Deleted

how to prepare for server transfer, need some help pls

my guild would like to transfer from a low pop server to a high pop server, the question how to prepare for it

one issue is the money you have to pay for each character transfer and for many one character wouldn't be enough because they covered all the important proffs. on their alts, so the question is, what would be the best compromise?
    so far i think transfering only one or two characters and then lvl a DK with some proffs. could work, with the bonus of a lvl 25 guild and heirlooms it wouldn't take that long..

another issue is which mats to take with us, it looks like the mats on the high pop server are cheaper, so we can't use the 'buy cheap on our server, sell high on the new one'

some help would be appreciated, maybe someone has some experience with this?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You say the mats on the High Pop server are cheaper, so you can't buy high sell low? Do you mean the low pop server? because if they are higher on your server then yes you can do this, 9/10 if you're moving server expecialy from high to low pop there will be things you could take to resell
    Why do you want to move to a lower pop server? is it down to you want to be a higher ranked guild on your server so you're going to move to a dead one?
    To save money levelling a DK (or 5 lol) would be the best option, if you like DKs ofcourse^^ ( i don't, and don't have any:P)

If you are planning to transfer your entire guild. I would suggest contacting a GM/blizz to hear if you can get a discount or even a free transfere. I've heard they have been nice like this in the past

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    9/10 if you're moving server especially from high to low pop there will be things you could take to resell
    He's moving from a low-pop server to a high one, not the other way around.

Nothing really to prepare for. Everyone pays the transfer fee for however many characters they want to take over, if there's people willing to transfer over extra alts with professions then you can or you can just spam LF ELIXIR MASTER in trade on your new server, whatever suits your guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Om1 View Post
    If you are planning to transfer your entire guild. I would suggest contacting a GM/blizz to hear if you can get a discount or even a free transfere. I've heard they have been nice like this in the past
    Haha, no. They don't do that.

OP: Why would you want to buy stuff? You can put excess gold in the guildbank, as there is no limit, and transfer it with the guild. If you really need items, buy 5k gambling cards (can't remember their name) or high priced items like gem panthers (loss on that is usually minimal).

Exclamation

I recently moved server, and has a costly transfer as I had to move another character, because I forgot a few things. Here is a quick checklist of things you should do, on a personal level:

• Ensure you've got all your gold pooled on the one character.
    • Ensure you've got all your Heirlooms on the one character.
    • Ensure you've purchased some cheap items before hand, to make a profit when you transfer.
    • Make sure you've left / disbanded any Arena Teams you're part of.
    • Remember to clear your mailbox before leaving.
    • Remove all auctions you may have.

Essentially, just go through your character(s) and ensure you have everything you want. If you're moving a guild, be aware it can take a lot of time. My guild took close to 72 hours before the transfer was complete, so having clear communication with your members is vital.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    He's moving from a low-pop server to a high one, not the other way around.
    Lol not sure why i read that in reverse xD

you can buy stuff like the engineering mounts sandstone drake and the new JC ones if you got a lot of gold to dumb also sha crystals are always good to buy. I would just transfer over one char and then later if everything is working out you can transfer more chars over. If you transfer over lets say 11 level 90s and then it turn out only 2/3 of your guild transferred and you cant find any people on the new realm you just lost a ton of money

Totally posted in the wrong thread.... ignore me.

If you've got more than 100k gold, you can use the guild bank to hold excess gold [if you're only transfering them two chars, 50k each]. The Guild Bank's got a cap of 1m gold.

Also..dont forget that your Q-log will be wiped, so its good to complete your legendary Q before transfer (ie 5500/6000 valors wiped back to 0/6000VP can hurt)

Deleted
    thanks for your help everyone, and no, according to the faq's i will keep my valor point

You keep your valour points but the legendary quests doesn't care about valour points you currently have, but valour points earned for the achievement A test of valour which is what you need for the legendary quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Catbrain View Post
    You keep your valour points but the legendary quests doesn't care about valour points you currently have, but valour points earned for the achievement A test of valour which is what you need for the legendary quest.
    If you don't know what you're talking about don't give false information. Whatever your current progress is for A Test of Valor you will keep when you transfer.