Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    So what your saying is, because you can't finish the raid in 5 months you want everyone else to wait for you to finish before they get new content?
    What you can or cannot do is absolutely invalid towards others. That's what I said... Covering BOTH sides of the aisle.
    For all you have to contribute is just one thing, YOUR opinion. Your opinion is as valid or invalid as anyone else opinion.
    I have nowhere made any other statement in that post. You are reading something into it, because you want to, since you made up your own mind, and for you it's the only valid conclusion. But you are wrong with that mindset (even if you would be right with the claim, which is another topic entirely).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwayshealing View Post
    Where are you getting that only 30% have cleared 16/16? My guild runs 2 seperate 10m groups both only raid 2 nights a week 6 hours total a week and were able to clear 16/16 in both groups no problem. I think 30% is incorrect. If it is correct however I will be shocked. So pls, show me.
    for decent raiding guilds, 30% is laughable, since pretty much everyone cleared 16/16 normals, they put that low percentage with all the casual guilds in the world, who maybe one day formed a 10 man party and went to MSV jsut to be crashed by stone guards, and never went there again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    In BC you didn't just say "Hey BT is out time to jump from Kara to BT". Granted once again attunements stopped that, but attunements were removed not long into BT and you still didn't just waltz into BT with kara gear because a new raid was out.
    What really happened was once BT came out those guilds lucky enough to run it were poaching people from all the guilds below them not as far along.

Those of us without the gear and progression were forced into endless guild hopping from one to another as the hardcores in BT devoured one guild after another to replace their ever burning out members.

Just because a new raid is out doesn't mean you can't raid 5.0 content. End. Of. Story
    yes you can, but spending time in old content when a new raid out is something nobody wants to do and perfectly good guilds suffer for it.
    Nobody wants to be stuck in progression behind a bugger of a boss, and the TBC system did exactly that, no wonder only 1% saw Illidan and fewer saw KJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You could put the efforts into it (or anyone else) and check the progress of the realms via wowprogress. Their data can be a little bit off, but in overall it would still give a margin within a few % error range.
    Quick example.. I looked at illidan, #1 US realm....
    120 guilds have a full clear normal mode or better.... 293 guilds total are listed for the current tier.
    Yes I posted earlier that Wowprogress.com does hold the #s. I check them often and update to get an idea. But I am sure Blizz themselves holds the exact % of guilds who were able to accomplish the 16/16 before 5.2. 16 sounds like a lot of Boss's and a lot of content but if you have a group of 10 and at least 7 of them have great awareness/common sense its an easy goal to meet in 5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    It's what you get when you constantly cater to the lowest denominators of the player base.
    Pretty much this.

Blizzard brought this upon themselves the day they decided that making the previous tier irrelevant when a new tier gets released was a good idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    Those People can't be seroius. Why are there already people complaining about the release of 5.2 in two weeks? The people used to cry about no content the last expansions... I just don't get it. What's wrong with them?
    If aliens landed tomorow and made everyone immortal, gave us technology for free and told us the secrets of the universe, there would STILL be a few people whining. Point is, with a community as large as wow's there's bound to be people that disagree. Just plain maths.

That doesn't make it any less dumb. It's still an extremely dumb reaction to this specific news.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

I personally feel the 5.2 release is right on schedule. Blizz did anounce a while ago content would start coming faster to keep people happy. For those casuals it means they will get a new LFR to enjoy Everyone will get something from this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I just sharded another one. Really, they drop a lot.
    Rrrraaaaaaaaaaaageeeeeeeeeeee!
    With my awesome luck, i'll surely get it the day 5.2 hits...

Ahahahah! No, really, i'll never see one drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Not if your guild refuses to.
    Join a like-minded guild?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwayshealing View Post
    Yes I posted earlier that Wowprogress.com does hold the #s. I check them often and update to get an idea. But I am sure Blizz themselves holds the exact % of guilds who were able to accomplish the 16/16 before 5.2. 16 sounds like a lot of Boss's and a lot of content but if you have a group of 10 and at least 7 of them have great awareness/common sense its an easy goal to meet in 5 months.
    I agree here.
    For normal modes definitely the case, even when done on a rather casual level, and for some heroic modes on top with a bit more motivation.

My very own opinion is, that I believe the patch is slightly too soon.. I did expect it to hit more like 4 weeks from now, instead of 2 weeks. The 2 weeks I'm off aren't too big of a deal I suppose.

