Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ for ignorance.
    Wolves are not like they depict in moves like "the Grey" they run from humans.

Deleted
    Wolves are packhunters, so i wouldn't be afraid of my own safety if i were you, since it's just one. But they are known to take lifestocks and pets, but if it's a big dog you got i wouldn't worry. or maybe if your yard is sealed off it's probably okay. If not, stay on the lookout for a bit, don't leave your dog outside. but you really shouldn't worry about YOU getting attacked by the wolf.

But honestly, are you scared of every single semi big dog that comes around? i wouldn't think so.

Apparently after having the Badger as the biggest landwalking carnivore, the Danes has really gone soft. And honestly, that's sad (Im Danish myself). The most interesting animals are often the bigger carnivora species.

In Germany we have 3 packs (or more?). No human was ever attacked yet.
    And they are here for a couple of years now. And it is all natural that they attack smaller or equal sized animals. Bigger in packs ofc.

And the MOST important fact: They kill only when they're hungry or threatened!!!!

So don't go and hunt them alone when they're hungry and outnumber you...

Deleted
    wolves are pack animals. they are scared of humans, and won't attack alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephlim View Post
    10+ for ignorance.
    Wolves are not like they depict in moves like "the Grey" they run from humans.
    No logic in this thread! He's scared of the one wolf in his entire country!!! I'm surprised he hasn't bunkered down in his underground shelter yet!

My entire home state is laughing at you, I had bears and wolves who lived outside my front door as a kid. I'm sure you can manage. >.<

I seriously can't stop laughing at this this thread and the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    You live in århus, you dont face an actual risk of running into one D:
    Like I said before, relax buddy.
    Even if you run into it, which i doubt you do as they usually live in or near forests, they are more afraid of you then you are of them. Besides, wolves are not aggresive by nature, as long as it's not starving or feels threatended, which it usually only does if it got cubs, it won't attack you.
    The rumor that wolves are evil man-eaters is a lie which is mostly due to all those fairy tales and kids stories.
    So just relax buddy.

Wolves generally are not dangerous to humans; nothing to lose sleep over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osyrus View Post
    The problem with this is '100s' of year.
    Thats a down right lie. Honestly. Its because your wildlife protection agency does not want people actively searching/hunting/killing the wolves as they have done in the past.

Just as in the northeastern part of the USA not having 'large cats' (cougars). Liars. They just dont want people afraid.
    'People are dumb panicky and stupid' and will go out and hunt these animals because of missrepresentation and fear.

BTW friend works for the Dept of Wildlife peeps- hence my info
    The only lie could be the "s" in 100s, but surely more than 100 years. When wolves were hunted to extinction in Germany there were no protection agencies and people were proud of the fact. And Denmark, a peninsula without mountains or large forests and several islands is an unlikely refuge.

Deleted
    2 more and a moon and you can make a jumper that makes you a real man.

Seriously though, unless you have spotted it in your own garden, then your in no danger at all. Wolves are shy and keep away from humans.

Lol a wolf. Wolves are afraid of humans. Just go outside when your dog has to go potty, and put something in front of the dog door to block your dog from going out whenever it wants.

Meanwhile in Australia and sub-Saharan Africa.
    Last edited by muto; 2013-02-12 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mannenabo View Post
    wolves are really timid, they will do you no harm
    Hippocratic Wolves?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Lol a wolf. Wolves are afraid of humans. Just go outside when your dog has to go potty, and put something in front of the dog door to block your dog from going out whenever it wants.
    A lone wolf isn't going to attack a dog unless it's a Chihuahua or something. Also, the scent of man will keep it away from the house.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this is puts things in perspective:

Copy pasted from the explanation of the comic:

Denmark is an incredibly safe aka. uneventful place to live.

We have the least corrupt politicians and law enforcements in the world. We have a low crime rate, and we have never had something like a serial killer because the country is so small that if you kill someone you will have nowhere to hide, and we have a good relationship with our surrounding countries so if you try to hide in any of them, the Danish police will be called up by Sweden/Norway/Germany and asked, “Hey, we have a weird Dane running around. You’re looking for him or something?”
    Even our nature is ridiculously safe. We have no nature catastrophes like hurricanes, earthquakes or big forest fires. No mountains to fall from. Our biggest predator is the fox, and our only poisonous snake is only sort of lethal if your old or sick.

So when a moose swam from Sweden to Denmark, we freaked out! Because what if it stepped on someone!?
    It either got shot or hit by a train (can't remember which) but believe me, if it was still around it would most likely have killed someone, because Danes have no idea what to do around big wild animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulduru
    He is the hero that Azeroth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. And so we'll mock his alpha prediction. Because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent poster, a watchful dataminer....The MMO Champion.

Hitz From Dah Boing

Skoging that is spot on. We're a country that has been safe from any dangerous things. No dangerous spiders, snakes, wasps and our most dangerous predator in the wild is a mere badger or a fox.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Skoging that is spot on. We're a country that has been safe from any dangerous things. No dangerous spiders, snakes, wasps and our most dangerous predator in the wild is a mere badger or a fox.
    Just ghosts, swords, and poisons in your ears.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

We had a wolf in Gothenburg 2 weeks ago, people got 4 meters near it, it didn't do anything. Wolves aren't bad

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't the little red hood girl in the story. You don't have to be scared.

"tend to" not as in " will avoid you at every fucking cost available like a frigging squirel."
    Considering it's a single wolf in an Area full of wild game I think you have a better chance of being hit by a car than you do bitten by the wolf.
    Also if your yard is fenced in I doubt the wolf would put in the effort to get inside since their is edible wildlife in the area.

If you got no fence, put the dog inside and seal up the doggy door until the wolf is caught or you have taken the proper precautions to make a wolf steer clear of your yard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i thought alligators are fine if you leave them alone. btw op yeah if your scared of wolves do yourself a favor dont ever travel to alaska. they have much bigger things than wolves there.
    Yeah, like wolves are......
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose