Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    You have clearly not encountered a pissed off elk. It battled my dads old Sierra on the highway, the sierra lost. :>
    are we talking North American Elk or European Elk?

ie

Elk (North America - Big and scary Not as big as a moose but dat would mess your day)

Elk (Europe, da fuc it's a moose)

--Eit for humor--
    Da dawg is like WOW that's a big meaty bone.

Norwegian Elkhound
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2013-02-12 at 08:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personnally i would think ohh its a wolf mehhhh .but until i started dating a lovely danish girl i didnt realise how fearful you poor danes are of nature especially anything bigger than a house cat.

Like last time you got invaded by a battle moose straight from those evil swedes, was like watching a nordic version of godzilla versus tokyo with moosezilla instead.

But generally a wolf wont attack alone smaller animals possibly just dont hit this one with a train lol.
    Faith Manages

Deleted
    A wolf has been sighted in denmark
    You danish people are weird..... Had a good laugh tho, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    well whatever you do, dont run away from it. that would activate its chase instinct..
    im from Denmark as well, and i remeber that in the news and evening shows, there was many animal experts being interviewed. All of them told that there were no reason to be afraid, because it was a single wolf. they also came with alot of different advices on how to deal with it - like dont run, spread your arms out so that you look big etc, and walk away in a slow/ normal pace. about your dog, i dont know - but as far as i can recall from all the experts from tv, there are only a very litttle chance that the wolf would get near any buildings since there are alot of deers only few KM away from where the wolf was spottet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Elk (Europe, da fuc it's a moose)
    Language barrier :/ I meant moose, those big fucks with 2meter long legs and 2000lbs bodies on top of that. Horrible creatures.

Edit: Look at this bastard. It dwarfs the forest around it. Godawful beings.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-02-12 at 09:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Language barrier :/ I meant moose, those big fucks with 2meter long legs and 2000lbs bodies on top of that. Horrible creatures.
    Just checking was it vehicle vs big enough to dent and shatter windows, or Vehicle vs time to get a new vehicle.

just for people who have never seen a Moose.

Think a deer the size of the largest Horse with antlers made out of heavy shovels.
    I lived in Alaska for 1 year, Moose and Bears were the two scary animals that would walk into town.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2013-02-12 at 09:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Just checking was it vehicle vs big enough to dent and shatter windows, or Vehicle vs time to get a new vehicle.
    Well, we didn't hit the moose, it hit us. It was just standing on the road looking dumb and refusing to move so my father blinked the lights and honked. Mr. Moose did not approve of this behavior and decided our car was on the list of shit he was going to destroy that day. There was barely anything for the tow truck to tow. He bought a Volvo after the sierras unfortunate demise.

To give you a better image of the destruction. The motor was touching the ground and both front tires were flattened. If I remember correctly the front window actually made it, sorta. shattered but in one piece.

Pretty much like this xD: http://www.mulvaneemergencyservices....k%201-1-08.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-02-12 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    There's 1 wolf in the entire of Denmark. And you're scared of him... that's like saying there's one criminal somewhere in a random country and you think he's in your back yard.

Seriously, it's one wolf, and even if it truly is one, the media is known for exagerating stuff.

P.S.: It's an illegal immigrant wolf, petition your gouvernment to deport him.

I hear Coyotes fighting in the woods behind my house every day of the week during the summer.

Who cares about a wolf? It's just a wild animal like any other.

Deleted
    That is very nice to see they still thrive the world, like other animals.

Are you serious? You are scared because of ONE wolf sighted somewhere in your country? Buahahah? :P You made my day bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    And im actually a bit scared of it. I don't know much about wolves but according to the news aired yesterday, it could actually be sleeping out in my backyard at this very moment. I honestly think im gonna carry atleast a small knife with me whenever i go out just to be able to have SOME kind of weapon to fight with in case it might need it.

I'm afraid my dog could be in danger aswell, as he got a doggie door that allows him to go outside whenever he wants/needs to. What if the wolf sees him as free dinner?

Could anyone give me a good reason not to be even a little bit afraid of this bastard? And dont give me that crap about it being afraid of me. For all we know it could be fucked up on rabies and what not.
    LOL. People.

You're doing it wrong, dude. You're not supposed to crap your pants, it's good news. The wolf has been completely extinct in your parts for 200 years or something. No, he's not gonna attack your house with 250 friends, eat your chicken, your eyes and your baby and drink all your booze.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    These little bastards were terrorizing a farm near where I live, they had eaten 4 new born calf's (as soon as the calf hits the ground they start tearing into it, they eat the placenta first). The farmer finally called me to put a stop to the killing of his live stock. I gladly obliged to save the lives of the cute little calfy's!!

are you sure those are wolves? cause like... our coyotes are bigger than that. i think those are coyotes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    are you sure those are wolves? cause like... our coyotes are bigger than that. i think those are coyotes.
    Yah them be Coyote.

They are gorgeous dogs, and a huge nuisance.

They love to eat domestic cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    These little bastards were terrorizing a farm near where I live, they had eaten 4 new born calf's (as soon as the calf hits the ground they start tearing into it, they eat the placenta first). The farmer finally called me to put a stop to the killing of his live stock. I gladly obliged to save the lives of the cute little calfy's!!

That's funny because when I put that picture into google images it says those are coyotes. Also it was some sort of annual hunt tournament competition, not some farmer having issues with calfs.
    "There's something terribly pretentious about being afraid of "rape" for no specific reason. Most woman aren't half as desirable as they think themselves to be. " - Arganis

Deleted
    Unless you live far out in the countryside, you have nothing to worry about. Wolves, unless diseased, won't come too close to habitation.
    If you do live out in the country side, start looking after your dog.

In either case, I would still be more worried about other dogs then about a wolf.

Deleted
    To bad more then likely it will be killed just like the 1rst bear in Germany in over 100 years. Its ironic the Western World condemns hunting of Animals in other parts of the world while ignoring their own backyards.

Deleted
    God damnit stop being afrait of wolves...

NO wolve will ever attack a human ... never. A normal badly trained dog is a much, much , much more danger then a wild wolve.

Even boars are way more dangerous then wolves.

Educate yourself, I hate people overreacting on wolves.

As I dane, it seems to me like you were just looking for something interesting to post about. This is hardly scary or anything. If you truely are affraid, you should educate yourself a bit on these animals.

our county allows coyote hunting all year round. like $50 a tail you turn in. quite the problem around towns/cities here because they're very adaptable and can thrive in urban areas. thankfully, none have ever gotten our cats. i'd say it's because the ones around here tend to stay alone, and our dogs are always loose.