Thread: ToT question

ToT question

In the Throne of Thunder, the Normal and Heroic raid bosses have a chance to drop an item with a new Thunderforged designation. (Normal / Heroic) Thunderforged items are 6 item levels higher than their standard counterparts. Bonus rolls can award a Thunderforged item (again, only in Normal and Heroic), so probably the only thing to plan for ahead of time is having Lesser Charms ready and waiting to exchange for Mogu Runes of Fate.

So this means those of us who don't have a regular raid but do run LFR are SOL?

Correct. I don't see how this is a problem.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Heh it's a problem for my main who will won't be able to get any of those items. Not all of us have a reg or heroic raid to be part of. Doesn't mean I still don't want a better item level.

Quote Originally Posted by albar45 View Post
    Heh it's a problem for my main who will won't be able to get any of those items. Not all of us have a reg or heroic raid to be part of. Doesn't mean I still don't want a better item level.
    Well you will still get a better ilvl from ToT in LFR.

Really? It's a perk of actually putting time aside and raiding in an actual raid that takes actual teamwork and thought. LFR is an extremely dumbed down version of the normal raids, the group-finding is done for you, in short it's essentially an alternative to raiding. The stuff it drops is already pretty decent considering, and at that, unlike progression raiding, you don't actually need any gear to progress further. If you want 'better gear' then join a casual raiding guild on your server, it really isn't that big of a commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Really? It's a perk of actually putting time aside and raiding in an actual raid that takes actual teamwork and thought. LFR is an extremely dumbed down version of the normal raids, the group-finding is done for you, in short it's essentially an alternative to raiding. The stuff it drops is already pretty decent considering, and at that, unlike progression raiding, you don't actually need any gear to progress further. If you want 'better gear' then join a casual raiding guild on your server, it really isn't that big of a commitment.
    Agreed. While I'm not really that much of a raider these days, I don't expect the same kind of gear/various available items that normal/heroic raiders would get by doing LFR.

People need to remember the point of LFR is to see the content, not get gear/patterns that are on par quality wise with norm/heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    Agreed. While I'm not really that much of a raider these days, I don't expect the same kind of gear/various available items that normal/heroic raiders would get by doing LFR.

People need to remember the point of LFR is to see the content, not get gear/patterns that are on par quality wise with norm/heroic.
    You... I like you. To be honest I wish LFR didn't drop Tier sets either. LFR has a bit too much reward if you ask me. It was meant for people to see the content and now since the gear is so rewarding with such little effort, my server has actually dropped greatly in raiding because of it.

As for the topic, I don't think the Thunderforged is a great solution to try to incite 25 man raids again, but I also see no problem with it being only to Normal / Heroic.