Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrabee View Post
    Because back then epics weren't given away by some vendor and you couldn't farm valor points for in dungeons and recieve epic loot lulz

Back in the old days epic were epics

Now epics are as common as blues were back then.

(I remember waking up at fucking 3Am on weekend just to kill those dragons and it took HOURS to do it compared to now)

WoW is now known as WoC

World of Casualcraft
    News flash incase you missed the memo.

World of Warcraft has always been casual that was one of its major selling points even getting epic's back in Orginal/BC its was more casual due to the simple fact Orginal/BC was 10x easy'er to get epic's then other mmorpgs like everquest.

O wow you farmed a world boss or raid in Original/BC and got a epic after a few weeks "maybe a month"

Try playing Everquest where you didn't get a epic in the first year playing and you had to do a long ass quest chain that took months if not a year or 2 to finish.

So tired of people like you coming into thread pulling out the "World Of Casualcraft" when it is a fact WOW has always been casual.

MMMM what is easy'er a 40/25/10 man raid with ventrilo and masterloot or a 200man raid where you had to type everything out.

Or wait 3 days because a guild beat you to killing a raid boss and another guild mite even beat you to that reset.

Please take the Casual crap somewhere else.

Ontopic: Like I already said I feel this boss is being done wrong in a lot of ways and I personally see a few server crashs on day one of the 5.2 patch because people are going to try to zerg the hell out of it.

I personally feel they need to keep the heroic raid style boss's in a instance for the heroic raiders.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-02-15 at 10:40 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Because back then epics weren't given away by some vendor and you couldn't farm valor points for in dungeons and recieve epic loot lulz

Back in the old days epic were epics

Now epics are as common as blues were back then.

(I remember waking up at fucking 3Am on weekend just to kill those dragons and it took HOURS to do it compared to now)

WoW is now known as WoC

World of Casualcraft
    I remember when I was a kid, my friend cleared street fighter on 1 star difficulty. I did it on SEVEN stars and got the EXACT SAME ending as a reward. I sent a dozen angry letters to Capcom about the unfairness but they never replied. Ever since then I've called it:

Street Casualighter

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    News flash incase you missed the memo.

World of Warcraft has always been casual that was one of its major selling points even getting epic's back in Orginal/BC its was more casual due to the simple fact Orginal/BC was 10x easy'er to get epic's then other mmorpgs like everquest.

O wow you farmed a world boss or raid in Original/BC and got a epic after a few weeks "maybe a month"

Try playing Everquest where you didn't get a epic in the first year playing and you had to do a long ass quest chain that took months if not a year or 2 to finish.

So tired of people like you coming into thread pulling out the "World Of Casualcraft" when it is a fact WOW has always been casual.

MMMM what is easy'er a 40/25/10 man raid with ventrilo and masterloot or a 200man raid where you had to type everything out.

Or wait 3 days because a guild beat you to killing a raid boss and another guild mite even beat you to that reset.

Please take the Casual crap somewhere else.
    Oh the memories, I still remember my first Plane of Fear raid.

70 people all being directed via chat, fun shit. People didn't listen and trained the group, wipefest, had to wait 7 hours to get my corpse when we were bailed out by another raid team.

I agree though, WoW wasn't difficult or hardcore during vanilla it was just a young MMO that had some bad shitty aspects that have evolved over the course of time. Having epics was rare, but really this was due to 40 player raid design more than anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to wait until some awesome guild engages, then I'll tag him and die, wait for loot rolls to go out, then release and run back. Problem solved.

sounds good.

if anyone remembers the old emerald dragon world bosses (and others - the TBC ones?), when you died once, you'd get a 10 min debuff meaning you couldn't really take part in the encounter any more (ie the raid couldnt just infinitely die and corpse run and collect their free loot). i'd like to see something like that come back.

also, if you have the debuff = not eligible for loot. please.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Oh the memories, I still remember my first Plane of Fear raid.

70 people all being directed via chat, fun shit. People didn't listen and trained the group, wipefest, had to wait 7 hours to get my corpse when we were bailed out by another raid team.

