Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Then... don't and continue on doing 5.0 raids? How does 5.2 being released prevent you from sticking with 5.0 until you have picked every shred of sustenance from its carcass?
    This

Cata spoiled the brats as usual. In Vanilla you had 3 options for raiding first: MC, ZG, AQ20. Granted the 2nd ones came later on, but you didn't say when AQ40 came out "oh hey AQ40 is out time to ignore MC and BWL" since most people hadn't even finished both of those raids. You kept going until your gear was up to par for AQ40(although there was the whole NR you needed there too as a blocker).

In BC you didn't just say "Hey BT is out time to jump from Kara to BT". Granted once again attunements stopped that, but attunements were removed not long into BT and you still didn't just waltz into BT with kara gear because a new raid was out.

In WotLK which is the BEST example of MoP style, when ToC came out, people STILL worked on ulduar hard modes until they were heavily progressing in ToC hard modes for a few weeks. Now if you recall ToC was gated so people raided Ulduar hard modes for about a good 10 weeks or more into ToC.

Just because a new raid is out doesn't mean you can't raid 5.0 content. End. Of. Story

Quote Originally Posted by Targetter View Post
    Listen I don't really want to but in on this dungheep of a thread. But do you realise that Australia had the worst heatwave in like ever, people were dieing of heat and dehydration daily.

If its like I dunno effing 40-45 degrees celcius, (thats over 8 degrees of your normal body temperature by the way)

Would you spend all that time sitting behind a damn computerscreen playing wow. I mean ffs, those temperatures combined with the inner temperatures of the computer are enough to fry it if you don't cool it enough.

I have all the sympathy in the world for the Aussies and why they could not play.

Lets say Blizzard released a major content patch on the 31st of may and released another mayor content patch at the end of august. Everyone on the northerns hemisphere would go balls to the walls.

In summer, you always get the summerdown of many many many guilds, and many guilds die during the summer then during any other season.
    If you can afford a computer, this game, internet and the subscription you can afford an air conditioner. So yes if we got an insane heat wave I'd stay inside where it's cool and out of the sun and play this game. It's not a valid excuse. Even if it were do you really expect the rest of the world to wait two more months because you couldn't play? I don't know what you're talking about with "summerdown", I had no problems finding people to raid with in Firelands.

I wish they would just make it so you need to kill sha before you can enter tot to shut up all these whiners. Want more time to do t14? Well you'd have all the time in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only raid for about 2 hours a week, but am geared enough to do the LFR when it comes and I will. But I want our team to progress properly through the raids. That is the way it should be. I don't care if someone else is seeing that content before me, having had the kills they've earned it. I still need to work on it. I now know I have 5-6 months to kill bosses until next raid tier, progress through the content and enjoy my raiding with my team. If you haven't killed it yet, you haven't earned it, that's the thing about this tier, it's not impossible, it's hard. And remember, you can turn the nerf off.
    Last edited by Stellalock; 2013-02-12 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Sorry to say this but I have to disagree with you...I mean not even Blizzard the creator of this game have the exact % and numbers of how many ppl cleared the content yet somehow you give me a solid 30% I have to say this is just a random number you wrote just to back up your claims.
    Wasn't my numbers, other posters were discussing the wowprogress etc stats further up the thread. It's highly likely all the excellent, well progressed raiding guilds are on the fansites.

I can't see there being another 20% of guilds who are clearing everything on normal are somewhere unrecorded, can you?

I've got mixed feelings on this.
    1. I'm not done even with normal mode this time around thanks to a few things
    2. I am anxious for the new class changes
    3. I know the patch will make the current content more manageable for a casual guild to finish up, I'd like to enjoy my time, not keep wiping for weeks

I like this return to the days of taking content at your own pace. The catch up mechanisms are not as hardcore as in previous expansions meaning the feeling of just being able to leap frog a tier is not as clearly there which is something I disliked as I felt finishing a tier was the right of passage to the next.
    Also at this rate for my guild, this might mean that we are raiding new stuff constantly and never being stuck waiting for a patch, which is the way I prefer wow to be. Now obviously cutting edge guilds (and yes I've spent my time in those too getting server firsts) are never going to have content come quick enough to offer that experience, but from my time in that scene I enjoyed the chance to finish the content with an alt seeing it from a different perspective too.

Blizzard is showing us that it can finally deliver on promises, I say, don't rock the boat on this one.

WHAT IF content is coming fast? You can (and should) still go to T14 content and finish it if you haven't.

The sense of entitlement baffles me every single time...

I'm ecstatic about having new content released sooner then usual!

