Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

[PROT] Do you ever change seals?

Just curious, i spend literally 100% of my time using seal of insight, i've not tested any of the others at high vengeance as it seems like a noticeable hit to my survivability when i swap out of it.

In what situations do you swap seals if any?

SoR sometimes for trash, if bored.

Deleted
    You don't. They destroyed Seal of Truth and Seal of Righteousness.

Although, incoming buff to SoR to double the damage. Might be worthy in AoE situations in heroics, but doubtful.

Nah, no point really. SoR tickles like a down feather and the damage from Censure might as well be called "Censored" because it is practically non-existent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Nah, no point really. SoR tickles like a down feather and the damage from Censure might as well be called "Censored" because it is practically non-existent.
    I lold at that analogy regarding SoT

10+ Year Old Account
    If SoR actually scaled with Vengeance, maybe I'd use that for AoE. Even with the 5.2 damage buff, I don't see it as worth anything since we're tied to using a 1H weapon.

As for SoT, it's really not worth it since the nerfed it through the ground. I somehow ended up using it on Sha in LFR one week (I think it somehow activated when my cat decided to sit on my keyboard before the fight), a single tick of Censure crit for ~1500 damage. It's really sad to see the seal that Blizzard wants to be our 'DPS' option is so abysmally worthless at what they want it to be.

Bottom line, glyph Battle Healer and set your SoI to the 'on' position. It's not really worth it to do anything else.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Doubling, I'd go as far as to say even quadrupling the seal damage from Righteousness will not get me out of Insight. The scaling (esp with a 1H weapon, even if it is a 509) is just so piss-poor its not even worth using. 2 x 0 is still 0!

Insight for life (or until nerf).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I love topping the healing meters and the dps meters on high damage fights. SoI - I'm riding this train until it crashes.

Personally I think it's irresponsible of blizz to make the other seals available to prot. 99 times out of 100, anyone who uses it does so because they have no idea what they're doing.

Doesn't help that the prot-unique 80% damage reduction to SoT isn't detailed in the tooltip.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. The nerf to Truth and Righteousness was so freaking harsh that they might as well have them removed from Protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Personally I think it's irresponsible of blizz to make the other seals available to prot. 99 times out of 100, anyone who uses it does so because they have no idea what they're doing.

Doesn't help that the prot-unique 80% damage reduction to SoT isn't detailed in the tooltip.
    I basically posted the same thing in one of my many rants in the PTR thread; considering they want this game to be more "friendly" to new players and avoid the so-called "trap" talents and abilities, giving Prot (and Holy) SOT and SOR is just kind of counter to their philosophy. Blue posts have STATED that SoI is to be THE tank seal.

Not sure why they don't just give us the seals as "stances" like monks have based on spec or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Sometimes though more an exception than a rule. Mostly to get WoL ranks on farm. Used on elegon hc sk hc and bladelord hc. Switched to soi for the burnnphase on all those fights!

Used SoT on our first Tsulong kill (used it at the beginning of the fight while still had wings + BL + potion up) and it was a nice dmg boost at the beginning (i'd say about 10k on dps)

But other than that never found a reason to use anything besides SoI

Since switching to Glyph of Battle Healer and only using SoI, lots of healers in 5man heroics complain that I heal the same, if not more than they do... mind you I also use WoG and LoH when required.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Used SoT on our first Tsulong kill (used it at the beginning of the fight while still had wings + BL + potion up) and it was a nice dmg boost at the beginning (i'd say about 10k on dps)

But other than that never found a reason to use anything besides SoI
    Yeah, think I also used SoT on our first kill on normal tsulong. However, it is not a 10k dps increase. Not sure if it is even 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Yeah, think I also used SoT on our first kill on normal tsulong. However, it is not a 10k dps increase. Not sure if it is even 5.
    Looking at our log it's ~5k dps increase, however during the 30 secs of wings + bloodlust + str potion + str trink proc (that was < 30 sec) it was def much more than 5k of dps increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Looking at our log it's ~5k dps increase, however during the 30 secs of wings + bloodlust + str potion + str trink proc (that was < 30 sec) it was def much more than 5k of dps increase.
    Yeah, it is actually decent on some fights like tsulong. 5k is still 5k

Deleted
    yeah i like the "passiv" heal when i was normal tanking. so SoI ftw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Swapping right now is the pinnacle of min/maxing and generally you require at least a ~40s period to justify the global with how gutted it is. I did use SoR/SoT twisting on sha down phases since those are about a minute long at a time, but it'd make up about .5% of my damage in both cases. They've overclocked SoI to the point you really have no reason to swap, which is a shame but mechanically there's no valid reason in blizzard's eyes for you to want to switch, why would a tank want to do damage at the cost of survivability, right?
    You are presuming that the swapping is not happening when you have a free global. On most fights mentioned you often get a breathing room to swap seals safely without wasting a single global.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    You are presuming that the swapping is not happening when you have a free global. On most fights mentioned you often get a breathing room to swap seals safely without wasting a single global.
    Is it bad I never get breathing room? I always fill that room with Holy Wrath and Consecration.