Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebla View Post
    I so feel this way as well. I see all the talk in here about Arcane being tops and whatever. But, I love Frost so much and I feel like I do it better with it than I would with the other two specs. I am always top (or very close) damage in LFR (yeah it's lfr, I know) and I do well enough in our guild raids that I don't feel like I am hampering the group. Our co-raid leader, though, is down on the spec and wants me to go Fire or Arcane because he thinks the damage will be better. After all, 99% of the talk in here for PVE is for Fire and Arcane, but I am not really convinced that the damage delta is that great. There seem to be too few Frost raiders to really get some good discussion and numbers.

Then again, maybe I am just stuck with my head in the sand.
    We stand together brother. If you ever get kicked out of your guild for being frost, join mine. I'm the GM and would never kick a frost mage

-Akraen, head of the refuge for all shunned frost mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I'm playing frost. If frost is too bad and I can't keep up, I stop raiding.
    i'm having the same state of mind there but i would reroll for the fact i do love raiding as of 5.2 going frost all the way!! i just been lucky enough to be in a guild that i can play frost in heroics granted there are times where I CHOOSE to be another spec becuz i dont think i'm doing well but i do the best i can...i just know i can do much better

I'll probably wind up frequently rotating between all three specs while ensuring I perpetually remain in gold poverty.

....Stupid ADD.

I just can't see how anyone could play frost while raiding. I almost would rather tank instead. Talk about a spec that requires almost 0 skill. I just don't see how that is fun in the least. PVP as frost is boring enough, but raiding as one, I just can't comprehend. This is coming from a top 20 arcane mage in 10 man guilds.

Nothing against those who like it, but I would re-roll if that were the case. I honestly don't see why arcane or fire at this point should be changed much, other than the fire crit/damage situation, the play style is actually fairly interesting. But frost is just braindead play to me. Not fun.
    Last edited by cockaroo; 2013-02-15 at 09:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cockaroo View Post
    I just can't see how anyone could play frost while raiding. I almost would rather tank instead. Talk about a spec that requires almost 0 skill. I just don't see how that is fun in the least. PVP as frost is boring enough, but raiding as one, I just can't comprehend. This is coming from a top 20 arcane mage in 10 man guilds.

Nothing against those who like it, but I would re-roll if that were the case. I honestly don't see why arcane or fire at this point should be changed much, other than the fire crit/damage situation, the play style is actually fairly interesting. But frost is just braindead play to me. Not fun.
    Cool, a new troll.
    Sorry, but can you explain why you feel so "braindead" about the Frost spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    Cool, a new troll.
    Sorry, but can you explain why you feel so "braindead" about the Frost spec?
    I think it would be more constructive to provide why you don't. I'm not trolling, this is just my opinion, but can you tell me why you are vehemently against this belief?

Deleted
    First, you just give your opinion without telling what your reason for so mush dislike.
    Second, they're is so much troll/whine here and your post have the same flavor.
    third, I only ask did give more detail to your assumption.

I stayed loyal to Fire even after the huge nerf after 5.1 so I am not going to change. I love the Fire playstyle and now with the ability to have both scorch and PoM plus the 2,5 secs Invocation, I am certain Fire will be much more fun.

Deleted
    Sharing my opinion from last days of PTR 10man HC testing:

- With the scaled Ilvl (537 for the last boss) of yesterday, fire is far superior single-target-wise to the actual state of arcane. The amount of crit (42% buffed + 1.3 mass multiplier) makes it also fluid and fun to play.
    - frost is roughly at the same level as arcane now, also due to bad gear scaling.
    - Arcane really sucks, RoP not really viable, Invo + Resetting really sucks with both haste and mastery to play and dps-wise...

fire was about 30k ahead for me for last fight (twin consorts), i tried both (fire/arcane) about 45mins. Logs are not working though to share with u

Dreamworx you forget one huge thing. To reach ilvl 537 will be a hard job for non-hc raiders. Moreover we will start the new raid with approx ~ilvl499-507...(Unfortunatelly I am ilvl493 because of bad luck on drops/coins) To begin the new raid will be more interesting, than on the high end.

Oh i'll suck it up and play whatever comes out as being the best DPS because I can't afford to not min/max.

...would really like to play fire though.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Frost spec is retarded and I agree with it. I, personally, might just play fire, regardless of the absolutly fucked up state it is in.

Deleted
    I'll continue playing Frost because I like it. If Fire pulls ahead I will try it, it used to be a quick and fun spec to play.

I'm sure no one (except maybe a few select special individuals) will play the 1-button spec after it's not that overpowered anymore. It's plain dumb by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Oh i'll suck it up and play whatever comes out as being the best DPS because I can't afford to not min/max.
    You know, that bolded/underlined sentence mixed with your name, sig, and avatar, forces me to think of 8-bit theater/the 8-bit FFI comics where Red Mage is a twinking, min/max character XD

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cockaroo View Post
    I just can't see how anyone could play frost while raiding. I almost would rather tank instead. Talk about a spec that requires almost 0 skill.
    Erm... You DO realize that Frost requires more attention and skill to play and Fire and Arcane combined, right?

(Not saying it's hard, but Fire and especially Arcane are /yawn. Frost actually gets me flustered from time to time if I get a plethora of proccs during Heroism)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

12/16 Heroic and I have played frost the 95% of the time.

Happy to see buffs and excited for the patch. Though I don't like my elemental becoming a mindless casting zombie.
    Hoping the gear scaling doesn't make frost take a back seat. I enjoy it

If they keep things like this atm... Arcane gona suck with evocation removing chargres... and knowing Fire is a specc but no one knows how Fire will go with average 500 ilvl atm...So basically we might switch and have shitty rng again untill higher ilvl..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mejn View Post
    and knowing Fire is a specc but no one knows how Fire will go with average 500 ilvl atm..
    There is nothing wrong with fire..

Deleted
    fire will be indeed best, sup Manito

I'm probably going to do what a lot of other Mages are doing and go Fire for early progression. Arcane will take some learning/live theorycrafting before it's all hammered down. Can't really go wrong with having both Scorch and PoM.

I've spent most of my time (after the Fire nerfs) building a Haste-heavy Arcane set. Thusly, I plan to go Frost if Arcane goes under, at least for the first few weeks. Once it is clear whether Fire has a marginal lead over the other specs, I may start collecting crit gear and go that route. It should be noted I min/max for heroic progression; a "viable" spec is not good enough for me if I could be the "optimal" spec in my raid. If I could truly play 'anything' according to numbers, my preference would be Frost or Fire equally. As people have pointed out, they now have a pretty similar rotation flavor. Add to that -- all specs have a dot, all have a cleave, all (still) have an annoying lvl 90 maintenance talent.

In my opinion the devs could more easily accomplish their stated goal of 'balancing' the specs by completely dissolving 2 out of the 3 specs, leaving only 1 per dps class.

It's not something I necessarily advocate -- but isn't it the same thing as homogenizing 3 specs and tweaking their numbers to be the same? Not really getting the logic here. :/