Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    Sure what is it?

I dont believe if he still worked on SWTOR that we wouldnt hear from him at all. He use to be all over but when is the last time you have seen anything with him relating to SWTOR?

Or you could just make a wize ass remark instead because you cant actually show anything recently.(basically since the rumor of he being fired)
    Or they just realized that he is awful at being in videos. Also the rumor of him being fired started back in the Spring and Joveth posted in the fall to say he is still there and that he was just letting other people appear in things more. Unless you have something more then "ahmg he's disappeared from the public eye he must be fired" it would be fantastic if people would stop bringing this nonsense up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Or they just realized that he is awful at being in videos. Also the rumor of him being fired started back in the Spring and Joveth posted in the fall to say he is still there and that he was just letting other people appear in things more. Unless you have something more then "ahmg he's disappeared from the public eye he must be fired" it would be fantastic if people would stop bringing this nonsense up.
    Your right, the first person in the last video they did talking about the Gree is so much better at being on video.

Lets also believe anything someone that Bioware says. Maybe if you had more proof than joveth said he wasnt then I could believe that he was still there.

Your right, the first person in the last video they did talking about the Gree is so much better at being on video.

Lets also believe anything someone that Bioware says. Maybe if you had more proof than joveth said he wasnt then I could believe that he was still there.
    Wasn't it mentioned that his linkedin page still lists him as working at BioWare? That seems like a pretty good indication. Generally people like him are going to find another job very quickly after leaving somewhere, so we'd see him listed as working elsewhere.

They've had announcements for major departures in the past, and big layoffs, so why wouldn't they have one for him?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Wasn't it mentioned that his linkedin page still lists him as working at BioWare? That seems like a pretty good indication. Generally people like him are going to find another job very quickly after leaving somewhere, so we'd see him listed as working elsewhere.

They've had announcements for major departures in the past, and big layoffs, so why wouldn't they have one for him?
    James Ohlen
    Creative Director
    BioWare Austin
    2006 – Present (7 years)

Copied from his Linkedin page.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you trying to be more controversial and angsty just so people will respond to you? If you're going to be angry, at least pick something to found your anger on instead of directing it at several people who are proving you wrong.

Helpful Forum Tip #217
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Are you trying to be more controversial and angsty just so people will respond to you? If you're going to be angry, at least pick something to found your anger on instead of directing it at several people who are proving you wrong.

Helpful Forum Tip #217
    They havent proven me wrong. Joveth saying something doesnt mean squat. Linkendin also doesnt mean anything as Daniels case has shown.

The first was he didnt do videos because he sucked at them. But instead they have this other guy that is ever worse than him doing them?

Danield E linkadin also had him listed as working still for Bioware for a while when the rumors of his getting canned were out there. YOu didnt hear anything form him either and soon enough he was gone.

He is totally silent. Isnt he the lead designer? and not a peep from him?

Im not going to take nothing and accept it as proof, sorry.

Deleted
    They havent proven me wrong. Joveth saying something doesnt mean squat. Linkendin also doesnt mean anything as Daniels case has shown.

The first was he didnt do videos because he sucked at them. But instead they have this other guy that is ever worse than him doing them?

Danield E linkadin also had him listed as working still for Bioware for a while when the rumors of his getting canned were out there. YOu didnt hear anything form him either and soon enough he was gone.

He is totally silent. Isnt he the lead designer? and not a peep from him?

Im not going to take nothing and accept it as proof, sorry.
    Proof that your opinion is wrong? Surely the onus is on you to prove he has been fired? His silence is proof enough for you that he's been fired and yet a BW employee's word and Ohlen's Linkedin page is less valuable as evidence? Is that really your stance on this?

You're entitled to your opinion and may it always serve you well. I disagree but I guess it doesn't really matter to anyone except the Ohlen family where Sir James currently plies his trade.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-02-13 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Proof that your opinion is wrong? Surely the onus is on you to prove he has been fired?
    Not to be totally OT but... Does anyone else feel like this is a ancient aliens argument?
    Its like... We can't disprove that aliens didn't visit us in the past... But the job of proving it should really be theirs, not ours.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Sure what is it?

I dont believe if he still worked on SWTOR that we wouldnt hear from him at all. He use to be all over but when is the last time you have seen anything with him relating to SWTOR?

