Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2 weeks til D-Day for 5.2; PTR changes still non-functional

So, as of the tweets/posts today, 5.2 is "aimed" at 26Feb. 2 weeks to get all of the tuning, PVE numbers passes, and proposed changes implemented and funtional.

As of PTR yesterday:

Prot: GC AS still not proc'ing off of CS/HotR, even though it should now be a chance proc off of CS, HotR, dodge, and parry.

Consecrate still not scaling with haste.

Ret: New Seal of Justice not working. Like, at all.

Still no love for any Ret survival, PVP viability, or even clarity on the SoJ change with regards to seal twisting in PVE.

All: t90 talents still not scaling with haste.

t90 talent GCDs still also not scaling with haste.

Sacred shield talent GCD not scaling with haste.

Who's excited?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Haven't you been paying attention?

Push broken shit out >>>>> fix it 2 months later

E: Also, you know until I just read this I hadn't even noticed the Sacred Shield GCD but now i'm hitting a dummy and using it, it really does break the fluidity of key presses. Heh.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-02-11 at 08:42 PM.

Where the did you get that it's getting out in two weeks?

It won't be out until most likely end of Marchish. Feel free to quote me on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    It won't be out until most likely end of Marchish. Feel free to quote me on that.
    Yeah because you know better than Blizzard Im sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Where the did you get that it's getting out in two weeks?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...to-Kill-a-King
    On the front page, speculated Feb. 26th
    Troll Shadow Priest
    (H) - Mal'ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    They won't be able to push it out by then. They haven't done ANY heroic raid testing, and they're are still hundreds of bugs to fix. Blizzard is the king of pushed back release dates.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Has Blizzard released the date of release yet? I mean I only ask because I can only think of a couple of instances where they in fact did give a date of patch release.

Wouldn't the PvP season end as well? Which in and of itself require a 2 week warning.

It's speculation that it would be february 26th. That's going off of Chaud's intuition, and this sale.

However, I'd be weary to settle on the fact that it is Blizzard saying this.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Has Blizzard released the date of release yet? I mean I only ask because I can only think of a couple of instances where they in fact did give a date of patch release.

Wouldn't the PvP season end as well? Which in and of itself require a 2 week warning.

It's speculation that it would be february 26th. That's going off of Chaud's intuition, and this sale.

However, I'd be weary to settle on the fact that it is Blizzard saying this.
    Well Blizzard said they are aiming for 26th, so its not really speculations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    They won't be able to push it out by then. They haven't done ANY heroic raid testing, and they're are still hundreds of bugs to fix. Blizzard is the king of pushed back release dates.
    So you anticipate them pushing it out a month later then their projected release date? Don't you think that Blizzard knows exactly what needs and doesn't need to be tested? How do you think their conversations go?

Lead - Alright. Let's tell everyone the 26th of Feb for 5.2!
    Employee - But sir, what about heroic testing and so on?
    Lead - Never thought about that. Oh well, tell um Feb 26th anyways!

On a serious note, the 26th does seem rather quick and probably has a good chance of being delayed. I would guess a week at most. I expect the 26th though.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

3 first heroic bosses starts tommorow.

Its all going to depend on how much work the put in over these next two weeks. I would say it is enough time to fix the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Its all going to depend on how much work the put in over these next two weeks. I would say it is enough time to fix the bugs.
    Why do we presume that they need to fix bugs? Hunters went through beta for ages with pets one shotting people, it took 2 months for them to fix it even after live.

I don't think bugs will delay the patch tbh

Some people are never happy. If they set a date, then it's too soon according to random "experts". If they delay, it's because they are short on staff and the game is dying/they do it to spite us.

Le sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main thing to keep in mind is that our PTR is usually several builds behind what the devs have. Grand Crusader not updated on ours means nothing because they've probably had it for a week or so and we'll get it sometime this week. Same deal with Seal of Justice not working yet--something broke in ours, they've probably had a working version for a little while. You just need a little patience for those.

I'm not really sure what clarity on seal twisting you want since GC already said that they don't want us to do it.

The level 90 talents not scaling with haste is probably intentional since they've been that way since release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    The level 90 talents not scaling with haste is probably intentional since they've been that way since release.
    Not talking about that talents themselves, just their GCDs. And Holy Prism scales with haste, the others does not.

Lets say I have 30% haste.

Holy Prism would have a GCD of 1.15 seconds while ES and LH have a GCD of 1.5 seconds regardless of your haste.
    That is an issue when our rotation is based on GCD. ( all our abilities have a cooldown of x GCDs ).

So basically what that means it that everytime we use ES or LH, our entire rotation gets pushed back ( 0.35 seconds ) in this example. This also apply to Sacred Shield for protection paladins. This is a bigger issue then one might think. Over the duration of a fight our rotaion will be pushed back a lot, though most important is just the feel. This makes our rotation feel very clunky, every time using SS ,ES or LH as prot feels like walking with a stone in your shoe. Not the biggest deal but just annoys the living crap out of me.

Though just make no sense to have HP scale with haste and the others not.

You're casting how many SS in a fight? 12 in a 6 minute fight? So it gets pushed back a total of 6 seconds (12 SS casts and 5 LH). That is one (!) ShoR you lose if you have around 20% haste. Just one. Really not a big deal, especially as you are never tanking the whole time.

12*0.35 = 4.2 seconds
    5*0.35 = 1.75 seconds
    sum = 5.95 seconds.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-02-12 at 04:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You're casting how many SS in a fight? 12 in a 6 minute fight? So it gets pushed back a total of 6 seconds (12 SS casts and 5 LH). That is one (!) ShoR you lose if you have around 20% haste. Just one. Really not a big deal, especially as you are never tanking the whole time.

12*0.35 = 4.2 seconds
    5*0.35 = 1.75 seconds
    sum = 5.95 seconds.
    It is not so much the throughput, as it is just the feel. The effect is not huge, however it just feels so wrong and clunky.

Also feels strange that our T6 talents that already are very very weak, becomes even weaker. At 50% haste which we will probably reach in this tier or the next, using LH or ES will have a very low value due to the GCD clashing.

Weird that HP scale with haste though...

As the joker said. It is not about the holy power, it is about sending a message!

And here we go HC raid testing starts today, so 26th February is most likely release date mybe with one week delay. If you look at "PTR Class and Set bonus issuse" thread they'r now focusing on PvE tweaking.

Tuesday, February 12

Council of Elders - 10 Player Heroic
    10:30 PST (13:30 EST, 19:30 CET)

Tortos - 10 Player Heroic
    13:30 PST (16:30 EST, 22:30 CET)

Durumu the Forgotten - 10 Player Heroic
    16:00 PST (19:00 EST, 01:00 CET)

When you hit 50% haste you get all kinds of wierd issues as the Global Cooldown hits its cap, but the cooldowns of the abilities continue to be reduced meaning that you're going to see EVERY ability clash with the GCD (until you reach 200% haste, 400% haste or 600% haste IIRC).