16 levels of item upgrade

Hello, everyone!

I'm playing on chinese realms and recently came back from a break.
    And here's interesting thing I noticed. You can upgrade your gear 4 times for a total of 16 ilvls.
    Here's an example - http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/c...87%81/advanced
    As you can see, some of his gear is ilvl 525.
    Not every piece of gear is like that though, seems it's only 25man drops are like that.

China doesn't really compete for world firsts, because the patches here always come a week later, but I guess this fact could have a lot of influence on the race.

UPD: I looked it up - gear in 25man raids is 8ilvls higher than the one in 10man and you can upgrade it two more times too.
    Blizzard's idea to award 25man raiding? what do you think of it?
    Last edited by zloitima; 2013-02-16 at 01:41 PM. Reason: more info

I believe its still only 2 upgrades. They just start with higher ilvl gear.

okay, yeah, I looked it up and apparently gear in 25 drops already with 2 levels of upgrade, and u later can upgrade it 2 more times
    for me it seems as it's Blizzard way to award 25 man raiding, and it's been tried out in China, so you might expect it in the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zloitima View Post
    okay, yeah, I looked it up and apparently gear in 25 drops already with 2 levels of upgrade, and u later can upgrade it 2 more times
    for me it seems as it's Blizzard way to award 25 man raiding, and it's been tried out in China, so you might expect it in the future
    No, they just changed it back to the WotLK style (with seperate lockouts and 25m ilvl > 10m ilvl) because of the subsrciption models there. Players in china pay per hour (correct me if I'm wrong) and to keep players from just logging on for raids 2-3 times per week they gave them the more time consuming raid model back. They've already said that they want to incentivise 25m content on EU/US realms also, but that's not what they plan on implementing again. Thunderforged items is the new incentive for 25m raids.
    Last edited by mmoc7168d263de; 2013-02-16 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    No, they just changed it back the WotLK style (with seperate lockouts and 25m ilvl > 10m ilvl) because of the subsrciption models there. Players in china pay per hour (correct me if I'm wrong) and to keep players from just logging on for raids 2-3 times per week they gave them the more time consuming raid model back. They've already said that they want to incentivise 25m content on EU/US realms also, but that's not what they plan on implementing again. Thunderforged items is the new incentive for 25m raids.
    Actually he was correct. in 25man gear drops with 2/4 upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Actually he was correct. in 25man gear drops with 2/4 upgrade.
    I was referring to the part "and it's been tried out in China, so you might expect it in the future".