Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and if its a bear?
    Same thing..?

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    Because wild animals totally understand what guns are.
    They dont do so well with enlgish ether.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    Same thing..?

Something tells me that if you were to encounter either of those, you'd wet yourself before even remembering anything about a gun.

And also, what the heck does comprehending English have to do with guns?

hmm... depending on how far away wolves are known to live from denmark, this could be a dangerous wolf. if denmark is too far from where wild wolves are known to live, it could have been a human raised wolf that someone just dumped off to fend for itself. if that's the case, it's fear of humans would be shot, and it could be very dangerous.

however, if it's just a wild, lone wolf, it's gonna be pretty cowardly and run from any average size human.

Deleted
    It is not such a big deal really, keep your dog inside a safe place for a while until the authorities either catch the wolf or it leaves the area.Like most other posters have pointed out already, a wolf will try to avoid you.If it were a bear I'd be worried, those bastards can get into your house if hungry and mess up everything so bad you'd think a natural disaster ravaged your house, and when you think of it that kinda is true .

well speaking biologically, wolves and dogs belong to same family so at first place need not to be afraid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Something tells me that if you were to encounter either of those, you'd wet yourself before even remembering anything about a gun.

And also, what the heck does comprehending English have to do with guns?
    I hunt and kill both of these species regularly (black bear and coyote), I only hunt coyote for the fur and because farmers pay me to keep there live stock alive (coyote are notorious for eating new born calf's). I hunt bear for the meat as well as the fur.

Edit: Also you don't really need to worry about your dog, yea if he gets into a fight with the wolf it could be injured, but believe it or not both species (domestic K9 and non) treat each other much like you would expect two domestic dogs. They'll roll up to each-other and sniff each-others asses and move on.

It's actually common practice to hunt coyote with dogs. (the dog lures them in from a distance to the hunter)

Deleted
    How the?!?! Did it take the bridge over to Denmark or something? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    Same thing..?

shooting a bear in the face with a 9mm will do little more than make it angry.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    hmm... depending on how far away wolves are known to live from denmark, this could be a dangerous wolf. if denmark is too far from where wild wolves are known to live, it could have been a human raised wolf that someone just dumped off to fend for itself. if that's the case, it's fear of humans would be shot, and it could be very dangerous.

however, if it's just a wild, lone wolf, it's gonna be pretty cowardly and run from any average size human.
    Well that's a good point. If it was, say, raised in a zoo, it might not be as human-fearing. But in any case, most animals tend to hate the bright lights and loud noises of urban areas, so if OP lives in a city, it should be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Denmark, wolves have been exterminated. As a matter of fact, it's quite a ways away from any wolf populations, so I guess it would be newsworthy if one was spotted.
    I figured as much. In that case, absolutely no reason to be worried. Quite the opposite. Wolves are all over the place here, and I never had a problem with them. Matter of fact, I would leave some food out for a single wolf because they're pretty non-problematic without their pack. Wolves are no hero and have zero courage when they are alone. A single wolf would become little more than a scavenger. A pack is what gives them their courage to attack risky prey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    How the?!?! Did it take the bridge over to Denmark or something? xD
    There's actually some wolves in Poland. That's not TOO far away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    For starters Wolves are just a type of wild dog. They are large and can be dangerous, just like a large dog can be dangerous.
    Remember Humans made Wolves virtually extinct in Western Europe and nearly extinct in the USA. Canada and Russia still have large numbers of wolves.

Odds are it is an Escaped semi domestic Wolf anyway and it is hunting food in rubbish bins.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I figured as much. In that case, absolutely no reason to be worried. Quite the opposite. Wolves are all over the place here, and I never had a problem with them. Matter of fact, I would leave some food out for a single wolf because they're pretty non-problematic without their pack. Wolves are no hero and have zero courage when they are alone. A single wolf would become little more than a scavenger. A pack is what gives them their courage to attack risky prey.
    And even then, bothering humans overmuch is simply too much of a risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people really have this thin a grasp on reality?

Ether your very young (and thusly not your fault and I'm not trying to insult you) or this is a prime example of ignorance to reality.

Deleted
    There's actually some wolves in Poland. That's not TOO far away.
    Oh ok,lol. Thought we only had wolves in the northern parts of Europe.

If you see it just put your arms up in the air and make the chewbacca noise. That'll scare the shit out of anyone.

I don't recommend doing this to a bear however..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    For starters Wolves are just a type of wild dog. They are large and can be dangerous, just like a large dog can be dangerous.
    Remember Humans made Wolves virtually extinct in Western Europe and nearly extinct in the USA. Canada and Russia still have large numbers of wolves.

Odds are it is an Escaped semi domestic Wolf anyway and it is hunting food in rubbish bins.
    Yeah a lone wolf is little more than a stray. Granted a big stray, but you get my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Well if you are super luck and hit the nasal cavity or the eye socket it will die instantly. if unlucky the bullet will graze the bone and do nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you are super luck and hit the nasal cavity or the eye socket it will die instantly. if unlucky the bullet will graze the bone and do nothing.
    would you really want to leave it to chance though? those bear claws hurt an awful lot.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's highly unlikely that it would graze bone and never enter the skull. Besides I wouldn't aim for the head, I'd aim for anything bear.