Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    I'm glad Horde has 1 BG where there's a distinct advantage. Alliance has had easy AV wins for how many years now?

I play both sides so I'm really not bias either way. How would you change silvershard mines to make it more fair?
    But who actually queue's for AV outside of Call to Arms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    But who actually queue's for AV outside of Call to Arms?
    I did on my rogue when I still played. There's nothing like the satisfaction that comes from knowing you single-handedly tipped the balance of the game by recapping both FW towers two or three times. You can practically feel the Alliance rage and frustration radiating off the screen as the Horde slowly stumble their way to victory.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Silvershard Mines on my Alliance Warrior for now is completely even, 21 either way with 42 played. Now, when it comes to Eye of the Storm, that is either Horde biased or the Alliance are just beyond terrible (going with the latter). Not checked my Mage or Paladin often but I believe they are similar.

Played: 141
    Won: 26

I don't hate the Battlegrounds, the only ones I really dislike are IoC, AV, and possibly AB/SotA due to Lack of PVP or Boredam. But EotS on EU Cyclone/Wirbelsturm, good lord :S
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    As Horde I don't see it as really benefiting either side.

Regardless of where the paths may turn, the carts all spawn in the same place in the middle within easy reach of both factions.

Either team can block access to the tunnels from the central chamber if they play it well.
    Oh please. They spawn at the same place but go into different directions, directions that are easier to control for one faction than the other by a large margin because of a closer graveyard and shorter ways.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    this was said, never...
    Actually it's said quite often. On my battlegroupd (PvP) Alliance is grossly outnumbered. Doing the love is in the air daily in Uldum means getting to die several times as Alliance seeing how a whole bunch of people jumps them as soon as they hit the ground and there were quite a few people expressing pity for them, while killing them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Silvershard Mines on my Alliance Warrior for now is completely even, 21 either way with 42 played. Now, when it comes to Eye of the Storm, that is either Horde biased or the Alliance are just beyond terrible (going with the latter). Not checked my Mage or Paladin often but I believe they are similar.

I don't hate the Battlegrounds, the only ones I really dislike are IoC, AV, and possibly AB/SotA due to Lack of PVP or Boredam. But EotS on EU Cyclone/Wirbelsturm, good lord :S
    Extremly lucky on SM, also your Alliance seems to be terribad.

I love the concept and look of silvershard. Its one of my favorite BGs but I black list it due to alliance always losing.

Unfair advantage goes to horde on this one, but we have AV which grants more honor so all is even in the end.

Deleted
    I have yet to win Silvershard mines. Its the only BG where alliance seem to lose 100% of them. Otherwise it seems that im getting more wins than losses in other BGs, even WSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzan View Post
    I am sorry for asking so bluntly, but are you just trolling or are you really that daft?
    Please don't take it as a personal attack, but having played on both sides, there's nothing easier than AV alliance rushing straight south and winning just because they get there faster, leaving Horde the only option in form of putting up strong defense in FW. Which then leads to Alliance complaining about Horde unecessarily prolonging the game (as ridiculous as it sounds). That's how it is for quite some time.

As far as the oldschool AV goes, the bridge leading to DB offers far better defensive options as the attackers don't really have anywhere to hide while walking over it. Compared to the pathway to FW, where you have ample options to go out of line of sight to recover.

But please, enlighten me with your experience. Perhaps I have missed something...
    For the record my comments were about the old school AV, to a horde player whining about AV.

The had to move the Horde starting point back a few different times in AV since Vanilla, because like in the Mines, the Horde started closer than the Alliance. Old School AV was also different when it comes to the "bosses." The two captains are way way way way different. Belinda could be tanked with a pet, while Galv took a real tank, and would often smash groups or force a reset with his fear. Belinda did what? Frost Nova? Yeah, so Horde would just send ranged in there. Towers are another thing Horde had better. Dwarven bunkers were low, open, and easier to traverse. Orc towers are easier to fall off of while fighting, and easier to stand in and AOE, not to mention how much more you could barrage your enemy while up there.

Your example is a matter of perspective, the insane bottleneck consisting of just a 4 foot door way on the Orc side was much easier to defend, with AOEs and slows and such. The Bridge is wider, and the mountains (which you could walk upon, of course on the Hordes side) around the GY before the bridge was easy to take for the Horde, since mages and Hunters could walk up there and shoot from above. Also, I believe the FWRH is much closer to their bottleneck than the DBRH is to the bridge.

I've played both sides since Vanilla as well, although I have always been more of an Alliance dog because they had Paladins first.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spammer of the Horde View Post
    Worst troll I've seen all day.

I don't like this bg on my alliance toon, because my teammates are usually bots.
    How exactly am I trolling again?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad Horde has 1 BG where there's a distinct advantage. Alliance has had easy AV wins for how many years now?

