Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    So - PvP Season End 05.03.

what does that mean for 5.2 release?
    It means thats the release day for 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    or 1 week later than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    As predicted in Cata: in Cata people cried about Tiers lasting to long now they cry about Tiers being to short....
    Ice is too cold, steam too hot - we just wanted some water to swim in.

We just found 2 months way too short for 16 bosses.

Honestly, would have preferred an extra two weeks really. I mean, wowprogress reports that only 519 guilds have finished this tier on heroic, I think the the best time to release the next tier is when that number reaches closer to 1000.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    Blue Post said 2 weeks after the end of the pvp season I thought?

You know guys just because your haven't finished A doesn't mean you have to move to B.

Wasn't that the glorious TBC idea ? I never saw SWP. But was happy getting to MH ?

As the Panda's Say Sloooooow Down :3 With how ToT is shaping up i doubt will be sick of it.

I wonder what the next content patch will be after ? More story ??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Honestly, would have preferred an extra two weeks really. I mean, wowprogress reports that only 519 guilds have finished this tier on heroic, I think the the best time to release the next tier is when that number reaches closer to 1000.
    Does it really make any difference?

Not trying to be rude or anything but I just can't see why you've picked 1,000 over 1,500? or 2,000.

Ohhh actually I get it:

MSV(H) Clear, HoF(H) Clear, 3/4 ToES(H) Working on Sha of Fear from your signature

You want more time to clear the current content while it's current

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Does it really make any difference?

Not trying to be rude or anything but I just can't see why you've picked 1,000 over 1,500? or 2,000.

Ohhh actually I get it:

MSV(H) Clear, HoF(H) Clear, 3/4 ToES(H) Working on Sha of Fear from your signature

You want more time to clear the current content while it's current
    No, you're assuming. Couple of points:

We're close to a kill, it will die next reset most likely;
    I'm not even going to be in the sha of fear kill, it makes no difference to me.

So you can wipe that condescending smiley off your post, thank you. I simply believe that moving tiers when ~1% of the playerbase has finished the content isn't ideal, I think 3-5% makes more sense but holds on to the prestige of getting it done current.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted

So you can wipe that condescending smiley off your post, thank you. I simply believe that moving tiers when ~1% of the playerbase has finished the content isn't ideal, I think 3-5% makes more sense but holds on to the prestige of getting it done current.
    hey brah, what you whining about? Heroic raiders haven't been the target audience of this game since WotLK, patches now are getting released just about when LFR babbies get bored with tagging and afking every week of the current tier and want new RAID FINDER EPICS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Too short, we're a casual guild
    I'm glad they aren't releasing content around casual guilds.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Well, 413 H Sha kills aren't too much.
    Heroic.Is.Not.The.Standard.

How many times does this need to be said? Normal is the standard for raiding progress, heroics are for people who want more challenge. If we waited around for everyone to beat heroic before moving on, we would still be waiting for Firelands to launch.

Quote Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
    Blue Post said 2 weeks after the end of the pvp season I thought?
    Exactly.

As far as my memory serves me, the end of a PvP season heralds a two-week countdown until the next major Patch / Tier. The current season coming to an end on the 6th of March (EU) means that the Patch 5.2 should land on the 20th March (EU) if this is still the case.

The reason for this, is those two weeks are the times in which the PvP Rewards are calculated and awarded. When Patch 5.2 hits, the new season will begin and people will start climbing the ladder. Without those two weeks, it'll be hard for Blizzard to ensure the right people get the right rewards.

On the subject of it coming "too soon", I don't feel it is, as long as this pace is maintained. I've said it before, and i'll say it again. I'd much rather have 1 extra month per tier, then to have an extra 3 - 4 months in the final tier, like we've experienced in Dragon Soul & Icecrown Citadel. If Blizzard maintains this pace for each tier, I see no issues, but I'll be pissed if this content comes to a close this soon, and we then sit around in another boring end-of-expansion lull.
    Last edited by Hyve; 2013-02-20 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted

it's just a smiley, it's there to imply 'fun' because honestly 1,000 or 1% or 3% or 5% are just arbitrary lines in the sand drawn by you for whatever reasons you have...

If it's not for your progress (or even if it is...) it doesn't bother me, which is why I can't see 'sense' in it being held back from everyone while we wait for people most people don't care about to finish content most people don't care about....

Again, none of this is a dig at you (hence the smiley) I just can't see why you've drawn the line where you have.

Seems about right and probably what they'll aim for, they said in their Q4 investment call they're aiming for faster patches to curb subscription drop off.

only reason we havent finished hof yet is the lack of raiders on our realm. we are currently 5/6 but we have been looking for a healer and dps for almost a month now. No responce at all. If we had the last members we would have cleared most of the heroics by now. We have the skills. Just not the last members. Impossible to find raiders for the guild. And finding pugs is even worse

Even semi core guilds should be able to clear t14 normal. It wasnt exactly hard. So timing of the new patch is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    only reason we havent finished hof yet is the lack of raiders on our realm. we are currently 5/6 but we have been looking for a healer and dps for almost a month now. No responce at all. If we had the last members we would have cleared most of the heroics by now. We have the skills. Just not the last members. Impossible to find raiders for the guild. And finding pugs is even worse

Even semi core guilds should be able to clear t14 normal. It wasnt exactly hard. So timing of the new patch is perfect.
    The guild I recently joined moved to our server as theirs was very low population. We managed to get Sha (Normal) last reset, so we're happy we're getting the Feats of Strength, and we've got a good enough team now due to the higher population of the server, to go forward in Patch 5.2 and start clearing Normal Modes.

I'm thankful the patch is coming this soon, but sadly I am lacking a little bit of gear. I've been farming endlessly as much as I can and still none of the drops I wanted from Normal or Looking for Raid. I just hope I have more luck in TotTK LFR.

Deleted
    They said the next season starts one week after this one ends. That the new seaon is able to start you need the new gear, so you need the patch. The patch will come maximum 7 days after the season ends.

Deleted
    Just finished T14 normal with my guild. It could've been a few weeks later progress wise, but for stuff to do outside raiding the time is right.

My guild just finished heroics including elite protectors last week (sha 2 weeks earlier) which gives us about a months worth of farm time before the new patch hits. I would say that the patch is spot on for us. It gives us enough time for last minute tweeks to our roster and hopefully get those last few drops that individuals need.