Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4 ranged weapons

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/96472-durumus-baleful-gaze

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/96603-mir...vehement-chord

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/96422-sha...eshell-longbow

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/96525-voice-of-the-quilen

Not sure where the second drops from, but this is an improvement from DS and Tier 14 for sure. Only thing to really note is that the Durumu gun has a tighter spread than the other weapons, but the same dps.

Deleted
    I saw that as well, no idea what to think about it. Tier 14 was ridiculous in terms of getting a ranged weapon but I have the feeling this is going to be overkill. I'm predicting a new 1-handed agility sword theme where after it has dropped once it'll most likely be disenchanted for the rest of the tier. Then again, they owe us a little something after tier 14.

Seems like the 4th weapon has too much agility.

And at last a ranged weapon with non retarded stats Gazing at you, Baleful Gaze.

Seriously, haste/mastery combo of Taoren makes me cry a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I saw that as well, no idea what to think about it. Tier 14 was ridiculous in terms of getting a ranged weapon but I have the feeling this is going to be overkill. I'm predicting a new 1-handed agility sword theme where after it has dropped once it'll most likely be disenchanted for the rest of the tier. Then again, they owe us a little something after tier 14.
    Well the first weapon seems to drop off Tortos which is the 4th boss, Durumu is 7th and Iron Qon is 10th. I'm pretty sure most hunters will be going for the crossbow given the stats, but it's great overall to finally have a few choices and they not be from the end boss of a raid or ~12th boss in progression.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-02-11 at 10:14 PM. Reason: meant crossbow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Well the first weapon seems to drop off Tortos which is the 4th boss, Durumu is 7th and Iron Qon is 10th. I'm pretty sure most hunters will be going for the gun given the stats, but it's great overall to finally have a few choices and they not be from the end boss of a raid or ~12th boss in progression.
    Actually now you put that into perspective, it actually seems more reasonable. I'm still fearing a ton of disenchanted weapons along with angry topics of guilds being overloaded with ranged weapons.

But hey, everything is Hunter loot anyway.

Actually now you put that into perspective, it actually seems more reasonable. I'm still fearing a ton of disenchanted weapons along with angry topics of guilds being overloaded with ranged weapons.

But hey, everything is Hunter loot anyway.
    I think it's also mainly something to appease to people who do LFR. I did not get an epic weapon for maybe 8 weeks. Now you will be able to get a weapon, may not be your best, but at least it's something.

For the sole reason that this increases the likelihood of getting a thunderforged ranged weapon, this makes me happy. Of course, it'll be normal mode and the crappiest weapon when it does happen to me, but, meh. Anyways, if it wasn't for LFR, I would be in heroic content with a blue weapon still. Doesn't help that the gun has a very low chance of dropping in 10 man since one piece is always going to be tier. Oh well.

we may have 4 "options" but the crossbow is the best one, so in reality the other 3 are simply something to use until we get the crossbow.

I just want to get to where i can test and see if getting a 522 ranged weapon is worth it over the 517 taoren with the 500 agi. I think with the weapon damage it will mean throwing away the ugly gun.

Anyone else notice that the crossbow is the only one out of the 4 that has a lower high end damage in sacrifice for a higher low end damage?

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I knew there were a lot of weapons this tier, but jeezus. At least I get to have my pick and don't have to share! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    we may have 4 "options" but the crossbow is the best one, so in reality the other 3 are simply something to use until we get the crossbow.

I just want to get to where i can test and see if getting a 522 ranged weapon is worth it over the 517 taoren with the 500 agi. I think with the weapon damage it will mean throwing away the ugly gun.
    Femaledwarf has the 5.2 weapons implemented, you can check it out there. Taoren was better than H fang kung. A 6 ilvl difference. In this case it's a 5 ilvl difference. I'd say it's close imo. You could use either. I'll sim it just to see.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 01:15 AM ----------

Using Miracoran, the Vehement Chord because I cba to reforge atm, it was a 1589.48 dps decrease. I'll probably be keeping taoren until H.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    To many weapons.
    T14 was fine with 1normal/1sha touched but this time 4heroic weapons? Totally overkill and a waste of atleast 2slots for items.
    Yeah, I agree. They should just make Durumu's Baleful Gaze the only bow that drops and assign said bow to the other bosses that drop the other bows.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

It's really only 3 ranged weapons, pretty sure one drops off trash and won't have an actual heroic version. Also, maybe now I won't get DDOS'd

Well luckily Taoren 517 will still be better than the 522.

Seems like the 4th weapon has too much agility.
    it seems to have less STA though

Didn't even notice that gun had more agility.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vehement Chord isn't listed for any boss, so I think it might be a trash drop. We often get heroic and LFR versions of trash drops datamined, even if they don't really drop on live.
    I think 3 weapon drops are fine.
    Old Gods made me do it.

i did some tests in my gear, all the normal weapons are a loss from herioc taoren even if you add the 160 agi with the wrathion socket they said we could keep using.

I think it's a common consensus that if you have the 517 Tao-ren that you'll most likely want to wait for the heroic weapons although I can see that being a bit of a pain since they drop off the later bosses and given the inevitable flip flop of stats on our gear. It should be interesting how it turns out though. I really like having more weapons because you see the same thing happen to other classes. There will always be a case of itemization and min/maxing but at least they have the other drops in case they have a month long dry spell of the one weapon they really want.

Deleted
    4 weapon is a welcome change, might be able to get a non-lfr weapon in next tier then!
    on another note, most other specs seems to have 4 weapons as well, so seems that its not only gonna be hunter weapons that ends up getting sharded.