Graphics Card Help!

Hey guys,

I have a question about this new graphics card I just picked up last week. I got ASUS GTX660-DC2O-2GD5 GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I was able to get in my computer and then did I notice I needed a new power supply, because the one I have didn't have the right connectors for it. So after a quick trip to bestbuy, I was able to get Thermaltake - TR2-600NL2NC ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply

The power supply I was able to hookup no problem, plugged everything in the right way, into the GC and stuff. I turned on the computer and the GC turned on fan wise, but when I looked to the screens, it was saying that there was no connection and they both went to sleep (dual screens)

I don't know what else to do at this point really =/

10+ Year Old Account
    JUst covering all the bases here...

1) 24 Pin from PSU plugged into motherboard? (usually right)
    2) 4 Pin from PSU plugged into motherboard (usually top left)
    3) 6 Pin PCI-E plugged into the video card?
    4) Monitor actually plugged into back of video card, and not the motherboard?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I've ran into this same problem with a computer I'm working on. 24 pin is plugged in, 8 pin is plugged in, 6 pin is plugged in, and Monitor is plugged into it since MB has no onboard video. I've tried everything I can think of. Switched out video cards, tried different psu's, even tried molex to pci-e adapter. I'm generally a pretty good troubleshooter but I'm at a loss here.

Posting on behalf of my sister here...

She recently purchased a pre-built ASUS desktop from Best Buy, and bought a new graphics card for it (and power supply of course). We get it hooked up and everything, yet we've also been getting no connection to the monitor (it goes to sleep right away) and the fans on the card do turn on and everything. (Note that the card it came with works perfectly fine.)

The funny thing here? Her card is also a Geforce GTX 660 and I'm not sure, but possibly the same, or very similar power supply as what you mentioned. Not really sure what's going on here, but felt it was worth replying to this since it may be connected being the same graphics card (just about).

We've tried a few different things when hooking the card up, tried going into the BIOS to switch the card from Auto-Detect to the option for the PCI-E slot, I mean - just about everything. Any kind of reply would be awesome on this guy's post if anyone knows what's up with this. Best we can figure is it might just be DOA?

This is my CPU AMD Phenom II X4 965 AM3 3.4Ghz 512KB 45NM 125W 4000MHZ and the motherboard I have GIGABYTE AM3+ NVIDIA GeForce 7025/nForce 630a Chipset DDR3 1600 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard GA-M68MT-S2

I have 8gigs of memory as well. Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit for Core i3, i5, i7 and Platforms SDRAM CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

I have no idea why this isn't working... help would be much appreciated!

sometimes... you need to uninstall the old gpu completely and swipe all the files/drivers etc. that exists from it. Or it won't work. If you did that and it still doesn't work, use your igpu to get picture then install the card correctly and restart. If THAT doesn't work, remove your BIOS battery and eat dinner. After eating dinner, reseat the BIOS battery and power up your machine.

If it still isn't working holla back and we will go through a few more checkpoints

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    sometimes... you need to uninstall the old gpu completely and swipe all the files/drivers etc. that exists from it. Or it won't work. If you did that and it still doesn't work, use your igpu to get picture then install the card correctly and restart. If THAT doesn't work, remove your BIOS battery and eat dinner. After eating dinner, reseat the BIOS battery and power up your machine.

If it still isn't working holla back and we will go through a few more checkpoints

Cool thanks!

you have both pci-e 6 pin connectors plugged into the graphics card?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you open the case and take a picture of the motherboard with the connectors visible?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Hey, sorry for the late post back guys! I was able to get my card to work, however, it won't work in dual screen mode now... I can't figure out why... =x

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 02:36 AM ----------

Quick update! I was able to fix the problem, and my GC is now working ! I'm playing WoW with an amazing 175+ FPS

What did the trick for you? It's nice to know for people who might experience similar problems in the future.

I uninstalled the old GC drivers, and reinstalled the ones for my new card, turned off the computer and switched-out the cards!