Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xavas View Post
    I just had a glance at your post from a distance. It looked like it would be hard to read after seeing first two paragraphs starting with non-capital letters.

From what I gather, though, you are quitting I guess? Well, okay.
    no, I'm not quitting. did that a while ago after the friends stopped playing because of the level 60-80 mess. Went onto play more of MoP, but ended up giving up after a while because of all the above reasons ended up irritating me far more than anything else. I don't think i shall play seriously again till they are fixed though, until then they'll have to do without my subscription. I'm all for going forward, but 20 important levels are a mess, as are levels 1 to 20 for draenei and blood elves. Furthermore, how can you update so much bestiary , yet leave the original player races people still use, so grossly out of date.??

they look terrible. Every person i've introduced to warcraft picks up on the character models, and half the friends didn't start based on the models alone. That was well over a dozen, some of them hardcore gamers. It's a knock on effect you know, cos each of those people have peple themselves who in turn have other people

Deleted
    Whats up with people that have to thread-own everything? Do you want to be treathed the same way?

I am the one who never reads quests because all i care about is the pvp part. But yeah the character models are ugly like hell and i hope it get updated THIS expansion. N64 tauren ftw.

Deleted
    Gotta remember though about changing Outland and Northrend is that everything after them will be out of sync as well, you go from Blasted Lands before Deathwing was defeated to a Outland and Northrend after Pandaria is discovered to then go on to fight Deathwing and his minions in Hyjal, Uldum etc and then onto discovering Pandaria?

There's no way around it on Blizzards side really, it's just the way it is.

If you're no longer enjoying the game, feel free to unsubscribe, and keep an eye on the official forums, or here for updates that might appeal to you.

Paying for something you don't enjoy, is just stupid.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    the character models are ugly like hell and i hope it get updated THIS expansion. N64 tauren ftw.
    Won't happen. It'll be a major selling point of the next expansion.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The communities too big already. Good riddance to you all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya WoW sucks but's like that girlfriend of eight years you suddenly realize isn't that great, too much time invested to dump her now.

Besides it's all fine and great to shit all over what you have but unless you got better then it's best to reconsider. And if you do have better, then "why so bitter?" just move the fuck on.

Either way don't torture yourself bro and definitely don't torture us. Just because you feel negative about the game doesn't mean you need to piss on everybody else's parade.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-12 at 11:54 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

LAWL you complain about WOTLK story lines and its MOP Don't like it don't play pretty simple really ...

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I play wow and while some of the models are outdated and some textures on some old sets are outdated the graphics do not bother me. (the mop zones etc are glorious!)

The story while I understand that outland is a bit buggered and northrend is also a bit buggered. It would take a LOT of effort to change those zones and quite frankly it might be a bad thing.

Some people lock their accounts so they can only do outland or northrend or some just vanilla raids. to them thats the story. This is a minority though. For the average player playing through the game blizzard would have devote a lot of time and effort like they did in cata on old content revamps. I felt that while it was great it also affected the expansion it self.

One day I hope they change outland and northrend to show post expansion what the story now is about and how things have moved forward.
    yeah, well, none of us buy that explanation, bottom line is that it looks really bad, and is terrible to experience. Why update anything if you're not going to do a complete job? If the zones were fine, surely it was a lot less effort to just update the storylines and quests. For a company releasing a product they deem as finished, it certainly is not.

and to be honest it does disappoint to see fans accepting this excuse. not that they have much of a choice, but tbh Blizzard, it really is unacceptable, yes it is hard, and it is difficult, and it's work etc etc, but moaning about it makes you sound lazy, it's just not good enough to have something like that.. it breaks immersion, breaks continuity, and ruins the whole experience. Frustrates me enough to quit, and drives my friends away from wow.. and that point more than most gets to me, cos now i have no one to play with.

TL;DR: I quit

This is just another snowflake post.

Those kind of threads aren't allowed here.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Ya WoW sucks but's like that girlfriend of eight years you suddenly realize isn't that great, too much time invested to dump her.

Besides it's all fine and great to shit all over what you have but unless you got better then it's to reconsider. And if you do have better, then "why so bitter?" just move the fuck on.