I play both sides so I'm really not bias either way. How would you change silvershard mines to make it more fair?
    No BGs should have a distinct advantage. And AV only favors alliance in a zerg (and annoying archers). Horde has stronger defense if played correctly.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I have like an 85 % win rate on both maps and lot of them are from alliance side aswell. Kotmogu is even and downright the most easy bg to carry as dps. silvershard mine can be biased for both sides. alliance has the ice area close to them and horde has bridge and tbh this is only one free cart.

Quote Originally Posted by gildra View Post
    I have like an 85 % win rate on both maps and lot of them are from alliance side aswell. Kotmogu is even and downright the most easy bg to carry as dps. silvershard mine can be biased for both sides. alliance has the ice area close to them and horde has bridge and tbh this is only one free cart.
    If you go in a group, you don't count. Solo queueing is a whole different experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Towers are another thing Horde had better. Dwarven bunkers were low, open, and easier to traverse. Orc towers are easier to fall off of while fighting, and easier to stand in and AOE, not to mention how much more you could barrage your enemy while up there.
    Strongly disagree here.

The Horde Towers are very easy to tap since you don't have to kill a single Archer for a successful tap.

On the Alliance Bunkers however you mostly have to kill at least one Archer to tap (I think Northbunker is an exception here).

Also, no one is defending towers initially, so the "defense" advantage of the Horde Towers is actually an advantage for the Alliance because it is very easy to prevent enemies from tapping the flag by spamming AoE, on the Alliance Bunkers this won't work because of those Pillars.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-02-15 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Strongly disagree here.

The Horde Towers are very easy to tap since you don't have to kill a single Archer for a successful tap.

On the Alliance Bunkers however you mostly have to kill at least one Archer to tap (I think Northbunker is an exception here).

Also, no one is defending towers initially, so the "defense" advantage of the Horde Towers is actually an advantage for the Alliance because it is very easy to prevent enemies from tapping the flag by spamming AoE, on the Alliance Bunkers this won't work because of those Pillars.
    I always hop in towers and defend as horde in AV. Its entirely possible to do and the fact that no one does is a playerbase issue, not a fault of the maps design.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    If you go in a group, you don't count. Solo queueing is a whole different experience.
    I was talking about solo... but hey someone with a good w/l must be qeueing as group right? the moments I qeue with a group I do rbgs instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gildra View Post
    Seeing as how you don't understand the basic issue I kinda doubt your 85% victory rate overall. You can of course prove me wrong easily, so how about doing that?

It's not just one free cart, it's about map control, mobility and the time it takes for the carts to cap. Horde usually controls lava cart which alone can pretty much win the game if you cap middle once or twice. We do this because the Alliance has to pass our spawn to even reach the lava lore. Our respawn will always reach it faster, we have better and easier access to it and more often then not we control it for the entire game. Same goes for middle cart altough our advantage is not as severe there.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post

Are you sure the statistics for EotS are correct? It showed I had 4 wins compared to over 100 games played while I according to EotS veteran achive progress was at 60-something. Checked again now: battles: 201, victories; 6. I seem to be too tired to read properly, as I can't find the statistics for rated EotS, but according to armory I've had six battles (plus one today), and I've not won any says armory but that's not right. I have won one (!) EotS rated because the other team never played, wintrades or w/e, I dunno.

As far as SSM goes, yes, it appears to be more in favour of Horde, 84 games, won 54. Not too alarmingly for my part though... haha, rated SSM battles: 7 (might be 8, actually) as opposed to 2 victories... who do I have to blow to get accepted into a decent rbg group...?

Edit: checked your warrior's armory, you have 63 victories in eye of the storm (check veteran progress), while statistics say 26.
    Last edited by Faenskap; 2013-02-16 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you not read? I said I have no bias. I play both horde and alliance.

And yes, in all out zerg (mostly every random AV), alliance does have a very distinct advantage. Can't even believe you'd try to argue something so cut and dry.
    Because he probably doesn't pvp, and a good counter it any argument is to say "X whining about bias? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" when you don't know what you're talking about.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Strongly disagree here.

My comments are about old AV, when people did in fact defend them. You are correct about the NPCs being different, but they are very easy to kill to begin with. Most people don't even defend anyway, so one person can run up and aggro them all while another caps.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Because he probably doesn't pvp, and a good counter it any argument is to say "X whining about bias? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" when you don't know what you're talking about.
    Sorry, saying you have no bias is a lie. Everyone has bias. Its just funny, and there wasn't an argument at that point. I was pointing out how silly it is for a Horde to be whining about BG bias. So how don't I know what I am talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    I only win silvershard mines in randoms when i bring my boomkin :/ as ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    I only win silvershard mines in randoms when i bring my boomkin :/ as ally.
    boomkin, frost mage and dk have pretty much the best toolset for peeling teams of the minecarts. the times I lost silvershard where the times I lost so hard because of those classes.

Deleted

You can cap all 8 towers without having to CC/Kill any mob. Pick your position better.