This seasons gear

With 5.2 coming soon I have a question about the pvp gear available now. Will it still be available after the new patch comes out? I started a warrior on a new server and it is my favorite set. I'd like to be able to get it for transmog purposes and I figured this would be the place to ask.
    Thanks in advance.

Dreadful (current honor set) will be craftable, Malevolent (Current conquest) will be the new honor, and Elite Malevolent (2.2k rating) will be gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    Dreadful (current honor set) will be craftable, Malevolent (Current conquest) will be the new honor, and Elite Malevolent (2.2k rating) will be gone.
    There will be a whole new set of Malevolent with different stats in 5.2!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    There will be a whole new set of Malevolent with different stats in 5.2!
    What do you mean by a whole new set?

Would'nt it just be the conquest set for honor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    What do you mean by a whole new set?

Would'nt it just be the conquest set for honor?
    In earlier builds there was a difference in stats between Malevolent s12 and Malevolent s13
    but i just logged in to check and it seems as they are now the exact same stats in the latest build.

I wonder if Malevolent s12 that has been upgraded 2/2 will remain better or will automatically be downgraded
    to the same stats as s12/s13.

Time will tell i guess...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    In earlier builds there was a difference in stats between Malevolent s12 and Malevolent s13
    but i just logged in to check and it seems as they are now the exact same stats in the latest build.

I wonder if Malevolent s12 that has been upgraded 2/2 will remain better or will automatically be downgraded
    to the same stats as s12/s13.

Time will tell i guess...
    Right now on the ptr my T2 weapon is better than the t1 tyen weapon. Whether they change that or not idk.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

So I assume it's better to upgrade current malevolent gear instead of buying new pieces before the patch hits?

Quote Originally Posted by spekkio View Post
    So I assume it's better to upgrade current malevolent gear instead of buying new pieces before the patch hits?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    Thanks, I feel like its a race between me (lvl 48) and 5.2 (2 weeks?). Glad I don't have to rush.