Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    How much space does just WoW take up now? Probably around 40-50gbs. 250gb type ssd is probably ideal for most people how play 5ish games which include 1or 2 mmos
    WoW is around 21GB.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

How much space does just WoW take up now? Probably around 40-50gbs. 250gb type ssd is probably ideal for most people how play 5ish games which include 1or 2 mmos
    22GB for a 'fresh' install @ MoP, the biggest thing destroying SSDs is Steam, mine runs up to 264GB with a lot of games uninstalled (well over 50%) if you don't keep a lid on where its putting games and remove/move them as they become less important, it'll eat up most of your SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Windows 10-20gb
    WoW 30gb

That right there uses up almost all of a 64gb SSD.

For me... SC2, WoW PTR, D3, GW2, ME3, Deadspace 2, Borderlands 2.... That's another 90gb there, well beyond what a 128gb can sustain. For some people, 128 might be enough. For most gamers 128 may not be enough
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Windows 10-20gb
    WoW 30gb

That right there uses up almost all of a 64gb SSD.

For me... SC2, WoW PTR, D3, GW2, ME3, Deadspace 2, Borderlands 2.... That's another 90gb there, well beyond what a 128gb can sustain. For some people, 128 might be enough. For most gamers 128 may not be enough
    which is my basic point. Games take up a lot of room. 128gb, at least IMO, is just too small for most gamers. Especially those that do MMO's where there are expansions happening and taking up even more space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry had class.

But yeah i play 3 mmos (WOW/STO/TERA) + Diablo 3/League of Legends/Borderlands 2/Starcraft 2. Those are just the games that i generally run at least 1-2 times a week. I have a lot of others. I spent the longest time running on a DSL modem and could never bring myself to delete anything for chance that i might want to play again. My Steam library is over 50 titles in length. Being a full time IT student who takes all his classes online has some advantages :O

I don't feel the need to keep my tv shows/anime/movies/music on the SSD. As well as stuff like Microsoft office or Virtual Box (for a silly linux class).

But thanks for all the help guys, I have Sean's guide bookmarked.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

21GB for WoW. Look instead of guessing.

Especially those that do MMO's where there are expansions happening and taking up even more space.
    14GB for Rift's free version and 15GB for GW2, not that big games really.

I have currently 5 games installed on my SSD: WoW, GW2, Rift, Path of Exile and Diablo3.. Grand total is 66.6GB (somewhat amusingly). 120GB of SSD would be enough for those + Windows. I have currently 150GB used of 250GB SSD and it seems to be the perfect size, 120GB was too cramped.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.