I agree though, WoW wasn't difficult or hardcore during vanilla it was just a young MMO that had some bad shitty aspects that have evolved over the course of time. Having epics was rare, but really this was due to 40 player raid design more than anything.
    Yep that's why I get tired of people saying ooo wow was hard back in the day and now its casual when in fact it always been casual.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    This was true of all the Vanilla world bosses, but somehow people still managed to kill them. The green dragons were generally only killed by top guilds (heroic-level equivalent). Doomwalker in BC even had a similar chain lightning ability and was in a high traffic area and was killed often. Of course one of the things they added which helped people kill those bosses was a 15 minute debuff if you died that would instantly kill you if you came near the boss again. I'm somewhat surprised there isn't one (I think).
    It wasn't an insta-kill debuff, but it just sort of perma-stunned you. It was to prevent zerg-ing the boss, but it was really annoying when you wanted to pvp to keep the boss -_-

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    It wasn't an insta-kill debuff, but it just sort of perma-stunned you. It was to prevent zerg-ing the boss, but it was really annoying when you wanted to pvp to keep the boss -_-
    You're right. The green dragons' debuff made the sleep last for 2 minutes. Doomwalker's debuff did kill you instantly again however (which is the one I had looked up since I remembered it having a chain lightning).

I think maybe they're hoping they won't need something like that since there's no flying and it's far enough out of the way that stragglers won't stumble upon it and ruin attempts in trying to "help".

Deleted
    Yeah, that might be true - but at least as a DD, they were so stupidly easy to kill...if you weren't a complete idiot, you could've been nearly brain-afk all those hours and still get the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So true.

With tap to faction it doesn't really matter who it's targeted at. Should make it a fun event now instead of having to stop DPS for tag sharing.

People think it will be easy to zerg through him with many people... Perhaps you guys should read the mechanics of the boss before you think so (C'thun style chain lightning, GG).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    People think it will be easy to zerg through him with many people... Perhaps you guys should read the mechanics of the boss before you think so (C'thun style chain lightning, GG).
    Yep this will be hilarious on patch day.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post
    Yep this will be hilarious on patch day.
    Y i bet it will be extremly hillarius for average players when their high popualted server will go down cause everyone iwll rush to try to fraction tag ondasta when it spawns -_-
    Buto n more serius note - o wonder what they plan to do to avoid it ? - limit of tags ? :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I read them. 20 targets max. So it entirely depends on how often he casts the CL (if it isn't <20 sec cd it will be EASILY zerged by 200 people). Also, it will depend on how much space there will be for people to spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    You're right. The green dragons' debuff made the sleep last for 2 minutes. Doomwalker's debuff did kill you instantly again however (which is the one I had looked up since I remembered it having a chain lightning).

I think maybe they're hoping they won't need something like that since there's no flying and it's far enough out of the way that stragglers won't stumble upon it and ruin attempts in trying to "help".
    Ah, yah I didn't do Doomwalker much.

Still, the key failure for Galleon (and I guess Sha, but he respawned enough for it not to matter) was just the lack of challenge. When any random players can pull and kill the boss, there's no preparation or set up. You don't need to call in your guildmates, you don't need to set up tanks and healers and whatnot. You just pull, and smash buttons.

When there's a challenge, it at least means the boss will be untagged for more than 3 seconds, and people who kill him deserve it. Now, this everyone can tag him thing undermines that as well, but that's just another issue altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    I read them. 20 targets max. So it entirely depends on how often he casts the CL (if it isn't <20 sec cd it will be EASILY zerged by 200 people). Also, it will depend on how much space there will be for people to spread.
    Chain Lightning. Also AoE 10 second silence if you're casting. Also giant frontal cone that will probably kill you if you're not supposed to be in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Yeaaaah, my thoughts. So basically....big fancy raid team tags it and does the work, and I can profit? Woot. ;D
    Honestly doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. That way, the non-Heroic raiders can help the Heroic group chip away at Oondasta by zerging it, and everyone gets a little something for participating. Sounds like a good way to build some server camaraderie.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Honestly doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. That way, the non-Heroic raiders can help the Heroic group chip away at Oondasta by zerging it, and everyone gets a little something for participating. Sounds like a good way to build some server camaraderie.
    Sounds cool until you realize that the random players will cause the chain lightning to wipe the raid group repeatedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Sounds cool until you realize that the random players will cause the chain lightning to wipe the raid group repeatedly.
    Yeah, that'll be problematic to start, to be sure.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    It's stupid because of the faction tagging system. My realm is high pop, a lot of good guilds on the server, I can just come along apply a DoT /afk and get rewarded. That is why it's stupid.