Well at least your guess was close Wildtree I have been telling my raiders beginning of March so looks like we both expected a bit more time. But I welcome the patch & am preparing now for it.

maybe because we are still at a model where only a small percentage of players has fully cleared the content and the enabled comunity feels in some way that they are less entitled and catered to when expansions are dropped quickly putting the leaders farther ahead while those that are behind continue to drop farther behind?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    maybe because we are still at a model where only a small percentage of players has fully cleared the content and the enabled comunity feels in some way that they are less entitled and catered to when expansions are dropped quickly putting the leaders farther ahead while those that are behind continue to drop farther behind?
    further behind what? why do you care what other guilds doing atm? I don't see your guild in WoW first race. You should concentrate on what you're doing and clear T14 or with that gear you will not even kill first boss in T15 anyway.
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2013-02-12 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    further behind what? why do you care what other guilds doing atm? I don't see your guild in WoW first race. You should concentrate on what you're doing and clear T14 or with that gear you will not even kill first boss in T15 anyway.
    Hard to do when your best players leave to do T15.

TBC was a clusterfuck unless you were at the bleeding edge, lets hope that they aren';t going to make the same mistake again.

further behind what? why do you care what other guilds doing atm? I don't see your guild in WoW first race. You should concentrate on what you're doing and clear T14 or with that gear you will not kill even first boss in T15 anyway.
    Very true. As long as you are having fun with your guild/raid team thats all that matters. I cannot count the times we would have a random wipe and bust up laughing. Example: Our OT taunted Koalon on Elite Protectors as they were circling the edge of the room and he backs up to the stairs where Lei Shi trash spawns, Koalon was at 15% health, he resets. Everyone busted up laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    There is more to 5.2 than just a new raid, so I call bullshit.

And serious raiders that are even attempting heroic modes are in the vast minority of the WoW population, so if anything, you don't get an opinion on this.

If you haven't cleared full 16/16H in 5 months, you're not as good as you think you are, no one cares about World 401st and your FoS other than you.
    No one cares about the other world 400 as well, this is a game ppl generaly play to have fun (I do at least), either way Id like to have enought time to finish the freaking tier makes absolutely no sense that the largest raid tier ever is gona stay around for the shortest amount time as well. Not everyone has no life and can devote 400 hours a week to raiding, I only raid like 7-8 hours per week and am 10/16 heroic wich is pretty reasonable, Id like blizz to give these kind of ppl (wich believe it or not is the majority of the raiding comunity) the chance to at least have a shot at the sha and not rush the next raid tier like theyre doing.

Theres also the issue with the testign if they do release the patch in 2 weeks the raid testing is not gone be properly finished and we all know what happens when patches go live without proper testing.

And stop saying a raid patch is not aimmed at raiders, ye theres a bunch of other stuf on the patch as well but the main focus is the raid and the new PvP season. This argument that the raiding community is the minority is old first because its entirely not true, everyone does LFR nowadays, it is raiding wheter you want ot adimit it or not and secondly because if you remove raiding from WoW youll see the game die in a hearthbeat, even for ppl who dont raid the raid is the carrot on the stick.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-02-12 at 05:21 PM.

Tell me again why people are FORCED to go into the new content? Not that hard to just finish the old one before looking at the 5.2 raid is it?
    Last edited by nowish; 2013-02-12 at 05:36 PM.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Blizzard has that number, they definitely have it. They could reveal it, if they wanted to. Once in a while they do just that.
    Blizzard has an extensive record of pretty much everything that happens in the game.
    From every single quest mob killed, to every single re-spec, re-gem etc.... They sure enough have track records of every single boss kill in the game as well.
    Fair enough but we as a players there is no way in hell we can confirm how much the exact % numbers of which players finished the content or not. And for those who keep saying it's because of websites and wowprogress guess what? even those data are not 100% correct.

5 months is more than enough to clear 16 bosses normal if you at least raid twice in the week for at least minimum of 2 hours per raid. If you and your guild can't do that and can't put an efforts, dedication, and commientment then this is not Blizzard fault it's you guys sorry to say this. I'm not saying being not having time and dedication is bad playing this game of course not because in the end this is just an entertainment video game but to demand the same treatment and rewards just because you pay for the game is just wrong. you put an effort and dedication? you gain, if you are not? you don't gain as much. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    yes you can, but spending time in old content when a new raid out is something nobody wants to do and perfectly good guilds suffer for it.
    Nobody wants to be stuck in progression behind a bugger of a boss, and the TBC system did exactly that, no wonder only 1% saw Illidan and fewer saw KJ.
    I'll admit that TBC raiding had a myriad of problems with it. One problem it didn't have though was complaining over a new raid. When BT came out, people said "wow I can't wait to be doing that one day," instead of being depressed about it.

That's what happens though when you make old content completely insignificant. People stop raiding an epic Ulduar to run a terrible ToC, because of better shinies.

Off Topic

You should concentrate on what you're doing and clear T14 or with that gear you will not even kill first boss in T15 anyway.
    Outside of a few exceptions, if you're decently geared, most first boss encounters of raids are pretty faceroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    Tell me again why people are FORCED to go into the new content? Not that hard to just finish the old one before looking at the 5.2 raid is it?
    Absolutely true. This complaining is just completely nonsensical. Finish T14 at your own pace, then move along. Why does everyone need to be forced into starting new content at the same time? Take your time and enjoy the ride.