Deleted

Troves of the Thunder King - New 5.2 Single-Player Scenario

Hello there guys, thought I would show you one of the new scenarios in 5.2. This scenario is really really intense (if you music on even more) as you need to do the whole scenario in a whole 5 mins. If you do not make it the time you don't get an extra ''Burial Trove Key'' which is to loot 1 of the chests in the end.

I would recommend to loot as many chests as you can during a run especially the big ones as they give Elder Charms of Good Fortune, Parchments which you can turn in for rep with your faction whether you are Alliance or Horde.

You also need a key to enter which drops from the mogu mobs on the Thunder Isle. Dunno what's the drop rate of it but it drops every 25th mogu mob for me, around there atleast.

Anyways guys, enjoy this full run video of me doing the new scenario! Thanks for watching!

Last edited by mmoccc1676a0bd; 2013-03-18 at 04:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Cool scenario, looking forward to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    It drops from all mobs on the island, btw. I just got one from a beaver and another from a turtle.

Drop rate is pretty crazy high - I've gotten about 10 so far on the PTR. 1 in 25 sounds about right.

I totally agree though, playing with the music on is intense - every minute into the scenario the music plays what sounds like a falling piano, and it gets increasingly frantic as you run out of time.

The whole stage is very reminiscent of the Armory in the original Borderlands. In both, you're tasked to collect as much Treasure as is possible within 5 minutes, and in both, the levels are absolutely massive and there is no way you could even get half of it in 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-02-12 at 02:30 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

As a tank, it takes forever to kill those mobs :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    As a tank, it takes forever to kill those mobs :/
    It wastes an absolutely massive amount of time to kill them anyway - you basically have to CC them or use the trap items from the vendor (cost Greater Charms and require rep) or just wait for their pat.

On that note, I've always done far better in terms of loot by just staying in the first two rooms and grabbing all or almost all of the chests. Whenever I run for the end, I can make it, but I have to skip so much it just isn't worth it all for one extra key. I got 4 keys in my run staying in the first two rooms, and 1 key in the run running to the end (the bonus key).

The chest the boss was carrying... you skipped over it in the video (and I haven't had time to kill him yet). If that is a big enough deal to warrant running for the end, then I would change my strategy.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-02-12 at 02:54 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    So glad they implemented a solo Scenario The rewards seem pretty decent too.

Deleted
    The video got taken down for some reason? Decided to reupload it again.

One run is enough to get a cap of charms (20 pieces) which you can spend in LFR for bonus rolls (and then for subsequent disenchant that gives you much money) + some stones and other stuff from chests.
    This video shows the route and location of big chests (it can differ from run to run but not so much). I opened 12+ big chests easily, of course you can do more (15+ is possible).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp6lX5-WMtg

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the necro?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    Why the necro?
    While it's an old topic, some people might still find it useful. As long as posts contribute something, it's fine. Asking 'why the necro' is not fine.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."