Like how can't you finish 16 bosses in 5 months? If you raid 2-3 nights/week its impossible to not finish in 5 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    Like how can't you finish 16 bosses in 5 months? If you raid 2-3 nights/week its impossible to not finish in 5 months.
    Maybe for you.
    But what level raiding you? 10/25?
    How long do you raid for a week?
    How else do you prepare? Crafting?VP capping? Crafting? Buying BOEs?
    Maybe you lugged early?
    How often do you play per week?
    Do you have kids to look after?
    Do you work?
    Do you go away with work?
    Did you visit family at Christmas?
    Do you have a social life?

What affects your gameplay doesn't affect others. Some don't have the time. I am happy with my progression, sure I'd like to be further, but I'm not, so be it.

Bring on new content for those that are ready n we can look and use that as our insensitive.

But please, don't try n belittle people who play their game their way, because they haven't killed as many bosses as you

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to say this but I have to disagree with you...I mean not even Blizzard the creator of this game have the exact % and numbers of how many ppl cleared the content yet somehow you give me a solid 30% I have to say this is just a random number you wrote just to back up your claims.
    Blizzard has that number, they definitely have it. They could reveal it, if they wanted to. Once in a while they do just that.
    Blizzard has an extensive record of pretty much everything that happens in the game.
    From every single quest mob killed, to every single re-spec, re-gem etc.... They sure enough have track records of every single boss kill in the game as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You can (and should) still go to T14 content and finish it if you haven't.
    Not if your guild refuses to.

Where are you getting that only 30% have cleared 16/16? My guild runs 2 seperate 10m groups both only raid 2 nights a week 6 hours total a week and were able to clear 16/16 in both groups no problem. I think 30% is incorrect. If it is correct however I will be shocked. So pls, show me.

the community isn't vast - its majority is crybabies.

early patch - whine
    late patch - whine
    no changes - whine
    class changes - whine

you catch my drift

Not everyone started MoP day 1 nor do they have time to raid 2-3 times a week, every week.

To be clear, I have no problems with new content. The more there is the better; and it's great that after 8 years Blizz is finally living up to their word of more frequent content. BUT I do think they should hold off on the 10% nerf to normal/heroic t14 raids.

People who were behind but still making progress should have a shot at clearing it as the content was intended imo. Blizz can nerf lfr and buff it's drop rates for catch up purposes but normal/heroic t14 should be left alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all people can raid 3 times a week. Not all people who raid three times a week can raid 4 - 5 hours per raid day. Time investment capability varies greatly.

The biggest mistake someone can make is to conclude from themselves onto others. What you can or cannot do is absolutely invalid towards others.

Blizzard most definitely has that number

I can't see any reason why any1 would think 5.2 comes too soon. In my opinion it's waaaaay to long to wait for all the balance changes (as you can guess i'm pvp'er) wish they could just implement a "mid-patch" with pvp ners/buffs instead of wating to finish both pve and pvp, makes life in azeroth rly boring for the ppl who don't care about one or the other. i haven't set foot in any of the normal raids yet, and i couldn't care less about the implementation of new raids. but i see why others would care just as little about the pvp changes, wich is why blizzard should consider doing pvp patches and pve patches individually instead of what they do now.

TL;DR PvE and PvP should be patched individually. (not that it was all THAT long)

Well if you go to Wowprogress.com you can get an idea by checking kill counts, guild progress, etc. But thats a lot of digging and I am certain Blizz does have the exact %. Though I would guess its more around 60-70% have cleared 16/16.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Not all people can raid 3 times a week. Not all people who raid three times a week can raid 4 - 5 hours per raid day. Time investment capability varies greatly.

The biggest mistake someone can make is to conclude from themselves onto others. What you can or cannot do is absolutely invalid towards others.
    So what your saying is, because you can't finish the raid in 5 months you want everyone else to wait for you to finish before they get new content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwayshealing View Post
    Where are you getting that only 30% have cleared 16/16? My guild runs 2 seperate 10m groups both only raid 2 nights a week 6 hours total a week and were able to clear 16/16 in both groups no problem. I think 30% is incorrect. If it is correct however I will be shocked. So pls, show me.
    You could put the efforts into it (or anyone else) and check the progress of the realms via wowprogress. Their data can be a little bit off, but in overall it would still give a margin within a few % error range.
    Quick example.. I looked at illidan, #1 US realm....
    120 guilds have a full clear normal mode or better.... 293 guilds total are listed for the current tier.

Deleted
    So what your saying is, because you can't finish the raid in 5 months you want everyone else to wait for you to finish before they get new content?
    Yes, definitely.