Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Yeah but at 50% which is our optimal reasonable number, you will have no clashing other than when using LH/ES and SS, at which point you will see your rotation pushed back 0.5 seconds. I mean, it just feels like a design flaw. Nothing game breaking but nothing that should be ignored either. It should be fixed. Current state makes 0 sense. If this was for a pure dps class, you couldn't imagine the amount of QQ threads that would be on forums and this would have been fixed back in beta if it was the same for some mage ability or whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Not talking about that talents themselves, just their GCDs. And Holy Prism scales with haste, the others does not.

Lets say I have 30% haste.

Holy Prism would have a GCD of 1.15 seconds while ES and LH have a GCD of 1.5 seconds regardless of your haste.
    That is an issue when our rotation is based on GCD. ( all our abilities have a cooldown of x GCDs ).
    The clunkiness notwithstanding, could that be intended? Thinking aloud here, but that way, Prism can compete with LH damage-wise, because if we have enough haste such that the 3 extra GCDs (20s cooldown, 3 Prisms for every LH) are shortened, we can fit in at least 3 prisms every 60 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    The clunkiness notwithstanding, could that be intended? Thinking aloud here, but that way, Prism can compete with LH damage-wise, because if we have enough haste such that the 3 extra GCDs (20s cooldown, 3 Prisms for every LH) are shortened, we can fit in at least 3 prisms every 60 seconds.
    I just don't see blizzard going to that extent to make a spell viable.

First off. Blizzard did not intend for the amount of haste stacking we are seeing now.

Second. What would that train of thought have looked like?

"Okay, currently we have one ability being far weaker than the other two except some niche uses. Lets make the other two abilities gcd not scale with haste so that in later tiers when player get more haste this weaker talent will catch up simply because the other two talents do not function well with the other class mechanics"

Thats seems a bit of stretch instead of just, uhm, buffing HP? I mean, if they are worried about prism not being competetive with the other talents, just buff it? That would be the much easier way. HP also scale well with haste as more haste = more free GCDs causing us to have more free GCDs to use HP on. As with the current 20s cooldown, we barely get to use HP every 30 seconds in its current state due to being so low on prio.

I mean, I agree that HP is designed correctly, they should scale with haste. It is LH and ES that should be fixed.

Do you see any benefit whatsoever having it designed as it currently is? That could not be solved in a much easier smoother way?
    Also that this also affect SS is an obvious design overlook.

I think this is just a case of that they designed it badly, but it is not a big enough of an issue to fix it.

That is another question though, is the L90 talents to weak? I mean, our 'best' talents are at the bottom of our prio. Shouldn't those big CDs be something to look forward to? Not something to use as last case scenario filler. I would love to see the L90 talents being right behind CS and J in prio.

I think they should first fix the GCD on LH and ES, and then make something similar to HP generating 1 HP and ES/LH generating 2/3 HP to make them more valuable without making them OP. Feels wrong to prio almost all our fillers over our big 60 sec cds.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-02-12 at 04:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Not talking about that talents themselves, just their GCDs. And Holy Prism scales with haste, the others does not.
    I was under the impression that all three didn't scale with haste. So...that's pretty weird. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    I was under the impression that all three didn't scale with haste. So...that's pretty weird. o.O
    Yeah, firefly found that out some time ago and we went to test it and sure enough, Prism's GCD is affected by haste, but LH and ES are not.

People need to remember that the build on ptr and the in house build aren't the same they do test stuff without the player base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You're casting how many SS in a fight? 12 in a 6 minute fight?
    I am the only one refreshing SS everytime i have more vengeance? that's more, much more then 12 times in 6 minutes...i also have problems with SotR 1.5sec CD, during HA i build holy power faster then i can spend them(few miliseconds have to wait for the SotR to come of CD), not gamebreacking, just enoyng.

Still in love with my prot)

I just connected this to the Q4 2012 Earning Call from Blizzard:
    Since Cataclysm, players are more apt to come and go from the community. This is being addressed by providing more frequent content updates.
    So they could now push content out more often and therefore fix stuff while it's live with more hotfixes instead of a long PTR testing.

Quote Originally Posted by 30cmnobaffs View Post
    I am the only one refreshing SS everytime i have more vengeance? that's more, much more then 12 times in 6 minutes...i also have problems with SotR 1.5sec CD, during HA i build holy power faster then i can spend them(few miliseconds have to wait for the SotR to come of CD), not gamebreacking, just enoyng.

Still in love with my prot)
    ShoR was added to Sanctity of Battle a while ago.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=25956/sanctity-of-battle. I can be wrong but Sanctity of Battle does not work with SotR, they promiced to add it in 5.2 though...

Bah, posted this on the way out the door from the office yesterday, so catching up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    The main thing to keep in mind is that our PTR is usually several builds behind what the devs have. Grand Crusader not updated on ours means nothing because they've probably had it for a week or so and we'll get it sometime this week. Same deal with Seal of Justice not working yet--something broke in ours, they've probably had a working version for a little while. You just need a little patience for those.

I'm not really sure what clarity on seal twisting you want since GC already said that they don't want us to do it.

The level 90 talents not scaling with haste is probably intentional since they've been that way since release.
    1) True, it's likely behind a build (or 2) but we still can't test nor theorycraft the new seal nor GC AS until their internal build is available.
    2) He said "we don't want it", but has that EVER stopped ANYONE from doing ANYTHING that makes their character better, even theoretically?
    3) Covered by Firefly already, but even if not, it's still vastly underwhelming to have their actual effects AND their GCDs (minus HP) not scale with anything. And yet, I can't get a blue reply on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    1) True, it's likely behind a build (or 2) but we still can't test nor theorycraft the new seal nor GC AS until their internal build is available.
    2) He said "we don't want it", but has that EVER stopped ANYONE from doing ANYTHING that makes their character better, even theoretically?
    3) Covered by Firefly already, but even if not, it's still vastly underwhelming to have their actual effects AND their GCDs (minus HP) not scale with anything. And yet, I can't get a blue reply on that.
    1. True on GC, although it would be nice if they'd at least have given us a number. For SoR they did say they increased the effect by 50%, so it should be hitting for 9% weapon damage per swing.
    2. Eh. I guess for me it's enough that they don't want it to happen. That means that if it happens, they'll fix it.
    3. It certainly would be nice if they all scaled with haste properly. I wouldn't call it a 5.2 issue though.

I'm using SoJ during CD's even if it's not working most of the times. I see no problem.