Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I still find nothing i like about warcraft any longer

this may be the wrong place to write my opinion on the matter, as it would seem only fan boy praises are acceptable, unless they can easily be trashed and shown to venerate warcraft by the faithful.

but criticise wow i must, for i ever look for a good reason to start playing and yet i fail to find it. I'm not addicted, and once i use to spend many an hour on warcraft.. Unlike most people, I actually think MoP is the best of warcraft to date, but I still find nothing that is good enough to cause me to return to regular playing, and far too much that irritates.

1. Character models: they stink. They look awful, and the gear looks bad imo. No i hate almost all helms in the game so hide that, only to see horrible looking models beneath. Not just the appearance that stinks. The animations look ridicuolous for the most part. Sadly worse on 2 particularl races i happen to like, humans and night elves.

2. The story is much better presented in MoP, without a doubt. However, it utterly sucks playing this game from the start with new friends, esp when you pick a draenei or blood elf and go through their first 20 levels, the rest of the game makes no sense, till you hit level 60 in outland, furthermore, playing any other races, and hit outland to northrend from level 60-80 and you're like, wtf is this, which is exactly the reaction they had when following the quest lines.. and this went on for 20 levels, we stopped shortly after starting northrend.

extremely disappointed no effort has been made about this.. can you imagine if this was a film ...? i just think with that sort of nonsense in a finished a product, it's a bit stupid to play this game seriously. I can onyl assume the 9 million subscribers actually don't bother reading quests, or they'd be terribly annoyed as me.

3. Alliance plot lines, don't seem to have improved at all. Where are the grand gestures, and the heroism? or the victories? i guess still waiting. Instead more allinace races continue to look rather inepet (gnomes)or incompetent (night elves), plain mediocre (dwarves) or non-existent (dranei/worgen), it seems the alliance is pretty much all human, with peripherals of other races. This is terrible if you play that faction. You do seem to get a much better value for money in your experience if you play horde. it seems the horde has a far better involvement of it's races, although it's still nothing to write any serious praise about. Blood elves actually have a story line which was a welcome surpirse from my ctaclysm experrience, but the better the horde writing becomes, it just makes the allinace look worse, creating an obvious imbalance, which ends up being more off putting.

My verdict? Gameplay is better, music quality continues to be high, but character graphics and animaitons, and lore, 2 central components in visual entertainment are still pretty crass, they bleed the joy out of any experience playing this game, and make me wonder how long will i have to wait yet again to get a decent, continuous story, where my favourite races look decent, nd have decent animations? Warcraft may have better boss encounters than any of it's competitors, but, blizzard are kidding themselves if they think that would be enough, where oteher games like swtor are just as much fun and at least have decent character models and continuous storylines.

So for now, my little revival of warcraft will come to a premature end, , let me try back in one year and see if any of the above has changed. I cannot take this game seriously at all until that happens.

how can you remak e most of a game and point blank ignore 20 levels without changing the storyline, and still expect to have 12 million subscribers.. you're having a laugh.

I'm afraid nobody cares. It's just another lame excuse for "I wanna let everyone know that I played this game for years but i had enough" thread.

OP makes some good points, the "Let's do the time warp again!"-nature of the story as you level up is pretty weird, the current story is "Humand and friends vs orcs and friends", the models of the vanilla-races are pretty weak (My draenei monk has actual fingers, my NE warrior has... flesh mittens for hands), but a fansite isn't really the best place to bring those issues up TBH, people either already know or actively ignore these issues, and nobody from Blizz reads the posts here...

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    I'm afraid nobody cares. It's just another lame excuse for "I wanna let everyone know that I played this game for years but i had enough" thread.
    and so the first response comes in, with no comment on any criticism given. is it that you just hate any criticism, or find no point to it, cos you're either on blizzard's payroll or a mindless fanboi? no attempt to refute any of the points made, because they stink and they are big points. Yes! This game should get a knock or two, there are some serious flaws about it that need reparation, and some people can see them and not like them and are not afraid to say so on the biggest fansite of all.

are you riled up? you should be, cos i am, as a fan you should be outraged, you know how much effort it took to coax friends to pay this game till we experienced the nonsensical 60 to 80 levels? and this has gone on since the cataclysm.

