Poll: If you had the option to choose the Alpha worgen model, would you?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yup. /10characters
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Deleted
    Nope, I actually quite like the current model, something about the alpha model just looks off. Think I've maybe just got used to the current model.

Deleted
    At least we know that even blizzard employees said that the remodel of the female worgen was a mistake, what i dont understand is why we still have that buggy model as the ONLY option :/

Seriously? This thread again? Come on, we have the current worgen. Deal with it >_>

I'm 100% sure that if the live models were the alpha models an vice versa, we would have the exact same threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I'm 100% sure that if the live models were the alpha models an vice versa, we would have the exact same threads.
    there will be complainers in either case, but when the majority finds ridiculous amounts of flaws in a live retail version of a character model, which has yet to be fixed, AND the original Alpha version of the model never had, I think there is a justifiable reason for it to be reevaluated.

Besides, the only people who complained about alpha worgen were the people who were afraid of furries getting into the game, and look what that got us for a live model...
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Its time to let go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Seriously? This thread again? Come on, we have the current worgen. Deal with it >_>
    The current worgen are precisely the reason we continue to fight for different options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    Its time to let go.
    Never forget, never surrender.

The only thing I like about the alpha was the eyes. Otherwise, current model all the way.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I laughed at the "critter rabbit model" quality. xD But yeah. The goblins look pretty much mop quality, but the worgen....well... TBC races have less clipping problems then both the worgen models.
    Also, let's compare animations:
    Alpha female worgen (casting):

Beta female worgen (casting):
    It was mentioned earlier it looks like Blizz directly ported the alpha animations over to the beta model. The beta model was a lot wider in the midsection, all around larger in the head, and also I believe a bit shorter. Which led to some of the biology-defying moves it does like stabbing itself with a shield, or snapping their neck to cast a spell.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Beta casting is just horrible... just for the fact that with the Alpha, she moved her neck to keep eye contact with who or what they were attacking/healing. The Beta model flails her head around to the point I'm surprised she doesn't have whiplash.
    Last edited by Chadina; 2013-02-18 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

Deleted
    No.
    Since i wont ever make a Worgen, but even if i had to make one, i would prefer the live models.
    Except if the old models have reworked textures.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    there will be complainers in either case, but when the majority finds ridiculous amounts of flaws in a live retail version of a character model, which has yet to be fixed, AND the original Alpha version of the model never had, I think there is a justifiable reason for it to be reevaluated.

Besides, the only people who complained about alpha worgen were the people who were afraid of furries getting into the game, and look what that got us for a live model...
    What this guy said! The main problem is the Live is buggy and has about ten times as many bugs as the alpha. That's ass backwards. Why would we want a cleaner model replaced with a buggier one?

Sig by Isilrien

The derpchihuahua has huge, bulging bedroom eyes that stare in two directions, an extreme kitty cat smile when looked at in the front (and her lower lip is pulled upward to make that), and a Running Wild pose that has her rear end in the air like she is in heat.

How is -ANYONE- okay with this? How can -ANYONE- look at that and go, "Awww yeah! -THIS- is what a fierce wolf woman should be gaiz!"

Anyone who says that the alpha female worgen looks like a fox more than a wolf does not know what a fox and a wolf look like. The alpha female worgen was definitely wolf-like. Even if she was more fox-like, she would STILL closer to a wolf in appearance than the freakin' sultry-eyed chihuahua! There is very little resembling a wolf on the beta female worgen model.

No, it is NOT opinion that the live model is more wolf-like than the alpha. It is -FACT-. It's called anatomy!

When I first returned to the Alliance I went worgen for the racial.
    Only a few months later did I realize I literally could not stand staring at the model and I screwed the racials and went Draenei.

The face is absolutely disgusting to me. The eyes just creep me out for some reason - I always had the T8 or T13 helm on to hide that grossness.
    Also the downright absolute lack of expression because of the derp snarl.
    There was literally no immersion for the character; It was ugly. It never changed.

I wasn't around for the Cataclysm beta but I know for a fact I would have been among the supporters to keep the alpha model - Or at least brush it up.
    I'm extremely disappointed with the live model - Worgen are overall one of my favorite races in the game and I literally cannot bring myself to play one other than my male druid just due to how ugly the females are.
    (I'd play more male worgen but my main is now over on Horde and I need to focus on that faction.)

Why is this all about females? i bought cata on day one expecting this

I was SEVERELY disappointed @_@ I WANT MEH WORGEN HAIR
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I don't mind the live male worgen so much because he better resembles the NPC model than the alpha male worgen. However, I do dislike that the live male worgen, and female worgen, have fewer customization options than the alphas. I would love a gentlemanly male worgen and all the "GRR CONSTANTLY RAEGING" faces make it impossible. I say bring back the alpha models for more customization.

Deleted
    I don't understand how Blizzard thought ditching the alpha model was a good idea. It was brilliant compared to the current one :I

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Why is this all about females? i bought cata on day one expecting this

[snip images]

I was SEVERELY disappointed @_@ I WANT MEH WORGEN HAIR
    Because the female worgen are in a pitiful state right now and need a lot of work and love to bring them up to something that's remotely acceptable as a Cataclysm model. The male worgen fall a bit short, too, but they're not on nearly the same level as their female counterparts.

Sig by Isilrien