Hellfire ring and Witch doctor

Hi champs! i know im months late, but i was wondering, how do i aquire a hellfire ring? i know it has something to do with the new demons (keymasters or something?) that lurk around in each act, that has a low chance of dropping a item needed to create something else to get to the boss or something.. anyway, im just another under medicore WD that would really like to get my hand on this, but i cant clear more than Mp5 act 1 mp3-4 act 2 and mp3-2 act 3 and 4..

so could anyone please explain to me how i go about getting the ring? and if possible, any kind souls with some free time that could help me out?

my gear could be much better, but im really bad on money managment, and just recently bought zunimassa's trail

my character -> http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/L...05/hero/136430
    edit: for the talents, i use acid rain with slow burn instead of charger, was just trying out something when i logged out :b
    thanks for your time ^^
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    First you'll need to kill the keywarden on Act 4 to get the blacksmithing pattern in order to craft the machines.

Then you need a key from act 1, 2 and 3. This will let you make an Infernal Machine.

Quote Originally Posted by MyMarvel View Post
    First you'll need to kill the keywarden on Act 4 to get the blacksmithing pattern in order to craft the machines.

Then you need a key from act 1, 2 and 3. This will let you make an Infernal Machine.
    okay, how would you say the Dropprate of the recipe is on MP2? And same with keys?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    okay, how would you say the Dropprate of the recipe is on MP2? And same with keys?
    Very low. I'd do it on at least MP5 if you can.

The pattern is such a pain in the ass to get for a lot of people, so expect to get annoyed unless you get lucky and get it fast.

Quote Originally Posted by MyMarvel View Post
    Very low. I'd do it on at least MP5 if you can.
    i see, i can barely manage Mp3 as things are now in Act4

thanks for the fast replies tho

Deleted
    Droprates for Keys/Organs and the Plan is 10% per Monsterpower with the exception of MP0 where it is 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by tianvay View Post
    Droprates for Keys/Organs and the Plan is 10% per Monsterpower with the exception of MP0 where it is 5%.
    thanks, so 20% if i try act4 MP2 then... seems like im in for a long farm

thanks, so 20% if i try act4 MP2 then... seems like im in for a long farm
    Don't even bother farming keys on mp2.
    You'll need at least 15 runs in average to just build your first machine.
    The organ drop rate is the same MP*10%, so you'll need 5*3=15 machines in average per hellfire ring. It makes it 45 runs in average for one hellfire ring. Realistically you won't see all 3 organs drop after 15 boss kills on mp2, it can take ages to get that one last organ, especially on such low mp.

I am not sure about WD. But you can gear up a barbarian capable of running mp5 key runs using just 500k gold (unless you are running hardcore, obviously)
    So there is no single reason to try farming keys on mp2.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I am not sure about WD. But you can gear up a barbarian capable of running mp5 key runs using just 500k gold (unless you are running hardcore, obviously)
    So there is no single reason to try farming keys on mp2.
    havent really checked around that much, but for any half decent upgrade from here on out, i gotta pay at least 500k per item.
    and i kinda figured it would take a long time to grind on such low MP, wich is why i was also asking if someone with a big heart and spare time could help me out a bit

ohwell, 45 runs aint -that- bad.. can be done in a day or two ^^,

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the type of gear you need for MP6. I can farm with ease. Make sure you have magic find up to 300% with neph. Also, make sure you get blackthorne items with life on hit, it will make "reflects-damage" mobs no challenge. You should be able to pick up my dagger for a few million gold. It will make mass confusion actually OP. Im able to MC any mob and any boss in the game. It makes bosses and champs just stand there and take damage, or even fight for you if there are multiple mobs/champs/bosses in the area. Dagger -15 sec cool down, Passive - 7 second cool down, and Rune -15 seconds, brings the cool down to 23 seconds. Pure OP. Wouldnt shock me if it gets nerfed in the future.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...7/hero/4711228

On my build, I usually dont use FArmy, I was just testing it out. Its usually grasp with + damage rune.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2013-02-12 at 03:33 PM.

There are also places and people you can ask to run you through the 3 different Infernal Machine bosses to get the organs on mp10. I think there are some that will run you for free as long as you have 3 machines.

For your WD - you should change your build.

With Pierce the Veil and only Zombie Bears as your main damage dealer - all I imagine is you running around for a few seconds waiting for your mana to regen. PotV may sound good, but isn't when you put it with a high-cost mana nuke.

Here is my WD:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/W...203/hero/53412

Just play with that build. Allows you to spam Bears more frequently. Try buying a cheap'ish Strongarm Bracers - they are a pretty decent defensive bracers. I'd ignore mf/gf gear... if you can't kill mobs - there is no point in buying gear with it. Put an amethyst gem in your helm. No need to rush experience... maybe later on once you get better gear. Do not get gear with attack speed (if you plan on keeping a 1h with zombie bears). Attack speed just eats through your mana. So buy a new neck with crit dmg/crit hit. Get a better mojo with crit hit if you can afford it... if needed, drop the zuni mojo and buy the zuni ring (pox) to keep the 4 piece. Don't underestimate rings/amulets with average damage on them. They are undervalued and can increase your dps much higher than you'd expect.