Whiles i do not expect you to agree with me, or like me, i expect if you're going to answer this, you give more than snide and stupid comments like:

"nobody cares"? yet you care enough to respond - showing by the "tone" of your response that you either feel threatened where you shouldn't as you're not a game developer, nor a blizzard employee, or are you? (that would explain somethings) and if you're not, it's just stupid that you should feel this way when such criticism is levied. Call a snake for what it is.

my topic was not without some praise which you obviously did not see in your rage or pointedly ignored showing me you're more interested in bashing me because I criticized your beloved/bosses/idol, than you were in anything I actually had to say. Far more valuable to me would have been you telling me all the good things about wow that me and my friends should ignore the annoying things and still keep playing. Or show us you're not hopelessly in love and trying to defend the indefensible by being damn honest and saying the other things you don't like or hate about that game, but explain to me why you still play it despite everything, which would in turn cause me to wonder if i should be so put out by this. AFterall, i am writing about what annoys me, and if i didn't care at all i wouldn't say anything.

this time, if you are going to respond, have a care to what you say, cos i'm watching, and reading.
    Last edited by Mace; 2013-02-12 at 11:40 AM.

If you do not like playing the game any more then leave. You are just looking for validations of your feelings. This is a societal trend that is pretty alarming. People cannot do anything unless the can validate they feelings/actions before hand. Just leave and let Blizzard know how you fell with an email.

we are all very sorry to see you go. hopefully you will return as i personally doubt that the community can survive without you.

I just had a glance at your post from a distance. It looked like it would be hard to read after seeing first two paragraphs starting with non-capital letters.

From what I gather, though, you are quitting I guess? Well, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    OP makes some good points, the "Let's do the time warp again!"-nature of the story as you level up is pretty weird, the current story is "Humand and friends vs orcs and friends", the models of the vanilla-races are pretty weak (My draenei monk has actual fingers, my NE warrior has... flesh mittens for hands), but a fansite isn't really the best place to bring those issues up TBH, people either already know or actively ignore these issues, and nobody from Blizz reads the posts here...
    now this is an example of a good response. Thanks you Mysticx.

now tell me, why do you still play warcraft in light of all this? for me, i couldn't stand those things still being un-addressed, and slowly they actually bled all the joy from playing the content. I could see MoP was better designed and a better play than all previous expansions i had played, including TBC, the graphics were yet even better, the story better, the encounters more fun and the structure etter - but it wasn't enough.

looking at my ugly human and night elf toons, were not offset by the new panderian which does have good aniamtions and actually looks good, nor were they off set by the worgen and goblin models that do look good. I still found the focus badly biased towards humans for the allinace, and whiles i could live iwth races liike night elves not having much of a spotlight, they seem terribly written, a stark contrast from how well warcraft 3 was that seemed to have 4 major races [orcs, humans, night elves and forsaken] rather than 2 - it seemed story tellining took a step backwards, and whiles there have been some interesting plots and stroylines, i still expected more and i'm not getting it.

Worse of all is weird lack of continuity at level 60-80. This is my iggest gripe outside poor character models/aniamtions... how can you do that in a lore based game/story and expect us to be okay about it? it was so weird playing through with friends, , they got turned off big time. they thought i was joking when i explained to them how the lapse in continuity occured. I suppose it is a wonder they still had people playing. I 'd tell them plainly, it is a major turn off for new players. who haven't had the benefit of years of playing through this.

what made you continue on though? because for me, these issues just got too much.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're burnt out, we get it, that's all it comes down too, And also if you think the graphics is a central component then you're going to miss out on alot of good games, Because graphics has bugger all to do with good gameplay, The graphics are very good IMO, and tons of people like them, They are upgrading character models but that takes time

Nothing wrong with the lore either, if you actually follow the quests they line up pretty well, and they have "put effort" into it, hence why they had a huge revamp, but you seem to have skipped over that

The problem is your whole post is just you going on about your opinion, there doesn't seem to be much to discuss, It's an 8 year old game, And you're clearly just yet another person who's played it for too long and can no longer appreciate it, There is nothing wrong with that but don't try and blame it on the game

Oh and you expect people to take you seriously when I've seen two posts (at the time of writing this) where you're using the childish "fanboi" rubbish, that will never help anyone take you seriously

Deleted
    If you dont like it, quit, no whining. People simply dont care.

