Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Oondasta targeted at heroic raiders only

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    It may be worth noting though that one of the world bosses, Oondasta, is intended to be crazy-difficult. If you’re not in an organized Heroic-level raid group and teaming up with other Heroic-level raid groups, you’re going to want to stick to the other world boss
    What do you think about this?

In principle it sounds good but I think Blizzard are making a big mistake in targeting this boss for heroic raiders. Many people's PCs have a very hard time handling the world bosses due to so many players on screen; FPS drops so low that it would become almost impossible to survive any difficult raid encounter (imagine Heroic Grand Vizier Zor'lok with 8 FPS). Having no limit on how many can tag it will also dramatically increase the amount of people, making the FPS problems even worse. You could literally have 200+ people all crammed into this small area.

Also being as difficult as this it becomes a pardise for griefers who will delight in making sure that nobody manages to kill it.

However there's one huge issue - the new tag system: Anyone can just come along, hit the boss once and will be eligible for loot. What's the point in making it so hard when anybody can get heroic loot with less effort than the Sha of Anger? What we'll end up seeing is hundreds of average players "piggybacking" with these heroic groups and getting loot.

Whatever happens I think Blizzard will ultimately just end up nerfing it. It's only going to cause a whole mess of problems.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-02-12 at 01:33 AM.

All I can picture from this is a zerg rush.

They'll be stubborn idiots at first then recant and nerf him. Some servers are too small to even have heroic raid groups, let alone multiple of them to organize with

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    They'll be stubborn idiots at first then recant and nerf him. Some servers are too small to even have heroic raid groups, let alone multiple of them to organize with
    Some servers can't get 10 ppl at max level ? Because a heroic raid group only requires 10 people...

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be nerfed to being available to everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will just wait until one of the better guilds on my server come along and tag it then.

I doubt it's gonna get nerfed before 5.4. The change to Galleon's spawn time doesn't come until his tier is outdated. I suspect the same will happen to Oondasta.

Unless the amount of people hitting the boss is capped it will go down for everyone because people will just keep bringing more people until the boss cannot stand under the pressure of so many players regardless of mechanics. That or the server will crash due to too many players and blizzard will have to rethink the boss.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-02-11 at 07:03 PM.

It'll get nerfed, let's be honest here lol

They make all world bosses faction tag then say this?

Does not compute.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

Does not compute.
    Yeaaaah, my thoughts. So basically....big fancy raid team tags it and does the work, and I can profit? Woot. ;D

I am a raider in the only raid group on my server that is raiding heroic content at the moment. I can't see our server ever downing this boss if it is truly that difficult.

I just cant wait when the servers will start to go down on high pop when somone screams ondasta spawned and half of the server will rush to tag it - since its fraction tag as other boss - or did i miss something that it isnt ? ....

Well, it's faction tap, good servers will know when their top guild is going to do it, so they can tag along.

10+ Year Old Account
    all those ppl on dead realms will be soo happy about this... like on my previous realm there are maybe 2 guilds doing 10 man content on whole realm , no 25's at all ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

Does not compute.
    To everyone saying stuff like this: 200 people can't just zerg every boss on the planet down. There could be mechanics in place that just wipe out huge numbers of people at once, targeted aoes for example.

Imagine 200 people going up against a hard mode (and tuned as a 90 world boss) Iron Council for example. Steelbreaker gets 20% health back and a 25% stacking damage bonus (and size increase of some amount) for each player he kills. Without enough healers to heal 200 players, you're looking at a fight that will devolve very quickly into an colossal iron giant rampaging about and dispensing great misery upon any players who were foolish enough to fire off a cast. Too many players would ensure such a boss would become unkillable very quickly.

I'm not saying Oondasta will have identical mechanics obviously, but the people who design encounters aren't stupid, and contrary to popular belief, they don't have less foresight about their own encounters than your average forum poster. It's not impossible, not even remotely difficult, to make a boss non-zergable.

Yes, you can still have a scenario where a good group's victory seems imminent and players stampede forward to tag, but even for that scenario you would need a group that's capable of taking him down to start with.

It doesn't seem to make much sense for a world boss if it is indeed that hard. Sometimes I feel like they just throw a bunch of ideas at the wall and see what sticks without thinking about it beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    It doesn't seem to make much sense for a world boss if it is indeed that hard. Sometimes I feel like they just throw a bunch of ideas at the wall and see what sticks without thinking about it beforehand.
    What about it doesn't make sense? The fact that not everyone will be able to kill it?

I'm not one of those players who demands that I be granted challenges and game stuff that other people are excluded from, but I'm also not one who thinks everything should have to be dumbed down to my arbitrary level, so I for one don't see how this is a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is a great idea. 40 man heroic level "raid boss" with PvP potential seems overkill for a world boss. I can see it being "raid" level, meaning like some actual orginization, but this seems overkill. Not to mention small pop servers who might not even have 40 raiders in one faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    BLIZZARD WE WANT MORE CHALLENGES

-Blizzard creates a challenge

BLIZZARD WUT R YOU TINKING?

This is how a grand portion of the PvE community sounds like.