Question [Specualation] Pandaren & Furbolgs related

-They are both bears. Yes Panda are apparently bears. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panda#C..._and_evolution

-Furthermore Pandaria is a land filled with many species related to existing sapient species that either deviated over time such as the Yangol or evolved through the power of the Vale such as the Jinyu.

-But they're are no Furbolg on Pandaria. On the other hand there are no Trogg either and they're apparently related to the Grummel (wrap your head around that one).

-They have nothing in common other than being bears. I can't think of a thing. Can you?

-They could also be related to Pandas. They're are at least two Panda cubs in game. Meng Meng and Luo Luo present at the Alliance and Horde Pandaren camps in their respective capitals.

Also just for trivia the generic Pandaren in W3 were Furbolgs painted panda-style.

I'm out of stuff for the moment. Anybody got something to add?

Comments? Questions? Anything? Anybody?

I believe in the dubious canon nature of the RPG books, it as mentioned that Furbolgs and Pandaren were "related" in some way. I could see this being acceptable. Some people think the Furbolg would make a good addition to the Alliance as a playable race. While I can agree in theory anyway, I don't think it will ever happen, especially now with the Pandaren around.

Also, even with the updated textures in Northrend, the Furbolg seem a lot more feral in their appearance than the Pandaren, who seem more gentle.

Still, they're both bear people. So there's that. Who knows?

(Though its also possible (speculated?) that the Pandaren were "uplifted" by the Mogu to act as servants, similar to the Saurok and the Grummle.)
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was pretty common knowledge that they shared a common ancestor.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably do.
    Most likely it's the same deal with the Tauren and Yaungol and Taunka.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this is fine and dandy, except for the fact that Pandaren are created by Mogu Flesh-Shapers as a servant race..
    And since Pandaren are created AFTER the sundering, it's not possible for Furbolg to have evolved from Pandaren, nor do they have common ancestors, as Pandaren have none..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    All this is fine and dandy, except for the fact that Pandaren are created by Mogu Flesh-Shapers as a servant race..
    Source? For as far as I know, Pandaren existed already and were enslaved. It's the Saurok that were created by flesh-shaping basilisks.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Maybe they come from the Furbolg or maybe they are just as old, and come from a different Ancient.

But unless Malfurion says "hey, I do remember seeing some black and white bear-guys around the Well of Eternity", we don't have a way to find out.

EDIT: And no, they were not created by the Mogu. Shaohao separated Pandaria from the rest of Kalimdor before the Sundering.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2013-02-12 at 11:10 AM.

I could see the two being related.