Or you could just make a wize ass remark instead because you cant actually show anything recently.(basically since the rumor of he being fired)
    He posted on the Dev Tracker for the release of patch 1.4 back in September. Click this link. The rumor of him being fired was back in August. Now shut up and go back into your hole. You're so utterly and completely misinformed constantly and yet back you come to be proven wrong time and time again. Can't you take a hint? You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Also, when Erickson got shitcanned/quit, it was made public nearly immediately by Erickson. Why would it be any different for Ohlen? Because his higher authority in Bioware makes it less newsworthy as opposed to the opposite?
    Last edited by notorious98; 2013-02-13 at 02:06 AM.

That second guy is a dumbass. Hey we brought you another one of those crap packs! Guess what! we ruined your purchases before but now you can pay us for them again!

Then he suggests to get the friggin rocket boots. They are 2 million credits, not something casually bought (F2Pers and preferred its impossible). Did they lower the price? I'm sure that would piss off many who saved up for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    ...Then he suggests to get the friggin rocket boots. They are 2 million credits, not something casually bought (F2Pers and preferred its impossible). Did they lower the price? I'm sure that would piss off many who saved up for it.
    Boots should now be free if you unlock legacy. That's why he brought it up. Free rocket boots for legacy level 1.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-02-13 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Boots should now be free if you unlock legacy. That's why he brought it up. Free rocket boots for legacy level 1.
    hmm well i logged in today and i didnt get them. still said i had to pay 2 million credits.

For me, Wildstar, doesnt look appealing, but the anime shorts were awesome. i would like to see a TV show or movie, it had a lot of humor and was just fun to watch.

I really want Star Citizen to be good, just hope they can pull it off and not turn into vaporware or be crap.

I um, hope I'm not alone, but I would be totally keen on one of those painted-on tuxedos for my ship droid.

More meaty content in the Cartel Market rather than just the fluff in the packs would be really nice, though, and I think it'd be healthier for their bottom line.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    hmm well i logged in today and i didnt get them. still said i had to pay 2 million credits.
    Same here. I have no idea what was the point of mentioning something that was already there and known to be 2 million then lol...

"once you hit lvl 10 and unlock your legacy jump into the market and purchase the new comer bundle which gives you a speeder and go into your legacy tree and unlock the rocket boost option" Core Butler

so listening to him for hte last 5 times I an surmize that you ONLY get the rocket boost unlock AFTER purchasing the starter bundle. this is NOT retroactive for all players and is ONLY for those that purchase the starter bundle. and its only rocket boost lvl 1.

this is why those looking for that unlock can not get it i just checked my own legacy and i too have to pay the 2 mil

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    so listening to him for hte last 5 times I an surmize that you ONLY get the rocket boost unlock AFTER purchasing the starter bundle. this is NOT retroactive for all players and is ONLY for those that purchase the starter bundle. and its only rocket boost lvl 1.
    I think fans and disgruntled fans alike can agree that this guy shall be dubbed Corey Douchler. Does anyone on the official boards notice what a jackass this guy is? Or is it just us? He alternates between acting like his job makes him king of the world (which it probably does to EA), selling us golden shit piles like it's the cure for cancer, and then giving a 101 lesson in how to communicate poorly to confuse your players.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    and then giving a 101 lesson in how to communicate poorly to confuse your players.
    I think that's something that has been taught to nearly every Bioware employee upon hire. It's not like he's the first to accomplish this task.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I think that's something that has been taught to nearly every Bioware employee upon hire. It's not like he's the first to accomplish this task.
    Certainly not, but from his tone and expressions it's almost like he relishes the fact that you aren't going to have any clue what he actually just said to you. The others are at least an awkward bunch of people who feel like they can't communicate from a combination of not knowing themselves what is going on and having people above them change everything on a whim.

This is more of a direct, I know you are going to take this the wrong way because I'm saying it that way on purpose.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    "once you hit lvl 10 and unlock your legacy jump into the market and purchase the new comer bundle which gives you a speeder and go into your legacy tree and unlock the rocket boost option" Core Butler

this is why those looking for that unlock can not get it i just checked my own legacy and i too have to pay the 2 mil
    I'm speechless...seriously not a classy thing at all.