it would benefit everyone except non-raiders.
    and with rep next patch tied to boss kills, the patch itself isn't benefiting non-raiders much except with a few more dailies / mount bone farming...

i really don't see how this is an argument....
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    why is there even an argument about this? it would benefit everyone except non-raiders.
    and with rep next patch tied to boss kills, the patch itself isn't benefiting non-raiders much except with a few more dailies / mount bone farming...

i really don't see how this is an argument....
    Yeah, non-raiders or the guys who are bored with the raiding content already would probably benefit from making the questing/daily/unlocking part of the Isle available soon. Raid could open later. That would be a compromise.

(I really would love to get a few more bosses down, but it all sucks big time right now what with being unable to try bosses with good setups. I want computers to be not broken, and I want people to not run their cars over my raiding buddies! *crycry* Fate hates my guild in 2013, it seems.)

The problem for me is that, while we're not done with the raiding (7 hc down), outside of raiding there's nothing to do. And that includes leveling an alt and having that one hit revered with all faction and fully LFR/valor geared. And it's not just me, the guild is completely empty on non-raiding days.

If there had been 13-14 bosses instead of 16 it would probably been exactly the right time to release the next tier now. Either that or they should have released some more non-raiding activities in 5.1 and prolonged this patch another month.

The original post was not.
    This is the original post. Please provide a link if I am wrong.
    Additionally, even if they posted it monday, I could already could have earned my 1000 valor points for this week already prior to monday, and spent them before the announcement. Then it also would not be possible to cap them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    The problem for me is that, while we're not done with the raiding (7 hc down), outside of raiding there's nothing to do. And that includes leveling an alt and having that one hit revered with all faction and fully LFR/valor geared. And it's not just me, the guild is completely empty on non-raiding days.
    *hug* That sucks. I'm so glad I'm in a small but very lively little guild. We're barely 20 people but half of them is always on Teamspeak - well at least in the evenings when everyone's home from work. And on non-raiding days, we do our daily heroics together or do a bunch of dailies to cap our alts, or we PvP together, or we just babble away while everyone is minding their own business like levelling another little alt just for fun or pet battles or working on all sorts of other achievements.

And... when someone feels like not doing any of that stuff, they say bye and do some stuff in the real world ^^