Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    I love that the price for the game goes down less than a week after I bought MoP.

My timing is just impeccable.
    Let me know when you in the market for a new car. If it works then your golden
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    I love that the price for the game goes down less than a week after I bought MoP.

My timing is just impeccable.
    Contact customer support. I know some people in similar situations got a free month of game time.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but what do you spend valor points on in 5.2? the gear from dailies is useless (and doesn't even cost valor) so there is zero point in doing them which is kind of disappointing actually since I was looking forward to having something to do rather then just logging in once a week

Edit, oh yeah the raid faction sells valor gear right?
    Yes everything from VP ie 522 gear requires raid rep to buy except a neck that you can get at neutral.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure whether to be happy or sad on that blue post about Elemental Shamans Lava burst and what not.

That's an impressive sale, 50% off ! I know a few people that will be awfully tempted back... the costs of these expansions (with the subscription fee and time commitments) is just too high for some. These discounts make that barrier a lot easier to overcome.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:40 PM ----------

Maybe I missed it, but what do you spend valor points on in 5.2? the gear from dailies is useless (and doesn't even cost valor) so there is zero point in doing them which is kind of disappointing actually since I was looking forward to having something to do rather then just logging in once a week

You will still be able to spend VP on (faction based) 5.1 items, up to iLevel 496 (iirc); the caveat is that Blizz will be applying a 'discount' to these items meaning they will cost a lot less (maybe half price, with some variance) to purchase in 5.2. So in 5.2, VP buys you 522 if you are a Raider or do LFR (albeit at a slower rate); and/or older 5.1 discounted faction based epics if you choose to.

I haven't seen anything posted on bonus roll charms coming from pet battles. Anyone on the ptr know what the drop rate is like? Do you get a fixed amount for every pet battle daily or is it a random chance? And how many lessers do you get? I'd assume 5 per tamer.

Ugh, more world PvP garbage.

We are changing the way Lava Burst interacts with Flame Shock. Currently, Flame Shock is required for Lava Burst to crit. This is cool rotationally but creates problems where Flame Shock dispels or swapping targets is a massive nerf to Elemental, dropping their 2.5 multiplier on Lava Burst to a 1.0. We are going to nerf Lava Burst damage, cause it to always crit (like Chaos Bolt), and then cause it to do say 50% more damage to targets afflicted by Flame Shock. The net result should be that LB + FS is still the best DPS, but failing to do so will be a 1.5 to 1.0 drop instead of a 2.5 to 1.0 drop.
    Elemental's PvE damage will still be lower than we want after this change, but we want to bring up the damage of Lightning Bolt and other sources of damage together; we need to buff more than just Lava Burst to preserve the rotation... and avoid a lot of Lava Burst PvP videos.
    *dies*

Something to finally help in PvP and make target swaps easier in PvE.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ue-Posts-Video

With the lava burst change (which is actually a bigger buff than stated since you get a clear-casting proc minus the fact you can't get lucky and crit for full damage), I wonder what the lavaburst glyph will change too?

I never saw Illidan as current content (Not til a few months before WotLK release) and it never felt weird unless the feeling that you've got something to work towards is a weird feeling.

So, now the LvB without FS on the target hits for noting cuz it wont (less likely) be a crit... lets change that, so the LvB will always crit and dealing BS damage, cuz they nerf the dmg, also the opposite team will dispell the FS anyway which will cuz even more dmg loss.
    Yeah... brilliant.
    Same problem in a different way. Or even worse.

Neat! Every spec supported for those rep belts except plate dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    I haven't seen anything posted on bonus roll charms coming from pet battles. Anyone on the ptr know what the drop rate is like? Do you get a fixed amount for every pet battle daily or is it a random chance? And how many lessers do you get? I'd assume 5 per tamer.
    Alright sweet, no answers. Looks like I'm going to have to download 20g to go on the ptr and check myself...

Deleted
    Blizzard : ehy guys, shaman elemental sucked all the 5.1 content so we will be boost it in next raid
    players : waaaaa yeah need zomgf imbah tier bonus gogo reroll

2-3 weeks before 5.2=

Blizzard : ehy guys shaman elemental has 2 problems 1)cant change focus in dps because of flame shock buff for lava burst (really?) 2)shaman elemental sucks in pvp because if people dispell flame shock he dont do damage (after 2 years) and we dont need to see more mono-lavaburst pvp video (really? zomg watch mage frost and warrior video before? icelance icelance icelance icelance, 20% life execute 300k damage)
    so we decide that lavaburst don crit anymore see it?! we resolved the problem! thats how we spent your money bro

players: ? trolling? it's a buff? it's like saying that arcane mage dont need anymore arcane blast stacks because sucks in pvp and on switch targets, good move!

Quote Originally Posted by druvirus View Post
    It wouldn't be a minority .. it would be anybody who sells things on the AH. The prices on things would be at an all-time low; no one would make any money from the AH. No longer would you have 20 stacks of one herb on the AH from different sellers on your Realm. Now? You would 400+ stacks of one herb .. all competing for top billing. Everything on the AH would be selling for 1g a stack if AH was world-wide. Supply and demand wouldn't match up. Great for buyers .. until, you know .. everyone decides farming ore for 10 hours isn't worth the 30g they would make.

Economics on WoW is what we call a "perfect competition". This means, in a nutshell, all items are homogeneous (one stack of herbs is always the same as another), transaction fees are nonexistent (on the AH there are transaction fees that are the same for every character, for the same item, negating that factor), and infinite sellers (anyone can essentially farm; it isn't something restrictive like, let's say, me farming diamonds irl). Because WoW is a perfect competition, it becomes nearly impossible to gain anything from having such a largely populated AH.
    To bad that would only happen at first then would adapt to changes and be fine. Economics in almost all MMOs falls under that.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Not sure whether to be happy or sad on that blue post about Elemental Shamans Lava burst and what not.
    It's a pvp buff, pve is unaffected by it. L2p and you won't have to ask stupid questions.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant View Post
    It's a pvp buff, pve is unaffected by it. L2p and you won't have to ask stupid questions.
    Bravo way to go being an insulting jerk with that last bit in your post, but then with the way some people are now days why should I be surprised,

Deleted
    what about the pvp quests is it just 50 points for all 7 quests or is it 50 per quest

50 total. They aren't going to give you 525 honor, 50 conquest, 16 lesser charms, and 1250 rep x 7 every day, or you would be done in a few days...