Either don't torture yourself bro and definitely don't torture us. Just because you feel negative about the game doesn't mean you need to piss on everybody else's parade.
    Great fkn post.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    yeah, well, none of us buy that explanation, bottom line is that it looks really bad, and is terrible to experience. Why update anything if you're not going to do a complete job? If the zones were fine, surely it was a lot less effort to just update the storylines and quests. For a company releasing a product they deem as finished, it certainly is not.

and to be honest it does disappoint to see fans accepting this excuse. not that they have much of a choice, but tbh Blizzard, it really is unacceptable, yes it is hard, and it is difficult, and it's work etc etc, but moaning about it makes you sound lazy, it's just not good enough to have something like that.. it breaks immersion, breaks continuity, and ruins the whole experience. Frustrates me enough to quit, and drives my friends away from wow.. and that point more than most gets to me, cos now i have no one to play with.
    The more you speak, the more i realise you shouldnt.......speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    And we need to know all this why? What a point less.... Blog? It sure is not a topic thread.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Ya WoW sucks but's like that girlfriend of eight years you suddenly realize isn't that great, too much time invested to dump her now
    But, why would you stay with someone who isn't making you happy, even if you've been with them for eight years?! What a stupid thing to do, wasting both your and her time?

The same goes for the game. Don't bother paying for something you don't enjoy.

The graphical issues are pretty much irrefutable. The questing related stuff and immersion is pretty much totally gone anyways. I mean there are more than enough flaws and everyone should decide for himself if it is worth it for him to keep on playing for the things he still has fun with.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is "too bad, go find something else". Really, what else there is to do? You don't HAVE to like something, even if you previously did. If players are entitled to something it's the right to change their opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    You no longer like a game.
    Stop playing the game.
    Be sure to keep in contact with any friends you've made through another medium.
    Can.
    I.
    Have.
    Your.
    Stuff?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

no, I'm not quitting. did that a while ago after the friends stopped playing because of the level 60-80 mess. Went onto play more of MoP, but ended up giving up after a while because of all the above reasons ended up irritating me far more than anything else. I don't think i shall play seriously again till they are fixed though, until then they'll have to do without my subscription. I'm all for going forward, but 20 important levels are a mess, as are levels 1 to 20 for draenei and blood elves. Furthermore, how can you update so much bestiary , yet leave the original player races people still use, so grossly out of date.??

they look terrible. Every person i've introduced to warcraft picks up on the character models, and half the friends didn't start based on the models alone. That was well over a dozen, some of them hardcore gamers. It's a knock on effect you know, cos each of those people have peple themselves who in turn have other people
    so are you quitting or not?

I'm really struggling to make sense out of what you're saying.

Your biggest gripe is the character models? Who the hell spends all their time in game looking at their character honestly?

The most I see it is at the log on screen, you admit the gameplay has improved yet get caught up on trivial things like this.

Personally I don't have an issue with either the animations or models, mostly because I hardly notice them and the gameplay is much more important to me.

If you wanted continuity you should have played the game through, as it happened, naturally old content gets a facelift so people can breeze through the levelling, you end up skipping a lot of zones and quest lines, but that isn't a bad thing - no one wants to spend ages in irrelevant content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sound like the OP just wants a whole new game every time an expansion comes out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    But, why would you stay with someone who isn't making you happy, even if you've been with them for eight years?! What a stupid thing to do, wasting both your and her time?

The same goes for the game. Don't bother paying for something you don't enjoy.
    That post wasn't meant for you to chop it up. Too many people think Santa Claus is coming down their fucking chimney and so unless they get exactly what they asked for, then they think it's to best throw things away. Personally I've found only fools think that anything is going to be perfect and that to work with you have is always better then feeling entitled to better because most of the time you just end up with nothing at all.

I guess this is a case of to each their own. The argument here isn't that you should desperately stick to something that makes you unhappy but that you shouldn't be intolerant of every little fucking detail as if you were owed better. You aren't owed anything, life's not perfect and neither are you.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

how many of you are new to this game since cataclysm?

i don't think you are getting it

Level 60-80 is a huge throw off and turn off that the cataclysm levels weren't enough to make up for. Myfiriends did not get to MoP, thanks to the weird storyline dis-continuity they experienced when they started playing outland and northrend wher ethey quit and looked at me like i was crazy for conntinuing to play.

tell me what game has ever done something like that? . maybe blizzard hopes you'd be hooked enough not to care or to put up with it by that level, but i tell you, having no voice or cinematic quality in story telling,and having to read everything to get a sense of what is going on, then you encounter outland, and it continues into northrend, is bad. theyd on't have respect for blizzard anymore, and i hate that they don't. but i'm finding i have no respect for them either while that continues, and maybe you shouldn't . it's unacceptable.

Deleted
    half the friends didn't start based on the models alone.
    Happy to see they didn't start. If you judge a game as huge as this on character models alone, you have no business playing it. Go try Rift or SWToR, they have pretty graphics. Horrible gameplay (imho), but pretty graphics.