Thread: Disengage 5.2

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disengage 5.2

So the glyph will make it give 5% health when used instead of the increased jump-distance. Are they just giving the spell that distance baseline, or will it be short again? I don't have PTR access to test this.

Deleted
    It's instead of Glyph of Marked for Death if I'm not mistaken, not Glyph of Disengage.

Oooh shoot, I need to double check that haha. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    It's instead of Glyph of Marked for Death if I'm not mistaken, not Glyph of Disengage.
    Yep, they are replacing Glyph of Marked for Death with a new glyph that does 5% healing every time you use Disengage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Yep, they are replacing Glyph of Marked for Death with a new glyph that does 5% healing every time you use Disengage.
    Yep think it's because literally everyone uses glyph of marked for death. Blizz don't like glyphs that everyone uses because they are just no brainers. The effect from marked for death glyph becomes base line I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Yep think it's because literally everyone uses glyph of marked for death. Blizz don't like glyphs that everyone uses because they are just no brainers. The effect from marked for death glyph becomes base line I believe.
    Soooo

Lets replace it with another mandatory glyph!

Tbh they should make animal bond baseline too.

what they are really doing is making hunters mark worthless. With it auto applying you cannot marks a target like a druids to stop them from stealthing and still attack someone else. its more of a nerf then anything when it comes to pvp utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    what they are really doing is making hunters mark worthless. With it auto applying you cannot marks a target like a druids to stop them from stealthing and still attack someone else. its more of a nerf then anything when it comes to pvp utility.
    They aren't getting rid of HM. You can still apply it manually, like always. They are just making the glyph baseline. It's essentially the same as live, except you have an extra glyph spot to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    They aren't getting rid of HM. You can still apply it manually, like always. They are just making the glyph baseline. It's essentially the same as live, except you have an extra glyph spot to work with.
    He means that you wont be able to Mark a target to track it through stealth while DPSing a different target, since your main DPS ability will auto swap the mark

Quote Originally Posted by NomadKing View Post
    He means that you wont be able to Mark a target to track it through stealth while DPSing a different target, since your main DPS ability will auto swap the mark

First world problem... t.t

Also, what do you guys think about the new 'disengage healing glyph' ? It bothers me a little the idea of me having to 'keep' jumping unnecessarily for the heal... I rather the heal was tied to something else...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Also, what do you guys think about the new 'disengage healing glyph' ? It bothers me a little the idea of me having to 'keep' jumping unnecessarily for the heal... I rather the heal was tied to something else...
    I don't really see 5% every 15-25 seconds as so big of a deal that it makes the glyph absolutely mandatory to glyph or use on cooldown, at least not in PvE. The only concern I have personally is that it changes the value of the first tier of talents in a bit of an odd way.

I do hope that this baselining of that glyph eventually leads to the 5% damage increase just being baked into our abilities, though. Leaving Hunter's Mark as a utility spell (marking/stealth tracking) seems to be a better long-term plan than just having it ignored by constantly being applied automatically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    It bothers me a little the idea of me having to 'keep' jumping unnecessarily for the heal
    I see this all over the place and it annoys me to no end.

You aren't going to be forced to Disengage every 15-25 seconds so you can top yourself off, nor will you be forced into a 'healing spec' just so you can heal yourself. It's a little bit of free healing for the times you disengage. It's a little bonus, something extra, something free.

Personally I'm quite happy with the glyph. Often when I Disengage I'm going to be taking damage from something, for example the DoT when activating the tiles on stone guards. The heal is just something to help out.

I think I'm gonna get Mirrored Blades over the 5% heal at least for BGs which is all I do.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

this change just swaps one must have glyph, for another. 5% heal every 15secs or 25secs? yes plz a def must have for any hunter in pvp or pve. if it can crit as well, even better

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    this change just swaps one must have glyph, for another. 5% heal every 15secs or 25secs? yes plz a def must have for any hunter in pvp or pve. if it can crit as well, even better
    PvP, agree. But PvE, you're overestimating the freedom of positioning in raids - using Disengage on cooldown would keep you constantly moving.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Soooo.

Mogu'Shan

Stone Guards HC: While running over the tiles with the debuff
    Feng the Accursed HC: When placing wildfire spark on designated place/Jumping out from Arcane shit to position yourself/Jumping to the designated part of the room while Shield is up
    Spirit Kings HC: Yeah, Disengage will be useful with all the crap going on. (Flanking,Volley,Rain,Undying shadows etc)
    Will of the Emperor HC: Depending on your role, Get closer to the sparks / The courage that just spawned, If you're actually dancing jumping from one side to another. Or if you're bored an idle, make a jump just because you can.

HoF
    Vizier Zor'lok HC: Going from one plattform to another, Nothing big/Not all to useful
    Blade Lord Ta'yak HC: Going in for the strike > Jump out > going in for Blade tempest > Jump out Phase 2, Tornado phase. Use with caution.
    Garalon HC: Pretty much only if you're on the legs and running to one, maybe if you're in a bind with pheromones, Yet to happen in person
    Wind Lord Mel'jarak HC : Never had to use it on this fight, But could be useful if you're surrounded by shit everywhere and/or after the AoE.
    Amber-shaper Un'Sok HC: If you're slow in P3 and getting several globules following you it could be useful i suppose.
    Grand Empress HC: Could be good on the add phase if you get the fixate and sonic blade/poison bomb combo on yourself.

Terrace
    Protectors HC: Only if you need to dodge the Lightning storm while on add duty, Nothing really useful.
    Tsulong HC: Everything helps, Disengage to/from the sunbeam if you're blowing the sunbeam up on last set of adds or something like it.
    Lei Shi HC: Oh yes, Disengage either in or out from Get away if you're stacking the debuff.
    Sha of fear HC: Useful pretty much only in P1 if you're bad at dodgeing crap on the main plattform.

There is lots of uses in the by then, old tier for this glyph I'd say.

The problem with your list is that you can run and do those things. Disengage still costs a GCD, so if you can run and do it, it's a DPS loss to disengage.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The problem with your list is that you can run and do those things. Disengage still costs a GCD, so if you can run and do it, it's a DPS loss to disengage.
    Disengage doesn't cost GCD. But it's still not always beneficial to use instead of runing.
    For example, you don't paint tiles while you're in disengage. Disengaging on Flanking Orders is dangerous (you are still considered on your starting point until you land).
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    Soooo.

Mogu'Shan

Will of the Emperor HC: Depending on your role, Deterence + Disengage through far / late sparks

HoF
    Vizier Zor'lok HC: Going from one plattform to another - Quite big, Disengage - Deterence - be there 3-4 seconds earlier with 80% run speed.

Garalon HC: Disengage if cornered, again with run speed

Grand Empress HC: In Add Phase you can just FD, the mob goes back to the tank
    Just a couple of corrections

Deleted
    Yeah it depends