Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Just keep an eye on the submerge timer as he can be fairly trollish with his times, if he submerges and has dread thrash up and is about to cast naked and afraid

He will use the thrash then instantly naked and afraid so you need to be ready for your OT/'s to take the dread thrash

Outside of that you can just have shield block up + demo shout for every single one and rotate shield wall and last stand, ideally combining the last stand with a shield block + barrier due to it not having the damage reduction component

Ideally you need to practice and consistently be making it to phase 2 with no deaths as random deaths are pretty likely in p2
    Sha of Fear helper addon helps loads for the DPS and healers, less so for tanks as sometimes you just need to eat the spray if you get bad RNG on where the orbs land and just run around troll spamming barrier

Deleted
    Yeah, i disabled Sha of Fear helper and got Dreadspray VR which seems alot better if you're soaking orbs, atleast i felt like it helped

I just hope we can start getting P1 stable and retard free quickly because i think we reached Phase 2 a total of 5-7 times but only twice we started that phase with 0 dead people

Deleted
    Setting it to globe pickup mode helps quite a bit though, and can be semi useful ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Setting it to globe pickup mode helps quite a bit though, and can be semi useful ^^
    Yeah, i prefer the DSVR one because it shows where shit is about to hit aswell as where it won't hit anymore. Although last night due to my regular offtank beeing on vacation () i tried taking all the cackles (didn't always work but meh). If i'd take two cackles in a row the addon would freak and turn itself off though, so i was doing it mostly addonless anyway

Biggest issue at the moment for us is DPS/Healers not managing dreadspray and going splut, we had some issues at the start of the night aswell where all our DPS would pop all cooldowns when they got to the panda platform (or maybe they all popped it after the first dreadspray). Eitherway it caused alot of orbs to spawn in a small period of time making my job a fuckload harder. When i told them to spread out the cooldown popping that seemed to smoothen ALOT and we didn't have any orb collecting issues after that.

Sadly we wasted most of our attempts on the two new people & some others which already had a night of tries under the belt who fucked up on dreadsprays not something i can do much about as a raidleader... Except make it clear they're the only ones who are to blame for those type of deaths.

Deleted
    Its an endurance fight and I quite like it for that

Going into phase 2 with even one DPS down is pretty noticeable on how rough it gets at the end although I would recommend practicing it to around 20% in phase 2 atleast and just having people focus a little bit more on cleaving the adds

Once you have the rhythm in phase 2 and have cooldown's been called for each huddle it can be pretty easy

Deleted
    Once you have the rhythm in phase 2 and have cooldown's been called for each huddle it can be pretty easy
    Yeah well, it's important to note that we're currently ranked... 700~ orso, so i highly doubt something you'd consider pretty easy is currently something we'd consider pretty easy

Although i agree, on paper the fight isn't complex at all, it's just one of those fights where as a Raidleader i can't hold hands that much. I'm a handholder type raidleader (some of our members really need an extra version of DBM on voicecoms). However me calling out who should throw the buff to who on Huddle just won't work....

Same thing with the dreadspray movement It also doesn't help that we've only killed Tsulong once, and Empress a total of Three times, now i strongly believe all my members have the gear required to do this fight but i also can't deny that more gear makes stuff easier.

Deleted
    You'd honestly be surprised with regards to phase 2, it just gets pretty hectic at the end. We went from 20% wipes to a kill, just from getting into the rhythm of the thing

As for breaking the huddles, we only break the first 3 with throwing the balls, after that we just CD it
    For the first 3 however we made sure everyone was using a standard grid layout that puts names alphabetically, and having the healers in group 5 and just breaking the huddle by throwing the ball by starting at the bottom of each group on grid and going from 5,4,3,2,1. So 5, bottom to top, 4 bottom to top etc... so people can pre target who they need to break next

Provided you have the DPS for the platforms (with 3 tanks) you should be fine on the boss DPS

Deleted
    As for breaking the huddles, we only break the first 3 with throwing the balls, after that we just CD it.
    Yeah, 10 man noob here Eddy, don't think we can cooldown the huddles that often... Also having 3 people stunned is kinda alot (you guys get 5 stunned on 25 right?)

Also only two tanks here i'm afraid

Deleted
    Yeah 5 stuns in 25

I must admit I'm not overly familiar with the 10 man tactics but I would assume you just break any healers that are in there, and heal any DPS who are in the stun to lower the raid damage intake, and using the moving up the grid as your breaking order

I suppose that makes most of my other points moot as well as I don't have any experience with the fight on 10HC yet... soon...

However I think my rhythm statement remains as its just getting used to it really

Deleted
    On 10m you break all 3. Don't think it's worhty dps and healing wise to keep someone huddled. And yes, you should force people to either use the same the same raidframe, or at the very least the same exact order, so people know to who they must throw the ball asap, and your paladin(s) know who is better target for hand of purity. You can't call it out, people should know beforehand who they need to throw it, and when they end the rotation, to which healer throw it back (throwing it to a healer with an add near, wipe).

Also, if you are the raid leader, you should have the raid CDs thought for every huddle (at least the late ones), regardless of breaking them. When you have 5-6-7 adds up and there is a huddle, between the aoe damage and the dot damage, you simply die without CDs. So plan for it, huddle goes from each 45 sec to 1:30 min. Just plan thinking that you won't have 1 min CD for each one, nor 3 min CD for each 3 huddle, and your CDs will be there. But get it planned.

Deleted
    So, Phase 1 is getting pretty stable, due to the other tank(s) beeing rather... erm... bad... I get to do all the Cackles, sometimes i'm not back on time but 9/10 times i am. Sadly the DSVR addon disabled after the first time but i gues i've started to notice the patterns and it's somewhat muscle memory so i dont get feared all that often.

Something i've noticed in Phase 2 is that most of the times we got there, he'd do the first Dread Thrash and then instantly submerge (before actually attacking me). Making me wait with popping my shit a little, which worked fine. Sadly at one attempt (not sure why) he Dread Thrashed a little earlier for some reason and me waiting for that submerge (since that's how i got used to it) got squished like a grape.

I gues you all pop your shit as soon as he gains the buff? Is it really plenty of time? Last stand and Shieldwall shouldnt be issues, but i'm somewhat worried about demo shou & shieldblock/barrier.

Demo is only 10 seconds and block is only just 6.... and if i pop a barrier aswell to mitigate that little bit extra i'm going to be rageless untill Sha resurfaces, if he then decides to not instantly Dread Thrash i'm basically fucked. I gues i could watch the timers better when the Dread Thrash is about to hit, just wondering how others time it.

Deleted
    Well, I just keep an eye on the other times, for the water strike (trivial frontal cone) or submerge, as he can skip his melee swing and go straight into the special ability

You are fine to pop SW as it *Just* lasts long enough, but with block I would delay it if he gains dread thrash with less than 1.5 seconds left til his next special
    If the timing just gets completely banjaxed with thrash just call for an external like PS or bubble sac

Its just one of those bosses where the timings can be extremely trollish

Deleted
    Trying to min/max a little and i'm wondering, does mass spel reflect work on the shards shot by the adds? (i'm guesing it doesn't as it isn't casted spells).

If it does it's a nice little bit of mitigation as healer get's harder.