This is just a game ( this more people needs to remember this ) if you dont like the turns and twists it has taken over time or not taken or you just dont like the overall picture of the state of the game just take a break and return if things improve the ways you like ... else do somthing else with you're time.

When you cancle the sub you get asked why you do so, there is a nice big blank spot you can fill with the text you did in the first post, do blizz read it ? i dunno, but it got more of a chance to make a impact then posting it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    this may be the wrong place to write my opinion on the matter, as it would seem only fan boy praises are acceptable
    Bad start, because of obvious BS. WoW bashing is what is acceptable and what you're supposed to do. Liking it is very uncool and enough to be accused of blind fanboyism and low IQ. But you obviously don't have to worry about that, right.

For the rest - like Senathor said, nobody cares. And rightfully so. You don't have anything remotely useful or valid to say. It's not even a good whine, measured by related standards. See ya.

Deleted
    What is exactly the point of this thread? Do you want us to refute your points, agree with them, just say we're sorry to see you go, or what?

I think it's weird that graphics, a non-continuous storyline while leveling (which is were you spend the least amount of time) and a bad Alliance storyline (in your opinion) are more important then the quests, rewards, raids, scenarios, PvP, pet battles, transmog and all the other things present. What you describe is just fluff, not the core of the game and obviously you don't like the core either. So, just quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    looking at my ugly human and night elf toons, were not offset by the new panderian which does have good aniamtions and actually looks good, nor were they off set by the worgen and goblin models that do look good. I still found the focus badly biased towards humans for the allinace, and whiles i could live iwth races liike night elves not having much of a spotlight, they seem terribly written, a stark contrast from how well warcraft 3 was that seemed to have 4 major races [orcs, humans, night elves and forsaken] rather than 2 - it seemed story tellining took a step backwards, and whiles there have been some interesting plots and stroylines, i still expected more and i'm not getting it.
    Character model revamp is coming, most likely for next expansion. In the meantime if you are not having fun playing WoW, you can always play something else and then return when you find things that are more to your liking. Plenty of MMOs out there that place a higher emphasis on graphics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxyde View Post
    we are all very sorry to see you go. hopefully you will return as i personally doubt that the community can survive without you.
    It has already started. Two people I know cancelled their accounts after reading this thread. I'm strongly considering doing the same myself

if i make a topic about every game i played and stop. i'll be typing till tomorrow. but why do you think we care? 99.9% of the mmo people don't know you. maybe try it on your realm forum you might have more luck. and yes the model looks outdated. and if you follow wow news a bit they are working on it. story line is kinda messed up atm. we know that blizzard knows that. but its not someting you can easly fix. that why they will release a burning legion exp. so they can change outland. and probebly after that northrend. or just make outland 60-80 and leave northrend for the people who want to do it.

and making 2 topics about the same subject.....
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hasn-t-changed

what where you thinking?

yet looks like you lie alot?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-very-least-!

you didn't quite so this is probebly flase alarm to.
    Last edited by loki504; 2013-02-12 at 11:45 AM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    snip
    So, just quit.
    Pretty much, if you dislike the game, don't make a forum post about it, just quit.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    I get that you're annoyed about the lack of continuity when leveling, but that can't be helped in an ever evolving MMO, unless they remade Outland and Northrend like they did with the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, which is unlikely because it would take an expansion-worth of development each, it's not going to happen and you just have to live with it, or in your case quit, whatever.

I play wow and while some of the models are outdated and some textures on some old sets are outdated the graphics do not bother me. (the mop zones etc are glorious!)

The story while I understand that outland is a bit buggered and northrend is also a bit buggered. It would take a LOT of effort to change those zones and quite frankly it might be a bad thing.

Some people lock their accounts so they can only do outland or northrend or some just vanilla raids. to them thats the story. This is a minority though. For the average player playing through the game blizzard would have devote a lot of time and effort like they did in cata on old content revamps. I felt that while it was great it also affected the expansion it self.

One day I hope they change outland and northrend to show post expansion what the story now is about and how things have moved forward.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But you still play?
    How sad.