Hope this helps. Happy hunting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post

With Pierce the Veil and only Zombie Bears as your main damage dealer - all I imagine is you running around for a few seconds waiting for your mana to regen. PotV may sound good, but isn't when you put it with a high-cost mana nuke.

Here is my WD:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/W...203/hero/53412

Just play with that build. Allows you to spam Bears more frequently. Try buying a cheap'ish Strongarm Bracers - they are a pretty decent defensive bracers. I'd ignore mf/gf gear... if you can't kill mobs - there is no point in buying gear with it. Put an amethyst gem in your helm. No need to rush experience... maybe later on once you get better gear. Do not get gear with attack speed (if you plan on keeping a 1h with zombie bears). Attack speed just eats through your mana. So buy a new neck with crit dmg/crit hit. Get a better mojo with crit hit if you can afford it... if needed, drop the zuni mojo and buy the zuni ring (pox) to keep the 4 piece. Don't underestimate rings/amulets with average damage on them. They are undervalued and can increase your dps much higher than you'd expect.

Hope this helps. Happy hunting.
    Hmmm, I might try your build one day. Now I just need 1 trillion gold to get some of that gear you have!

With loh builds (cant afford a life leech skorn) more attacks for less damage is better. Pierce the veil is only good for paper dps like a dh's sharpshooter. Blood ritual is simply amazing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C...8/hero/2509467

Acid cloud for low hp mobs (300k crits and you one shot), garq stun (3sec holds them in place) + 1.1 mil bears for elites and bosses. Soul, harvesting critting for 700k is pretty nice when your surrounded.

I do mp5 on the wd and dont really have to stop moving except for a couple of elites (shielding etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I don't think anybody has mentioned yet:

One key of each kind makes one Machine. When you use it, it makes a portal inside the building in Tristam. You need three of each key at first. Why? Because the portal opens up into one of three boss fights, and it's random. UNLESS you open all three in the same game. Then, you're guaranteed to have all three different boss fights. However, the drop rate is the same as it is for the keys. 5% at MP0, 10% at MP1, 10% more each MP. And the fights are extremely difficult by yourself. It's best to run with a group of three. If you "release" your body when you die, you can't get back in. So, with three people, you can have one person keeping the bosses occupied, while the other can resurrect whoever has died.

Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post

thanks for the reply.
    i dont run with zombie bears as a damage dealer, as i stated earlier, i only used it before i logged of yesterday as a test. i go with a sacrifice / Acid cloud specc wich is working pretty fine tbh.

gearwise i cant afford anything at the moment, just barely getting enough to pay the bills.. will look out for some new bracers / mojo sub-500k tho

I've done a whole bunch of these runs lately. I got the pattern on my first try on MP3, keys have been on and off but I found I didnt need much farming to get there, be sure to farm 3 of each key in order to have 3 machines before doing a run. I've been doing it 2man with a monk and sometimes 3man with another barbarion, we did it each time on MP5. Personally I dont find it to be very difficult, there doesn't appear to be any visible enrage timer.

Out of all the runs we didnt get any survival issues right until the last 3 we did (where we were 3man), 2 of my team mates died on both the Skele king and Zultan Kulle fights, but in both I was able to simply put on a 1h + shield and survive then do a sneaky res on them both. Surviving MP5 as a barbarion with a shield on is very very easy, can stand in all the shit and not die pretty much.

We don't have any insane gear, quite the contrary we picked up most of our gear for peanuts, with a few drops from playing being used too. I'd say it's fairly safe to say that the Ubers in D3 are not quite so scary as the ones in D2 where you really needed top draw gear to survive.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

So i called a few friends back into the game and we got togheter and started progressing trough Mp5&6
    was lucky with a few items, wich i sold to get even more new items, got more damage now and two keys

was just wondering, can i have one set of keys, while my friends have one set of keys each and we can just hop into eachothers portals?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/L...05/hero/136430 my updated char :>

So i called a few friends back into the game and we got togheter and started progressing trough Mp5&6
    was lucky with a few items, wich i sold to get even more new items, got more damage now and two keys

was just wondering, can i have one set of keys, while my friends have one set of keys each and we can just hop into eachothers portals?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/L...05/hero/136430 my updated char :>
    Anybody can open the portals, just make sure together you've got atleast 3 machines before you kill them ubers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    This is the type of gear you need for MP6. I can farm with ease. Make sure you have magic find up to 300% with neph. Also, make sure you get blackthorne items with life on hit, it will make "reflects-damage" mobs no challenge. You should be able to pick up my dagger for a few million gold. It will make mass confusion actually OP. Im able to MC any mob and any boss in the game. It makes bosses and champs just stand there and take damage, or even fight for you if there are multiple mobs/champs/bosses in the area. Dagger -15 sec cool down, Passive - 7 second cool down, and Rune -15 seconds, brings the cool down to 23 seconds. Pure OP. Wouldnt shock me if it gets nerfed in the future.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...7/hero/4711228

On my build, I usually dont use FArmy, I was just testing it out. Its usually grasp with + damage rune.
    Your gear is absolute garbage. Running MP6 would be a pain in the ass.