Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    There's one huge problem.
    Having the top guilds on your realm do all the work for you, while you run along and claim the same reward as they, simply isn't fair.
    People whined how they can never get a shot at galeon at all and even if they spoted it other groups migth have taged it first so blizzard found solution -_-

Having the top guilds on your realm do all the work for you, while you run along and claim the same reward as they, simply isn't fair.
    Blizzard is in a no-win situation here.

They want to make something challenging, but they also want to make it so you are HAPPY to see other players in the area, not angry (aka the Fatty Goat Steak effect). They also NEED to have players see content in significant numbers, or the accountants start scrapping underused features, and accountants > devs.

They added faction tagging so that players will have a "the more the merrier" mindset. But this means you can overwhelm challenging bosses through sheer numbers.
    They crank up the difficulty of the boss, but if they make it too difficult, the average player will not be able to meaningfully contribute. This means that, no matter how much they may want to help, they can only leech since being helpful has been placed out of their reach.
    Last edited by Darmalus; 2013-02-12 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    Not seeing how it matters if low pop realms don't kill it

Deleted
    That Spitefire beam will destroy so many people. Can't wait.

This is how the old world bosses were, and how they should be.

The problem with Galleon? There was no challenge. Any rinky dink group could get the tag and kill him. You didn't need coordination, you just needed to hit him first. If it required a real group of attentive players, then there would be a chance you could wipe, and another group may steal it. But that threat wasn't there.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    They also NEED to have players see content in significant numbers, or the accountants start scrapping underused features, and accountants > devs.
    This is also a horrible mindset. Heroic raiding in general isn't anything anyone does in significant numbers, why does it still exist? Every piece of content does not have to be 100% universally digestible by every player in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    T Heroic raiding in general isn't anything anyone does in significant numbers, why does it still exist?
    Excellent question, especially when the ilvl inflation it introduces causes PvP gear itemization headaches.

I suspect it's added because some powerful people at Blizzard have an irrational attachment to the design philosophy behind it (I suspect Morhaime). Its presence is, I think, conclusive evidence that the "Activision and Kotick are destroying WoW" people are completely wrong.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Can't say it bothers me. I've yet to see my faction kill Galleon, I'm perfectly fine with Troll-rex being the same, it's a world boss - let it do it's own thing. If you can't a) zero GY rush it with faction tapping, b) round up enough people good enough to kill it, then deal with not being able to loot it, just like not every player will loot Heroic Sha gear. There's plenty of content that's easy enough to do, let there be a few bits that are hard for a while - it'll probably be nerfed down before the expansions over.

Honestly, I'm totally fine with world bosses being that way. Provided the people doing the work still get their reward, I don't mind the people scavenging the kill getting theirs either - it's naive to pretend everyone in a Sha / Galleon / LFR kill performs at an even level.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-02-12 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    This is also a horrible mindset. Heroic raiding in general isn't anything anyone does in significant numbers, why does it still exist? Every piece of content does not have to be 100% universally digestible by every player in the game.
    Because LFR brought in enough fresh bodies the devs could make the normal and heroic modes without the accountants saying NO. Accountants aren't usually artists (I've met a few exceptions) but they can crunch numbers and tell when an artist is wasting time and money.

GC is not some absolute dictator. You can bet anytime a new feature is added, there were multiple meetings where GC, his team, artists, accountants, lawyers, salespeople, etc. all sat down and talked it out (maybe not all of them at once). I wouldn't be surprised if the justification for normal and heroic raids, as well as stuff like 5 man challenge modes, were justified by arguments that combined player psychology, sunk costs (its not like you have to make new art for hard modes), and other factors that wouldn't even occur to me.
    Last edited by Darmalus; 2013-02-12 at 10:29 PM.

Another kick in the nutz for low pop servers got to love it.

Boss sounds fun but like many others have said this is being done wrong in a lot of ways. I give it a month after its release it gets nerfed due to barely 1% of the wow pop killing it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm on a low-pop server, and I don't care. Why? Because I can just go kill the other one until I outgear this one some time down the road.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Another kick in the nutz for low pop servers got to love it.

Boss sounds fun but like many others have said this is being done wrong in a lot of ways. I give it a month after its release it gets nerfed due to barely 1% of the wow pop killing it.
    How is this "wrong"? You need a big group of good geared and skilled players to kill him, unlike with Gaellon and Sha where it is near impossible to even wipe.

Deleted
    But that's - most likely - exactly how it will be if the new 'tag to faction'-mechanics apply here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post
    How is this "wrong"? You need a big group of good geared and skilled players to kill him, unlike with Gaellon and Sha where it is near impossible to even wipe.
    You can wipe on both Gaellon and Sha. To even prove my point on it did sha about a hr ago nearly wiped due to people not paying attion and tanks not getting add's.

I got no problem with a boss being hard but this is a world boss and the way its setup there is a ton of things that can go wrong with it.

Like people have said with its current setup if need be 200 people will go and kill it.

But like I said as well on small pop servers there is a high change none of them will ever get the kill due to the fact of how small there server is.

So yes this is a kick in the nutz for small servers who can barely get 40 people together to do sha.

Me personally this isn't tbc world boss's should be fun to fight without being a mind fuck like this one is going to be. If you want a challenge heroic raiders have heroic mode and even now a boss/achevement that is heroic only along with a 5.2 only achievement.

But to be clear it isn't how hard this boss will be that will be a mind fuck its how its setup.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-02-12 at 10:46 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well, people did complain that WoW is too easy, didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Well, people did complain that WoW is too easy, didn't they?
    I know of no evidence that any significant number of people complained WoW was too easy.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I know of no evidence that any significant number of people complained WoW was too easy.
    Well, the number may not be significant, but they sure are loud lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    That's what I don't get, he drops normal 522 gear.
    Because iLvl 522 items still have a higher iLvl than any T14 heroic items (509, 516 if you count the few heroic elite items)

Unless people are really thinking that Oondasta is targetted to players with heroic T15 gear.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

There's two world bosses. In fact, the other one, Nalak (sp?), is the one that drops tier gear. Nalak is the equal opportunity, anyone can run in and tag it and kill it boss. Oondasta is the hard one that requires good coordinated play and will incur wipes.

Why make Oondasta as easy as Nalak? That would just be redundant.

Also, don't think he'll be able to be zerged. Too many insta-kill mechanics and that long silence will be too much.

Sorry but nothing is hard when you give faction wide tagging, especially on a server like Stormscale or Draenor EU, where theres 10,000+ horde and 0 alliance.

Unless it immediately kills everyone in combat when more than 100 people hit it, it wont be hard at all lol

Quote Originally Posted by darkone238 View Post
    Venture Co?
    Lighteninghoof - assuming 11 people per ten man raid group, there are 44 alliance who have killed H Stoneguard. Assuming that the world boss is targeted for a 40 man raid group, we need pretty much every raider on the server of our faction... that sounds... not terribly possible.